Bringing Soft Drinks Onboard???

gem1017

Does anyone know if Princess allows you to bring water, soft drinks etc. on board on embarkation day like Carnival does? We always like to carry diet tonic water as they don't have it available to purchase.

Thank you in advance!

I bring on board enough diet Pepsi to last me the entire cruise. The only time I didn't was on my Alaska cruise. Then I took on enough to get me to the next port. Then at that port I'd buy enough to get me to the next port, usually 2 or 3 cans. On my upcoming cruise I'll probably take on enough to last me the entire trip.

Edited by Treven

Princess like other lines has a policy that states you can bring wine and champagne on board for consumption in your cabin. You are NOT permitted to bring soda or alcoholic beverages on board other than that.

Unoficially, (and this is why I have been on 31 princess cruises instead of switching lines) I have brought cases of beer on board and just asked about the policy Nd been told "what we don't see we don't know u have". That said, try at ur own risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.1

Princess like other lines has a policy that states you can bring wine and champagne on board for consumption in your cabin. You are NOT permitted to bring soda or alcoholic beverages on board other than that.

Unoficially, (and this is why I have been on 31 princess cruises instead of switching lines) I have brought cases of beer on board and just asked about the policy Nd been told "what we don't see we don't know u have". That said, try at ur own risk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.1

This is the first I have seen that Princess oes not allow passengers to carry on sodas. What is your source for this?

Princess like other lines has a policy that states you can bring wine and champagne on board for consumption in your cabin.

This part is also wrong. Many lines do not permit embarking with alcoholic beverages of any kind.

How much wine are you allowed to bring. Is it one bottle per person?

In the brochures it says 1 bottle per person however in the contract no limit is stated. It's been debated many, many times which is 'legally' binding but in reality I bring several bottles both at embarkation or from ports of call without any problems.

If consumed in the cabin, there is no additional fee but if brought to the dining room there's a $15 corkage fee which is charged for service in the MDR & not for the physical act of uncorking your wine. If not finished, they'll store it until another time whether you have traditional or anytime dining.

It's one of the many things that keeps me happily returning to Princess by being treated like a responsible adult who won't abuse this option that could be eliminated if abused.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I had no trouble bringing on a sports bag full of half liter bottles of water. It showed up a bit later than my other bag; could mean they took an actual look, or could just be Princess.

In Yalta, I was using the last of my Ukrainian currency and bought a couple of cans of beer. I put them in my shopping bag and put it through the machine. No problem. I think they are likely told to overlook small matters, as long as people don't make it too obvious.

Unless the policy has changed since our last cruise (January 2011), we haven't had a problem bringing on sodas. I'm not a fan of cans so I pack some two-liter bottles of Pepsi products (in fact, I had some Diet Coke out for my daughter's birthday party and no one liked it, but the Pepsi sugar free was very popular) and put a couple of 24-oz bottles in my carry on for immediate use. We'll buy some more in a port if we can.

• 10 months later...

...we'll be taking aboard a couple of 12-packs (sodas). If I slap a luggage tag on it and leave with porter will it successfully make it to our cabin? We've done this before but it's been almost 3yrs since our last Princess sailing and wanted to get an update. We're roundtrip out of Seattle on Star. TIA. :)

...we'll be taking aboard a couple of 12-packs (sodas). If I slap a luggage tag on it and leave with porter will it successfully make it to our cabin? We've done this before but it's been almost 3yrs since our last Princess sailing and wanted to get an update. We're roundtrip out of Seattle on Star. TIA. :)

Yes, it will make it to your cabin just fine.

Maybe a little shaken.

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

There's no prohibition on soda being brought onboard. But aren't those 12-packs kind of flimsy? Forgive me if we're talking about two different things: I don't drink soda, so I'm only familiar with what I see in the grocery store: those long skinny rectangular paper cartons. Is that what you mean? Doesn't seem like that would hold up to vigorous luggage-handling. I'd repack them in a sturdier box to be safer, not to hide them but to make sure you don't have catastrophic structural failure ending up Coca-Cola cans rolling all over the dock . . . !

There's no prohibition on soda being brought onboard. But aren't those 12-packs kind of flimsy? Forgive me if we're talking about two different things: I don't drink soda, so I'm only familiar with what I see in the grocery store: those long skinny rectangular paper cartons. Is that what you mean? Doesn't seem like that would hold up to vigorous luggage-handling. I'd repack them in a sturdier box to be safer, not to hide them but to make sure you don't have catastrophic structural failure ending up Coca-Cola cans rolling all over the dock . . . !

yep, you are correct on the packaging. My solution has always been a roll of duct tape...wrap the package and good to go. Good point about boxing them up but we've always used the duct tape and not had any issues...realizing there is always a first time. Thanks all for the update. Enjoy.:)