Do you feel claustrophic??

We have only sailed on AOS, NOS, EOS and Celebrity Century and are looking at taking a 2 week cruise on the Grandeur. Do you think that having sailing on the larger ships (which we absolutely loved) do you think we would fell claustrophic on the Grandeur? Thank you!

Well it would depend on what you consider claustrophobic. Grandeur is still a large ship, but not as large as Voyager. There are things to do just not as much to do as you might be used to sailing on a larger vessel.

Is the Grandeur a lot darker with lower ceilings than the VOS, etc?

I have not been on Grandeur, but I have been on another vision class ship -- Splendour (which is currently the smallest vessel in the fleet). I have also sailed on a Sovereign class ship (Monarch) and a couple of cruises on Radiance class ships which are a bit larger. I have also sailed on the Freedom class. I say all this only to let you know my experience so you can evaluate my comment. I think RCI does a great job keeping a similar "feel" on its ships from biggest [at least the biggest I have been on] to smallest. I don't think you will notice Grandeur having lower ceilings in comparable spaces [cabins, lounges, MDR, Windjammer, etc.] The Vision class does not have a Royal Promenade, but they do have a large open Centrum. I have not cruised many other lines, but one thing I did notice on RCI ships compared to my one and only Celebrity cruise is how much more open the RCI ships are. I also don't think you will notice the Vision class being significantly darker. In fact, the Vision class tends to have a lot of glass so you might even feel like you see more outside light rather than less.

Where you WILL find differences is in activities and eating venues. The smaller ship will not have A FlowRider [of course neither did the Voyagers you were on] and fewer specialty restaurants. But it will still have a theater and the other typical cruising activities. My biggest question would be where are you going? If it is an itinerary you really want to take, don't miss it because the ship is smaller, you will have a great time.

Is the Grandeur a lot darker with lower ceilings than the VOS, etc?

We've been on Enchantment, which was a twin of Grandeur before it was stretched. It has a large open centrum and a multi-floor dining room which is also open in the center. The only area we felt slightly confined was walking through the corridor near the shops, but everywhere else we did not notice low ceilings at all.

NO! Not at all. Grandeur is lovely and one of my favorites. I like the cozy feeling as compared to MEGA ships. We are cruising the bigguns' now because of teenagers...but they would not mind 2 weeks on ANY ship.

We have never been bored, homesick or felt trapped on the maller, lovely ladies.

Sorry for mispelling claustrophobic!:rolleyes:

I can never get that right either, but I felt that way on Radience, especially when in the area of the shops.

Funny thing is my first cruises were on Millenium class and I did not feel that way. But we went on NOS and many other Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis. Now , I do not want to go back.

Archived