Thermal suite and spa package?

So does one have to buy this is order to use the sauna/steam rooms? I'm an NCL newb used to Carnival and there the steam room/saunas are in the changing areas for the gym and therefore free. I don't care for saunas much but I'm all about the steam room. So that would be the main attraction for me. I'd hate to miss it - but I'd hate even more if I paid $119 and there's one in the gym too! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that on some of the ships there is a free steam room in the gym... specificially I remember on the Jewel it is to the right as you enter along the back wall. There was no charge to use this steam room. Also it was co-ed - that may make a difference to some.

You will have fabulous views from the very front of the ship on the Jewel Class ships. Large bank of windows across the coed section in the middle plus front and side views in each respective male and female areas within the thermal suite.

On the Pearl my wife and I got one of the double loungers and settled in to enjoy the view...then we promptly fell asleep. My apologies to anyone that was (A) disturbed by my wife's snoring (B) watched us sleeping in those prime viewing spots.

Dave

Does this hve views to the outside or is it just inside in a room with walls? (does this make sense?) ... I would love to do this, but not sure exactly what it is like. Thanks. Jan

This was my view from my Star lounger :D ... the Dawn is the same. The Jewel class are forward.. but views are just as grand.

274473_506611157_1049371710_n.jpg.fa200c7bd82a3a0aeb22867ed5586564.jpg

• 3 months later...

On the Dawn 16 day the pass started at $199 but we did not go until about 4 days in to the cruise and they brought it down to $119. Of course they did not sell out for that cruise, not sure why because there were lots of sea days and it was cold.

• 2 years later...
  • 9 months later...

would love to hear any current comments on the Thermal Spa Suite.

It is available now to book online at a weekly rate of $129 on the Jade. I'm curious about the rest of the fleet as well.

There was a question posed last March asking whether the Thermal Suite was available for use by someone getting a spa treatment. That would be good to know.

Scanditaly

Jewel does have a thalassotherapy pool, and heated loungers. They face the bow of the ship and there are floor to ceiling windows. It's amazing.

You can purchase in advance for some ships. I already have mine for my Jade cruise in March, for example. I paid $129 for it, and it said 10% off if purchased before th cruise. If it's available for prepurchase, it will show up in your explore and plan section in your reservation.

Hi, Does anybody know if access to the Thermal Suite is included with a spa service such as a massage?

Thank you

Yes, you may use it after your massage, or you could last March on the Jewel. But if you left the spa, you could not come back later l, if that makes sense.

Edited by Starflyr3

Does anyone know if these can be booked prior to the cruise? I understand they only sell a certain # to prevent overcrowding. Would hate to wait till embarkation and be disapppointed. Anyone know the price per day on the Star?

You may certainly purchase the spa pass ahead of time. Doing so saves you $20. I bought mine as soon as I was able, 90 days prior to sailing because I have heard they may sell out. The other poster might be referring to Vibe passes which can be purchased on board only and areVERY sought after and usually sell out right away. The Vibe is an adult only area with chaises, bar, hot tub, shower spray and other amenities. Does not offer a pool. The Spa is just that:with hydro therapy and lap pool, sauna, heated ceramic loungers. This is also adults only. Take your choice!

Actually, this is an old thread and at the time the other poster replied you weren't able to prepurchase the spa package - you had to scramble on embarkation day the same as for the vibe pass. I'm glad it's now available for booking online. It's one less thing to think about on the day we set sail! The $20 off is an added bonus and didn't influence our decision at all. We didn't want to risk the passes being sold out.

Actually, this is an old thread and at the time the other poster replied you weren't able to prepurchase the spa package - you had to scramble on embarkation day the same as for the vibe pass. I'm glad it's now available for booking online. It's one less thing to think about on the day we set sail! The $20 off is an added bonus and didn't influence our decision at all. We didn't want to risk the passes being sold out.

I don't think they sell out as quickly as the vibe passes. We were on a full ship on the BA, and bought our passes during sail away, more than 4 hours after we boarded. From what is reported here, Vibe passes are gone in 10 minutes!

• 7 months later...

Whoa! The thermal suite passes for the Dawn for an October sailing are already sold out? Crazy! I guess it makes sense as it is a cooler-weather sailing. I was not prepared for the popularity! I WILL REMEMBER TO BUY THESE AGAIN EARLY! Heads-up to folks looking to use these services.

If it's anything like the restaurant and entertainment reservations (disclaimer: I have no inside information), they release maybe 1/3 of the total passes for advance purchase. For a smaller ship like the Dawn, that could be just 20 passes or so, which wouldn't take long to sell out. And it's kind of in their interest to sell out, because it might make the people who "missed out" want them even more and they will be all the more likely to buy them on board (for $20 more).

We just got off the Dawn.....where we purchased the thermal spa package on board. I believe they told us that they only pre-sell about half of the packages.....so in our case 40 pre-sale, and 40 onboard. Buying on board is more expensive......but oh so worth it.

So if you still really want one, check in out in the terminal prior to boarding or head to the spa right away.

And Dawn does now have the heated tile loungers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We just got off the Dawn.....where we purchased the thermal spa package on board. I believe they told us that they only pre-sell about half of the packages.....so in our case 40 pre-sale, and 40 onboard. Buying on board is more expensive......but oh so worth it.

So if you still really want one, check in out in the terminal prior to boarding or head to the spa right away.

And Dawn does now have the heated tile loungers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update on the Dawn! We got the pass last time we were on, and we pre booked passes for our trip next Friday! What did the seating look like with the new heated loungers? Was there enough room to find a seat everyday? Can couples sit together in the relaxation rooms of there aren't seats in front of the big window in the thermal suite? How crowded was it in there??

Thanks in advance for the info! 😀