Hangers

I have always found there to be 3 hangers too few for however many clothes we bring... Just ask the room steward...

And as for plastic over metal... Think of how much longer it will take to get luggage onboard if each bag going through the metal detector goes off b/c there is a wad of metal hangers in them.

I have always found there to be 3 hangers too few for however many clothes we bring... Just ask the room steward...

And as for plastic over metal... Think of how much longer it will take to get luggage onboard if each bag going through the metal detector goes off b/c there is a wad of metal hangers in them.

Luggage goes through an xray machine, not a metal detector. There is no problem bringing metal hangers, it will not slow down the screen process.

...Ah, yes... Weight?

Hangers don't weigh much plus not everyone flies to port. Not sure why the PP says no metal hangers, I don't pack them but my Mom and her friend pack all their clothes on hangers because they find it easier. They live in Florida and drive to port so luggage weight isn't an issue.

We always have three to a room (two females!) and have never had a problem with hanger numbers in a balcony room. I usually double up my shirts just in case, but most times wouldn't have had too.

If we ever feel the need to pack CLOTHES HANGERS on a VACATION, we're not going!!!!! And will add "get a life" to our list of things to do........................... :D:D:D

I always bring my own hangers with the clothes attached to them, obviously. If the closet hangers provided cramp the space in the closet, I take them out and put them aside, then return them before I leave.

Makes un-packing and packing to leave much easier!

Once I get home I'll take clothes off the hangers that need cleaning.

Also, pack with "plastic" in between clothes layers in your suit case. I use the clear plastic bags that comes from the dry cleaners (I saved a bunch of them). Prevents wrinkling while in transit.Frankly, plastic garbage bags will work also.

How many hangers is "enough" probably varies according to the individual, but the solution is simple if you find that you don't have enough for all your clothes - simply ask the room steward for more. - Problem solved.:)

I always bring my own hangers with the clothes attached to them, obviously. If the closet hangers provided cramp the space in the closet, I take them out and put them aside, then return them before I leave.

Makes un-packing and packing to leave much easier!

Same goes here!!!! I actually thought we were the only one's that do this.

Besides the tux, don't pack clothes on hangers. Do not see that it takes much longer to remove clothes from suit cases and hang on ship supplied hangers as opposed taking clothes already on hangers and placing them in the closet.

In repacking for the trip home, I use garbage bags. As I wear things, besides the tux, it goes into the bottom of the closet. When it is time to pack for the trip home, the used clothing at the bottom of the closet is tossed in the garbage bags and placed in the suitcases. Any unused clothing is just placed in the luggage. I have a tendency to overpack mostly casual clothes. When I get home, I launder the stuff in the garbage bags.

We always have three to a room (two females!) and have never had a problem with hanger numbers in a balcony room. I usually double up my shirts just in case, but most times wouldn't have had too.

If we ever feel the need to pack CLOTHES HANGERS on a VACATION, we're not going!!!!! And will add "get a life" to our list of things to do........................... :D:D:D

WOW!!! that's great that you have never had any hanger problems.:eek:

For me and DW we usually find we have just enough between the hangers supplied(about ten) and the ones in our garment bags(five or six).

Guess I need to "get a life" (haven't said that since high school)...:D:D

Archived