Celebrity Connections Party

goldiemom

Terrible treatment, I wonder if they realise just how bad the PR is from these actions.:(

Some people put way too much emphasis on a minor event meant to give people an opportunity to meet each other. If this happened on my cruise, I would simply shrug it off and continue enjoying my cruise without missing a beat. "Don't sweat the small stuff" is an appropriate thought.

Some people put way too much emphasis on a minor event meant to give people an opportunity to meet each other. If this happened on my cruise, I would simply shrug it off and continue enjoying my cruise without missing a beat. "Don't sweat the small stuff" is an appropriate thought.

I agree 100%. It's just a chance to meet some friend from here,not your senior prom.

Oh, don't get me wrong -- we "kept calm and carried on", as our British friends would say. ;) We had a fantastic cabin crawl, and we organized a horse-back riding shore excursion -- made a lot of great friends! But, I think that particular incident left most of us feeling that RC's claim that they valued their CruiseCritic members was just lip service. Hope I don't ever encounter that on Celebrity! :rolleyes:

Oh, don't get me wrong -- we "kept calm and carried on", as our British friends would say. ;) We had a fantastic cabin crawl, and we organized a horse-back riding shore excursion -- made a lot of great friends! But, I think that particular incident left most of us feeling that RC's claim that they valued their CruiseCritic members was just lip service. Hope I don't ever encounter that on Celebrity! :rolleyes:

Agree, it is the meeting of the CCmembers that make the party, however, being kicked out after a 1/2 hour is appalling. :D

At one of our Celebrity CC meetings, just as a nice group was forming and conversation was getting underway, the CD arrived and proceeded to take over. He talked and talked and talked and just about the time I thought he was going to knock it off so we could get back to socialization, he asked each of us to stand up and give our first name and CC username. OK, not a bad idea. At least it would allow us to identify the people we wanted to meet.

After everyone had finished introducing themselves, he thanked us for sailing Celebrity and announced he had arranged a "special surprise" for us.....the photographers were waiting to take a picture of the group. Would we please exit the room and follow one of the cruiseline people to the stairway to have our picture taken. :mad:

Needless to say, at the conclusion of the "special surprise," everyone who had participated just wandered away, and that was the end of it. We didn't get to meet anybody!

Archived