Future Cruise Credits... expired??

mikjr

since the answers have been all over the board, I went right to the source and called HAL this morning and spoke with the rep, Elizabeth.

She told me that my credits expired Oct 23, 2012. So I asked her if I could get an EXTENSION. she asked me to hold while she spoke to her supervisor.

She came back on the phone and informed me that, unfortunately, there was no way to provide an extension, BUT I WOULD GET A FULL REFUND if the two FCCs were not used by Oct 23.

I mentioned that I had heard they were non refundable on HAL... she said under the NEW GUIDELINES, after four years, ALL FCCs are refunded!!

SO... there you have it...

I would wait and see if you actually get your money back. Odds are, you could call HAL back right now and get a different answer.

Wouldn't it be to HAL's advantage to allow an extension rather than a refund?

I would wait and see if you actually get your money back. Odds are, you could call HAL back right now and get a different answer.

Wouldn't it be to HAL's advantage to allow an extension rather than a refund?

Well... I did call again, the this time the REP said... I don't know. He did say, he knew of several instances where the FCCs expiration date was extended.

BUT, he recommend that I call Guest Relations directly, which I will do tomorrow and hopefully get a definitive answer. Believe me... whatever answer I get, I will ask for an EMAIL CONFIRMATION!!

My credits expired recently. I made many, many calls to many different departments and I could not get them extended or refunded. I was told that since the rules stated that they were nonrefundable when I purchased them, that was the controlling decision.

Hi All, Just back from a great Back to Back on Noordam. We also paid our deposit and my confirmation from HAL (dated July 25, 2012) states -

FUTURE CRUISE DEPOSITS ARE VALID FOR 4 YEARS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REFUNDED IF NOT USED WITHIN THAT TIME. THE CURRENCY IS NON-CHANGEABLE.

Hope that clears up the confusion.

02311.JPG

The above clearly states that if you do not use the deposits by the end of the 4 years -- it will be credited back to your credit card.

That is the form we got in July 2012.

I think this printed form should settle the issue for me.

I also called the Guest Relations office of Holland America this morning and spoke with someone from the Office of the President (at least that's what he said).

I asked him the question about expired FCCs... he looked up our account and said... not to worry and that there was no problem about losing the credits. I asked him for a follow up email and he said that wouldn't be need... and gave me his name.

as mentioned on this board, there is a different answer every time you ask!!

I think this printed form should settle the issue for me.

I also called the Guest Relations office of Holland America this morning and spoke with someone from the Office of the President (at least that's what he said).

I asked him the question about expired FCCs... he looked up our account and said... not to worry and that there was no problem about losing the credits. I asked him for a follow up email and he said that wouldn't be need... and gave me his name.

as mentioned on this board, there is a different answer every time you ask!!

And that is why we often read conflicting reports/responses. Someone in a supposedly responsible position gives information the guest should expect to be accurate and then they find out someone else in a supposedly responsible positions gives conflicting responses to questions. :rolleyes: No wonder we often read contradictions here on CC.

Archived