C & A Points Question

parpot

We are planning to take the family, six adults and three kids on a seven day cruise in three cabins to celebrate DH 60th, retirement, and our 40th WA (DH to pay of course!) Does anyone know if we just get seven points or 21 (7x3) ie seven per cabin? Just wondered.

We are planning to take the family, six adults and three kids on a seven day cruise in three cabins to celebrate DH 60th, retirement, and our 40th WA (DH to pay of course!) Does anyone know if we just get seven points or 21 (7x3) ie seven per cabin? Just wondered.

The points aren't based on who payed for the cabins. Each person (even a kid) has their own Crown and Anchor membership number and accumulates their own cruise points. Each person on the cruise will have 7 points added to their Crown and Anchor point total unless you are sailing in a suite. If in a suite, each person will get 14 points.

The points aren't based on who payed for the cabins. Each person (even a kid) has their own Crown and Anchor membership number and accumulates their own cruise points. Each person on the cruise will have 7 points added to their Crown and Anchor point total unless you are sailing in a suite. If in a suite, each person will get 14 points.

I couldn't explained this better myself. THANKS!

I think the kids automatically get bumped up to parents q&a status after their first cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's true, and they stay linked to their parents until they are 18.

I think the kids automatically get bumped up to parents q&a status after their first cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes. Children under 18 are given the same status as their parents. However, each child's account still maintains their own actual amount of cruise points. When a child turns 18, they will revert to whatever level they are supposed to be depending on how many actual cruise points they have accumulated.

For example, the child of a Diamond member will have Diamond status until they are 18. If they actually have 40 cruise points in their lifetime when they turn 18, they will be be downgraded to Platinum C&A members.

The same thing applies to spouses. A spouse who is Emerald based on their own actual cruise points will have Diamond status if their husband/wife is Diamond.

Yes. Children under 18 are given the same status as their parents. However, each child's account still maintains their own actual amount of cruise points. When a child turns 18, they will revert to whatever level they are supposed to be depending on how many actual cruise points they have accumulated.

For example, the child of a Diamond member will have Diamond status until they are 18. If they actually have 40 cruise points in their lifetime when they turn 18, they will be be downgraded to Platinum C&A members.

The same thing applies to spouses. A spouse who is Emerald based on their own actual cruise points will have Diamond status if their husband/wife is Diamond.

I believe when the child turns eighteen, they keep the C&A level (up to Diamond) but revert to their own points. So, in the example, the child would be a Diamond with 40 points.

Note that this is also another one of those Royal policies that seem to be applied inconsistently. Many people report different experiences.

I believe when the child turns eighteen, they keep the C&A level (up to Diamond) but revert to their own points. So, in the example, the child would be a Diamond with 40 points.

Note that this is also another one of those Royal policies that seem to be applied inconsistently. Many people report different experiences.

I've read posts by people who have lost their parents' status when they turned 18 and those who kept their parents' status. I've also read posts from people who originally kept their parents' status, but were downgraded at a later date when someone at RCI noticed a discrepancy between their points and their status. It really does seem to be one of those YMMV situations.

Clarification: You have to apply for a C&A number; you won't automatically be assigned one, simply because you go on a RC cruise. So if any cruisers in the OP's group are first time RC cruisers, have them see the loyalty ambassador onboard to join C&A, and get points for their cruise. (And to the OP: No, if they do not do this you still can't claim their points for yourself, even if you paid for their cruise.)

Based on my three kids and conversations with C&A this is correct. One of my kids is Diamond, two are Emerald (based on what level we were when they each turned 18). However, their point count reflects their count only and to advance to the next level, they need to do it on their own.

I have never heard on anyone being "downgraded". However, nothing would surprise me!

Archived