internet access on the navigator - question

Hi,

I was under the impression that internet access is per minute only - but I just saw here on CC 'Discover Royal Caribbean International' the following:

"Nobody should have trouble "connecting" on a Royal Caribbean cruise. All RCI ships feature Wi-Fi hot spots (cabins included), and the Freedom-class vessels have Wi-Fi throughout the ship. This CyberCabin service costs $70 for a four- to five-night cruise, $100 for a one-week cruise, and $130 for nine- to 10-night sailings. In addition, for 55 cents a minute, passengers can connect at Internet Cafes equipped with one to two dozen terminals, and at the more private business centers on the Freedom-, Voyager- and Radiance-class ships."

So have I understood correctly that for $100 for the week, I will be able to get wifi in the cabin without an additional per minute charge?

thx

Elana

Unfortunately Navigator isn't Freedom Class. I was very fortunate on her last year to get WiFi in the room but I was right above a hotspot.

Charges from the website:

The basic rate is USD 0.65 per minute or choose from one of our pre-paid packages:

USD 35.00 for 60 minutes

USD 55.00 for 100 minutes

USD 75.00 for 150 minutes

USD 100.00 for 250 minutes

USD 150.00 for 500 minutes

Hi,

I was under the impression that internet access is per minute only - but I just saw here on CC 'Discover Royal Caribbean International' the following:

"Nobody should have trouble "connecting" on a Royal Caribbean cruise. All RCI ships feature Wi-Fi hot spots (cabins included), and the Freedom-class vessels have Wi-Fi throughout the ship. This CyberCabin service costs $70 for a four- to five-night cruise, $100 for a one-week cruise, and $130 for nine- to 10-night sailings. In addition, for 55 cents a minute, passengers can connect at Internet Cafes equipped with one to two dozen terminals, and at the more private business centers on the Freedom-, Voyager- and Radiance-class ships."

So have I understood correctly that for $100 for the week, I will be able to get wifi in the cabin without an additional per minute charge?

thx

Elana

You're looking at an out of date posting. The CyberCabin service was a way to extend WiFi into your cabin. The cost of CyberCabin was in addition to the normal per minute charges. It is no longer available, so until Navigator gets updated with pervasive WiFi (Jan 2014), you must go to one of about a half-dozen hot spots to connect to the WiFi.

Hi,

thx

Elana

Elana, you are looking at a very outdated thread. Just the per-minute price tells me that. LOL.

The prices are as stated by Norbert's Niece above. These are the ONLY ways to use the internet, and the prices are the same whether you use your own device or one of RC's computers.

Archived