Where should the kids sleep

Msneata

We have a balcony cabin and I was wondering which child should sleep on the pull down. My DD is 15 and my DS is 5. Based on photos it looks like the top has a guardrail by I'm still not sure it will be safe. Are their weight restrictions for the pull down?

We have a balcony cabin and I was wondering which child should sleep on the pull down. My DD is 15 and my DS is 5. Based on photos it looks like the top has a guardrail by I'm still not sure it will be safe. Are their weight restrictions for the pull down?

There are weight limits....I can't remember if it is 220 or 250, you should be fine either way.

We have always put the oldest in the Upper since our youngest is a special needs child.

Just wanted to let you know that the oldest is 6' 4" (about 180) and has always fit....

last time was in May...

Do not know about weight but they are safe. My kids was 4 and 6 at the time and I was afaid they would roll off, but we had no problem. If they did the way our bed was they would have fallen on it or us:eek:. I know my oldest son climbed on one but never sleep on it as he had the pull out couch.

We have always put the oldest in the Upper since our youngest is a special needs child.

We have always put our special needs dd in the bottom (sofa) bed, and our younger dd in the upper. It has been this way since they have been 4/7 years old. Even when dd was 4, she had no problems in the top, and she was tiny for her age.

We took our then 6 year old on the Conquest in 2009. She is a fitful sleeper. I'm talking turned around in bed multiple times a night fitful. I was TERRRIFIED of the upper bunk but she begged and pleaded. Eventually with the assurance from the cabin steward and seeing it for my self I caved. We were interior so if she fell she would have fallen on the bed.

It was perfect! No problems, she slept soundly and after the first couple nights of checking on her I did too.

Besides she had all the towel animals to keep.her company up there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

When I sleep on the bunk I use a six pocket holder (like a shoe holder but smaller) as my nightstand. Not fun climbing up and down for a tissue and it is a safe place for my glasses.

My kids have been sleeping on the bunks since they were 3 & 6 and thankfully, no one has ever fallen off. When my daughter slept up there when she was younger she slept closer to the wall and we put a pillow between her and the guardrail just to have a bit of extra piece of mind.

Archived