Celebrity Connections Party

goldiemom

No, this is not typically done on Celebrity.

Never... ;)

Several officers might show up, including the Hotel Director, Cruise Director and sometimes even the captain.

Some rollcalls arrange to exchange gifts via a raffle, but no company prizes..

Have attended many RCI Meet & Mingle gathering. I am new to Celebrity (Equinox Oct. 26, 2012). Does Celebrity have a small raffle of Celebrity items like RCI?

The rollcall often arrange for things like a gift exchange but the ship usually supplies some drinks and sometimes officers etc, (and rarely some nibblies). :D

All of ours have been morning ones as well with coffee and pastries - but it is so fun finally meeting people you have been chatting with for months that you forget about the cakes and coffees (which you can get anytime as well!). They have also been well attended by the officers and we have had the captain attend a few times.

No keychains or t-shirts, but refreshments were served on our Hawaii cruise Connections Party. We also had several ships' officers in attendance, and they announced that we were getting our own special bridge tour -- which was very cool! :cool:

No keychains or t-shirts, but refreshments were served on our Hawaii cruise Connections Party. We also had several ships' officers in attendance, and they announced that we were getting our own special bridge tour -- which was very cool! :cool:

I think that would be wonderful, the best I have ever had was Champagne, beer & wine along with the served nibblies.:D

On our 03/29/12 Silhouette cruise the Connections party was shameful. Nothing Nothing but some watered down mimosa. We arrange a gift exchange which was the only activity at the meeting.

Celebrity hit bottom on this one.

On our 03/29/12 Silhouette cruise the Connections party was shameful. Nothing Nothing but some watered down mimosa. We arrange a gift exchange which was the only activity at the meeting.

I am sorry to hear that, I wonder why 'X' would let down so many people in the one effort, bad PR. All I can say is that it is uncharacteristic for them.:D

How many people were registered for the party? I've been told the more people who register, the more involved Celebrity will be. I hope this is true - our next cruise already has 91 people registered as of today.

How do you water down a mimosa? Too much OJ?:)

I've never been to a cruise connections party where they served alcoholic beverages -- Usually just coffee/juices/pastries.

Some people do a better job than others, and it depends, from ship to ship and the events coordinator. One cruise they held it the first port visit, which was a tender port, and it wasn't very well attended as everyone was attempting to go ashore. On another cruise it was held during our sailaway. Half the folks didn't get the word.

I shutter to think when our CC party will be held on our next TA as the first 4 days are port intensive before our first at-sea day. I'm thinking it will be during sailaway.

How many people were registered for the party? I've been told the more people who register, the more involved Celebrity will be. I hope this is true - our next cruise already has 91 people registered as of today.

We had over 100 signed up

It sounds like you had a lousey group. There is nothing a cruise line can do to make a great party with a bunch of duds.

One of our best parties was going full blast. The CD was a bit late, he got the microphone and announced that it was obvious that he wasn't needed. Their main function is to break the ice.

Sorry you had a lousey time, but key chains and luggage tags wouldn't have helped. We had that one cocktail party, but otherwise we never had anything but coffee and pastries. Mimosas would have been nice.

How do you water down a drink that is only OJ and Champagne? :)

My experience is the Connections party is really up to us. The ship gives us a space, sets a time, has a few snacks and intoduces themselves and then its up to us to go from there. So I dont really see how it can be shameful for Celebrity.

Been to some that were just a chance to get to say hi and that was that; other Roll Calls have set up all kinds of actions. We had a wine tasting where we each brought a bottle and shared, we had Spanish classes on a S American cruise, SR Crawls, etc.

Sometimes I look to meet up; other times I just show up to support it and not get much involved. Since I've set up a private tour on our next cruise, I'll use it to coordinate the others and so on.

My opinon is, it is our party, not something Celebrity is responsible for, except setting a time and location. Thats all I really expect from the ship. And that is the usual on other Cruise Lines such as Princess that Ive taken part in.

Den

My experience is the Connections party is really up to us. The ship gives us a space, sets a time, has a few snacks and intoduces themselves and then its up to us to go from there. So I dont really see how it can be shameful for Celebrity.

Been to some that were just a chance to get to say hi and that was that; other Roll Calls have set up all kinds of actions. We had a wine tasting where we each brought a bottle and shared, we had Spanish classes on a S American cruise, SR Crawls, etc.

Sometimes I look to meet up; other times I just show up to support it and not get much involved. Since I've set up a private tour on our next cruise, I'll use it to coordinate the others and so on.

My opinon is, it is our party, not something Celebrity is responsible for, except setting a time and location. Thats all I really expect from the ship. And that is the usual on other Cruise Lines such as Princess that Ive taken part in.

Den

I agree with you Den - I think if we go expecting nothing other than to meet our fellow CC members and anything that Celebrity do is a bonus then we will all enjoy it.

Well, let me tell you, we had the opposite problem on one of our RC cruises. We had a very active roll-call group, with nearly 100 sign-ups for the "meet-n-mingle", where we had planned a pirate gift exchange. One of the assistant CD's came in with a microphone, and proceeded to subject us to 15 minutes of bad jokes and RC advertising. By itself, that would have been OK -- but then he told us that they had double-booked our space, and that our party was being cut down from an hour to 30 minutes (most of which he had already wasted). We hurriedly drew numbers for our gift exchange while the crew carried off our refreshments and waited impatiently for us to leave. :eek:

Well, let me tell you, we had the opposite problem on one of our RC cruises. We had a very active roll-call group, with nearly 100 sign-ups for the "meet-n-mingle", where we had planned a pirate gift exchange. One of the assistant CD's came in with a microphone, and proceeded to subject us to 15 minutes of bad jokes and RC advertising. By itself, that would have been OK -- but then he told us that they had double-booked our space, and that our party was being cut down from an hour to 30 minutes (most of which he had already wasted). We hurriedly drew numbers for our gift exchange while the crew carried off our refreshments and waited impatiently for us to leave. :eek:

Terrible treatment, I wonder if they realise just how bad the PR is from these actions.:(

Archived