Thermal suite and spa package?

A spa package gives you access to the thermal suite which contains sauna, steam room, large thermal pool (think large hot tub), heated lounge chairs. It does not provide you with spa services such as massages, etc. Those are extra cost. The thermal suite is actually quite nice and very relaxing.

No. It's not available on the Spirit, Sky, Sun, and POA.

There are some differences in the spa set ups on the other ships. I believe that the Dawn, Star and Jewel all have lap pools with a small thermal pool instead of a larger thalassotherapy pool, and no heated tile loungers for example.

A spa package gives you access to the thermal suite which contains sauna, steam room, large thermal pool (think large hot tub), heated lounge chairs. It does not provide you with spa services such as massages, etc. Those are extra cost. The thermal suite is actually quite nice and very relaxing.

Does anyone know if these can be booked prior to the cruise? I understand they only sell a certain # to prevent overcrowding. Would hate to wait till embarkation and be disapppointed. Anyone know the price per day on the Star?

Does anyone know if these can be booked prior to the cruise? I understand they only sell a certain # to prevent overcrowding. Would hate to wait till embarkation and be disapppointed. Anyone know the price per day on the Star?

No, they can't be booked before you cruise.

never done this but considering it....I hope it is as relaxing as you all mention. We don't mind paying if it gives value

We purchased the thermal suite weekly pass once each on the Jewel and Gem and used it daily during each cruise. Our experience was that overall it was relaxing, but there were some moments that it was a bit loud in the co-ed area (just one or two people talking loudly can echo through the area) and some guests left used towels on loungers rather than put them in the bins. Even given these moments, we thought there was value to the pass and for our next cruise we plan to purchase it again.

We purchased the passes on the Dawn last week and they were the best money we spent! For $119 you get access to the suite which includes the lap pool, regular hot tub, hydrotherapy hot tub, sauna and steam room. The relaxation area on the Dawn faces aft so you are looking out at the wake - what could be more relaxing? There are no heated loungers but we didn't really notice. It was always quiet and a wonderful change from the loud Oasis pool area.

Does anyone know the cost of a weekly pass to the thermal suite on the Dawn? I was on the Jewel in 2008 and the thermal suite was great! They had the heated tile chairs then that looked out over the front of the boat.

Can someone tell me what the thermal suite is. I am also wondering what is included in the spa package.

We have had the pass on the Pearl twice and once on the Star and plan on it again on our Gem cruise in September (same sailing as you). If the weather is a little cooler or wet, it is a perfect place to go to relax and soak in the water. See you there.

Dave

We purchased the passes on the Dawn last week and they were the best money we spent! For $119 you get access to the suite which includes the lap pool, regular hot tub, hydrotherapy hot tub, sauna and steam room. The relaxation area on the Dawn faces aft so you are looking out at the wake - what could be more relaxing? There are no heated loungers but we didn't really notice. It was always quiet and a wonderful change from the loud Oasis pool area.

Can you just buy passes for specific days, like sea days?

Edited by punkincc
missed the notation re the weekly fee

IN the past, you have been able to purchase a specific number of days or for the entire cruise. Note: the thermal suites will close late the last night onboard and will not be open on the last morning of your cruise. Locations of spas are a little different (Jewel class is forward, Dawn class in the middle) and can also be a little different within the same class. Check out the ship deck plans on the NCL website for the specifics. Recommend going straight to the Spa the day you board and check it out for yourself. If still interested, then purchase the passes. Passes are limited in number (I had heard 50 for the Jewel) per sailing. We have loved the spas on the Pearl and Jewel, will get one on the Gem next year and again on the Pearl in December. DW found the Spa on the Dawn and Spirit to be a bit of a let down compared to the Pearl so we de didn't purchase passes on those ships (personal preference). The other nice thing about the thermal suites: the large showers. Shower stalls (and bathroom stalls) are bigger than in your stateroom. There are lockers to secure your "stuff" while in the thermal suites. Towels and robes are provided as well.

Does this hve views to the outside or is it just inside in a room with walls? (does this make sense?) ... I would love to do this, but not sure exactly what it is like. Thanks. Jan

You will have fabulous views from the very front of the ship on the Jewel Class ships. Large bank of windows across the coed section in the middle plus front and side views in each respective male and female areas within the thermal suite.

Does this hve views to the outside or is it just inside in a room with walls? (does this make sense?) ... I would love to do this, but not sure exactly what it is like. Thanks. Jan

This is the thermal suite from the Dawn/Star main room - whirlpool, hot tub - lap pool and seating. There is a male and female changing room with steam/sauna (men's also has a plunge pool) and additional "quiet" relaxation rooms. The Dawn/Star do not have heated loungers. The Dawn/Star have a great aft view :D

2056653188_2012-04-1518_53_42.jpg.dcdb24cd23cccf1703912b983b828054.jpg

Edited by gma_pat

So does one have to buy this is order to use the sauna/steam rooms? I'm an NCL newb used to Carnival and there the steam room/saunas are in the changing areas for the gym and therefore free. I don't care for saunas much but I'm all about the steam room. So that would be the main attraction for me. I'd hate to miss it - but I'd hate even more if I paid $119 and there's one in the gym too! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk