In your opinion what are the best islands to cruise of the Pacific Islands...

bling19572010

Frediver - the credit is an OBC given to new cruisers on PG when refered by a past cruiser. It is $200. Past cruiser gets a credit to their next PG cruise.

So am happy to give you one if you need one or you can ask on the PG board.

my email is miriamdotdcunhaatyahoodotca

I also have my PG tips - nothing special really but developed for my cousin and friend last year and nothing so detailed as familygoboston's epic review.

6 trips on PG done and one in January coming up. Also a trip in December on their new small ship in the Caribbean Tere Moana!

The first time my husband and I were there, we were on the Tahitian Princess (only 600 passengers), and it was great. The Tahitian Princess is no longer.

But it is. After the drydock, it was renamed Ocean Princess and it still does the Hawaii to Australia itinerary. We'll be on this ship in March from Papeete to Sydney. We've never been on anything as small as the Ocean Princess so it'll be an interesting experience.

• 2 years later...

There is a really good Tour Operator who you can pre-book tours on Guadalcanal. Buses are limited so pre-booking is the way to go. If you are on the Sun Princess 2015 arriving in April and Dawn Princess in July 2015, I can happily forward their contacts. Was on the Dawn Princess last year and their Tour excursions are recommended. Happy Cruising:)

Edited by kctiare

There is a really good Tour Operator who you can pre-book tours on Guadalcanal. Buses are limited so pre-booking is the way to go. If you are on the Sun Princess 2015 arriving in April and Dawn Princess in July 2015, I can happily forward their contacts. Was on the Dawn Princess last year and their Tour excursions are recommended. Happy Cruising:)

We won't be in Guadalcanal until February 2015 but I am interested in the information for the Tour operator. Would you be able to post their contact information and more details of the tours here. Or just a link to their website.

Thanks

Julie

Some of you might like to see my photos of the Solomon Islands which I have visited on two separate cruises, in 2009 and 2014 -

Some of these places will not be accessible to larger cruise ships.

Edited by Fletcher

• 4 weeks later...
Some of you might like to see my photos of the Solomon Islands which I have visited on two separate cruises, in 2009 and 2014 -

Some of these places will not be accessible to larger cruise ships.

What stunning pictures!

Thank you for sharing :D

I'm going to Guadalcanal in 2016 as part of a Princess cruise from Brisbane :)

So looking forward to it - and your pictures have just made my day! :D

I did the Sea Princess from San Francisco to Sydney, 29 days, stopping at many islands. We liked the sea days and the islands, although I thought American Samoa wasn't real great. I never had the feeling the ship overwhelmed any island. It all seemed fine with about 2000 passengers. I also sailed the Ocean Princess in the Med, and that did seem to be a smaller ship but I enjoyed it. But when we took the Ocean, they only had traditional dining, and we prefer anytime dining. That was a drawback for my husband. I don't know if they still only have traditional dining. Moorea and Bora Bora were very nice. On Moorea on the beach someone had their bag stolen, but later it was found. Luckily they had nothing of value in it for the thief. Also on Moorea someone put money in their shoe when they snorkeled and it was stolen. This was a tour on a boat. You have to be careful of theft in those places.

• 2 weeks later...