Carnival cruiser does NCL

S.S.Oceanlover

Thanks! We are returning to NCL in April for a TA and are very excited. I am glad to hear things haven't changed much since our last NCL cruise in '06. I am really looking forward to 10 sea days to explore everything on the Epic.

Are you looking at the west to east or east to west? We are Miami to Barcelona in April 2013 - have a good RC going - come along!:)

Just popping in to say that we did the Epic TA last year.....Miami to Barcelona and then stayed on for 4 more nights in the med........LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ship and the TA and I am an OLD Carnival fan...(32 CCL cruises) but I'm on the Epic again this November and planning to do more NCL.

Ya'll will love this ship......... 'nuf said......

Barb

It is for any room. You just have to book 9 months out. You get one point a day on the cruise plus the additional 1 per day for the early booking.

any room plus xtra bonus points for booking a suite

They also have on some cruises OBC for being AARP.

and if you book and pay in full with a amex credit card right now if you go to hsn.com and apply for a brochure when.it comes and you book a cruise by 8 31 12 you get 100 obc for any type room i booked a inside

Explain the double points for booking 9 months out? Is that for any room or just suites?

Any cabin if booked greater than 9 months out is an extra point

If you book a suite it is an extra point

and If you book a Latitudes inside offer you get an extra point besides OBC

So you can actually get up to 4 points a day

Any cabin if booked greater than 9 months out is an extra point

If you book a suite it is an extra point

and If you book a Latitudes inside offer you get an extra point besides OBC

So you can actually get up to 4 points a day

Thanks, Trying to determine which ship/line for May/June 2013, so might be worth looking at NCL. Like others, we are Platinum on CCL and RCI, but now seems like the right time to diversify.:rolleyes:

Great comparison! I love the NCL Star! Have been on her twice when she cruised the Mexican Riviera. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the ship and the cruise in general. The ship is pretty with all the wood. I see they have taken out the Tex Mex restaurant Endless Summer and changed it to Modernos. Loved the Blue Lagoon for breakfast or late night snack. Cagney's Steakhouse was awesome!

What a nice surprise to see this review on the CCL board. We've only cruised with Carnival, but the NCL Breakaway is whisperin my name. We prefer sailing from our home port and the Breakaway.. albeit more expen$ive, just seems like the next best choice for us.

To OP, Oceanlover! thanks for posting your review here! While I have enjoyed all my Carnival cruises, I have not cruised in two years, and dont loke a lot of the changes that have taken place with Carnival. I have no doubt that I will cruise one day again with them, but right now, my plan is to try something new. Celebrity first, whenever my Mom will take me with, or for me alone, NCL or HAL. I appreciate your sharing your experience here. All helps me make up my mind for next cruise.:)

Well for starters they have a new show every night unlike CCL which now has about 3/4 shows per week.

Also lots of live music everywhere at night. We hung out in Red Lion Pub with Kenny the human jukebox. BeverLisa took very good care of us.:)

Something else I just thought of. They have plenty of live entertainment at the pool featuring XCite which was very good.

Bill

Xcite is awsome, they were on my first cruise on the Sun. I love that live music by the pool.

Sent from my LePanII using Tapatalk 2

Are you looking at the west to east or east to west? We are Miami to Barcelona in April 2013 - have a good RC going - come along!:)

I'm looking at the same cruise. 11 days is just right, to avoid any nervous breakdowns at work while I'm away. I don't see going to Barcelona without spending at least an extra day or two or three over there. I've never been to Europe, and the idea of crossing the Atlantic is so cool.

I may have to wait, and do the 13-day cruise in autumn, though. Sadly, the flights will likely cost much more than the cruise, and I have to see what kind of bucks I can save up.

Just got off the Pride yesterday, our first (and last) Carnival cruise. Only have 4 NCL cruises to compare it to, but NCL wins by a longshot! Friendlier staff, cleaner ship, nicer decor and better food! Not a hard decision to make!!

Just got off the Pride yesterday, our first (and last) Carnival cruise. Only have 4 NCL cruises to compare it to, but NCL wins by a longshot! Friendlier staff, cleaner ship, nicer decor and better food! Not a hard decision to make!!

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. Just goes to show that different folks like different things.

and if you book and pay in full with a amex credit card right now if you go to hsn.com and apply for a brochure when.it comes and you book a cruise by 8 31 12 you get 100 obc for any type room i booked a inside

Just a correction that you do not need to pay in full or use an AMEX card to get the $100 HSN OBC.

We've already used our first $100 OBC. We booked a cruise and then a couple of days later found out about the HSN offer. I was able to get the code applied even though I hadn't received the brochure yet. The OBC worked out fine. Actually we did use an AMEX card and paid in full since it was only a week and a half before the cruise but that was not a stipulation.

I also had the code applied to a cruise we have booked for February, 2013 and the obc is showing up on our vacation summary. So we were able to use the HSN code for two cruises. We have 8 cabins going and I requested brochures for all of them but none have been received yet. Everyone has the obc applied and final payment is not due until November. I think only one is using an AMEX card. All were booked under the Up event and 7 of the 8 are also booked with the DASH sale with one being booked under the Latitudes offer.

This is a great deal.

Thanks for this post. We are considering NCL Dawn on our next cruise in a year or two. The staff was pretty rough and distant on our last cruise and we are thinking a different line. This all depends if we can get a price like a Carnival cruise? Specialty restaurants we do not do, and I don't bring long pants to cruise, so all this is souding like options still can happen.

Yep, NCL is looking like a plan.

Just thought of something else. I thought it was a nice touch when you come back from a shore excursion they have a moist towels for you and exchange your dirty towels for clean ones as you're getting back on board,

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill we wondered where you went. We cruised the NCL Jewel and had a great time. We thought the food was better on Carnival but.... we still ate way to much. We are back on the Valor 8/29/12 but looking at NCL for next October. We do like being able to bring a bottle of wine per person onto Carnival. I believe both lines have some good and some bad things. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We hope to see you on board again.

Relax and enjoy,

Wendy

Just a correction that you do not need to pay in full or use an AMEX card to get the $100 HSN OBC.

We've already used our first $100 OBC. We booked a cruise and then a couple of days later found out about the HSN offer. I was able to get the code applied even though I hadn't received the brochure yet. The OBC worked out fine. Actually we did use an AMEX card and paid in full since it was only a week and a half before the cruise but that was not a stipulation.

I also had the code applied to a cruise we have booked for February, 2013 and the obc is showing up on our vacation summary. So we were able to use the HSN code for two cruises. We have 8 cabins going and I requested brochures for all of them but none have been received yet. Everyone has the obc applied and final payment is not due until November. I think only one is using an AMEX card. All were booked under the Up event and 7 of the 8 are also booked with the DASH sale with one being booked under the Latitudes offer.

This is a great deal.

Where do I find this on the hsn site?....I looked but had no idea what I was looking for....:confused:

Having reached Platinum with Carnival and 3 Princess cruises, we will be watching closely as to the service (etc) on our upcoming Carnival cruise in October. We may be trying NCL also. Lot's more cruising to go before we call it quits !

We love both CCL & NCL. IMO, CCL's MDR beats NCL, but NCL's buffet beats CCL. Both lines have things we love, and things we just like. We do not dislike anything about either line. If anyone is thinking about trying the EPIC, go for it. We loved it so much last December, we are going again this year.

Just thought of something else. I thought it was a nice touch when you come back from a shore excursion they have a moist towels for you and exchange your dirty towels for clean ones as you're getting back on board,

Bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They also had cold water dispensers along with the towels. Its a nice gesture that doesnt cost anything.

Maybe Carnival can learn a few things;)

Bill we wondered where you went. We cruised the NCL Jewel and had a great time. We thought the food was better on Carnival but.... we still ate way to much. We are back on the Valor 8/29/12 but looking at NCL for next October. We do like being able to bring a bottle of wine per person onto Carnival. I believe both lines have some good and some bad things. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We hope to see you on board again.

Relax and enjoy,

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I am still floating around here, lol.

So you are looking at NCL for October 2013?

Any particular week and what ship? I am looking at the Pearl from Miami or the Jewel from Nawlins. Both western Caribbean.

Bill

Archived