Checking OBC

Was wondering if there was a way of checking one's OBC online prior to sailing. I want to make sure that my travel agent deposits it. If not, what is the best way to check it? Thanks in advance

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

OBC from outside sources, such as TA's or gifts from family and friends will not show up on-line nor on your Confirmation Invoice from RCI. You will have to wait until you are onboard. OBC usually shows up on your SeaPass account by Day 2.

Is there a way to check if OBC has been posted if you are using RC Reward Points to get it?

Not via Royal's web site. The only way is to request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Request this from whoever booked your cruise.

Pretty good setup for travel agents. They can gain your business with promises of OBC and then stiff you and you won't find out until you're in the middle of the ocean.

I wouldn't worry about that happening. If you use a reputable travel agent, they are concerned about their reputation. I have never "stiffed" a client on their OBC. If we did that, we would never gain repeat business!

The previous posts are correct - the OBC will show up on the 2nd day of the cruise. You may also get a card in your stateroom, telling you about the OBC. If that doesn't happen you can always call guest services to check, or on some ships, check your account on your TV. :)

Is there a way to check if OBC has been posted if you are using RC Reward Points to get it?

As Bob as said, you must request a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Any OBC that you are getting from redeeming Visa Points will be appear under "Booking Charges" in code.

This is what appeared on a recent Invoice from RCI when I redeemed 30,000 points for a $300 OBC.....

C30C - $250 - OBC

C10C-L1 0BC - $50

Yes, take a copy of any correspondence you've had, with you. Agreed, it will not show up on your account until at least Day 2.

Absolutely agree. We received OBC from DIL on our last cruise, and even though the card announcing the gift showed up in our cabin on the first day (Sunday), it took multiple trips down to GS (and eventually a sit-down meeting with the finance manager in the Purser's office) to get it credited to our account (on Wednesday). If we didn't have all of the confirmation paperwork with us, I doubt they would have done anything.

Not via Royal's web site. The only way is to request Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. Request this from whoever booked your cruise.

As Bob as said, you must request a Confirmation Invoice from RCI. Any OBC that you are getting from redeeming Visa Points will be appear under "Booking Charges" in code.

This is what appeared on a recent Invoice from RCI when I redeemed 30,000 points for a $300 OBC.....

C30C - $250 - OBC

C10C-L1 0BC - $50

Thanks so much! I will request that from our TA today.

Thanks so much! I will request that from our TA today.

If you don't see the codes that Patti posted above, confirm that the TA is giving you Royal's booking confirmation, not the TA's booking confirmation. The TA's booking confirmation will not be as useful as Royal's confirmation if you need supporting documentation once on board.

Also, if you redeem any RCCL gift certificates for OBC, you can call your TA or RCCL to get a confirmation tha tit has been credited to your acct. I do this because when you redeem a gift certificate for OBC, the only thing you get as a confirmation is a little thing saying "Thank you for reddeming a gift certificate." It doesn't give you any information about your name, ship's name, reservation number or the amount. They should update their comfirmation to include all of that information as it would be documentation that you had redeemed one. The same applies to RCCL Visa points that are redeemed for OBC.

Archived