sail away in FLL

Cinder Again

I saw a note that our sail away time in FLL on the Noordam on January 18 has moved up to 4:00. I wonder if it's just because of the sheer number of ships that might be sailing (it's a Friday) from FLL that day, or if it's because of some other reason?

I saw a note that our sail away time in FLL on the Noordam on January 18 has moved up to 4:00. I wonder if it's just because of the sheer number of ships that might be sailing (it's a Friday) from FLL that day, or if it's because of some other reason?

I would guess yes - eveyone doesn't go at the same time:) Watching the sail a ways - HAL ships went at 4 some days:D

That's right -- they have to allow enough time for the ships to all get out -- there are only so many pilots -- and they have to allow time for them to go out on one ship -- get picked up and taken in to another ship. It is all time consuming.

Many times we have been told that we would leave at such and such time and it didn't happen -- times would be earlier or later.

That's right -- they have to allow enough time for the ships to all get out -- there are only so many pilots --
There's only four ships leaving that day, which is relatively low for FLL, but three of them are HAL ships, so that may make a difference.

I have been in the "procession" of ships leaving FLL on many occasions, and it's always kind of fun to see them make their way out, then find their own space in the sea, pulling farther away from each other, every time you check...

I, too, am on a Collector's cruise, and I don't know if the second part is leaving at 4:00 or later. I don't think it will matter to me, though, as I plan to basically stay aboard other than the mandatory "off and on again".

I feel sorry for staff, both on shore and ship, as it pushes them forward an hour on every detail...

Archived