Coffee in a junior Suite?

twokey

Are there coffee machines in the junior suites, like in hotel rooms? If so, is the coffee on RCL any good? I like a good dark roast.

And, can we bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine on board with us on embarkation?

Thanks. This is my first time cruising.

Are there coffee machines in the junior suites, like in hotel rooms? If so, is the coffee on RCL any good? I like a good dark roast.

And, can we bring 1 or 2 bottles of wine on board with us on embarkation?

Thanks. This is my first time cruising.

Yes, there is a coffee machine in Junior Suites. Never used it, so I can't comment on the coffee quality.

It's against Royal's rules to bring any alcohol on board.

Bon Voyage!

I had a coffee maker in my JS but there was no coffee to go with it. :(

Sounds familiar. My last time on the Voyager they ran out of the coffee packets, but, when asked, they provided a jar of Nescafe.

We had coffee and tea packets which were replenished daily. The coffee was definitely strong enough to tide me over until I was ready to run to WJ or down to MDR for a brewed cup. I also had some Starbucks Via packets with me but never had to break them open.

We had a coffee maker and a kettle and plenty of provisions for it. We would grab a milk carton at breakfast and keep it in the cooler for our daily hot drinks.

Great idea for the milk! I don't care for powdered creamer but am looking forward to this little perk for our first-time JS cruise, AOS in Jan. 2013.

As was said, the coffee pot only brews a cup at a time. The little disk of coffee grounds RCCL provides makes a cup of coffee so strong you could stand a pencil upright in it!

I tried opening the disk thing and dumping out some of the grouns, but I ended up with a mess. And besides I don't care for the coffee they provide...but I do love the coffee I blend at home.

So I solved the problem by packing a zip-lock bag full of "my" coffee grounds, along with several coffee filters that I'd cut down by an inch. I made my coffee "my way" and loved it!.

And yes, room service might seem more convenient, but I love my coffee and don't mind the "inconvenience" of brewing a cup I can enjoy - any time I want.

There is a tea pot in the suite also. I used it to make hot chocolate. When I was in the mood, I'd add a packet of their dark hot chocolate mix to my steaming hot coffee, and add a creamer or two to enjoy my own coffee mocha-style!

As was said, the coffee pot only brews a cup at a time. The little disk of coffee grounds RCCL provides makes a cup of coffee so strong you could stand a pencil upright in it!

BINGO! As an experiment I decided to see how many creamers it takes to turn the coffee lighter. Answer: 4!!

I used it a couple of times but the room service coffee was so good I just order that.

Yes, there was a kettle also last week on the Freedom - with all the fixins.

Oh, and OP -- you can't bring the wine. Order it on RCI's website (gifts and gear) and it will be waiting for you in your cabin.

• 11 months later...
BINGO! As an experiment I decided to see how many creamers it takes to turn the coffee lighter. Answer: 4!!

I used it a couple of times but the room service coffee was so good I just order that.

Yes, there was a kettle also last week on the Freedom - with all the fixins.

Oh, and OP -- you can't bring the wine. Order it on RCI's website (gifts and gear) and it will be waiting for you in your cabin.

Hi

it's an older thread but

which kind of coffee pads can I bring :confused:

We in Germany have SENSEO ( 1 pad per cup) or similiar brand.

Or which one can i buy in the states that taste good ?

I have read 'Seattle's best ' ??

Thank you for help - first time in JS :rolleyes:

Greets Elvi

Das Bild ist leider nicht durch mich entstanden, aber ich hatte ein ähnliches System öfter in den Hotels...je Packung(die roten) sind 2 Pads drin, welche sehr viel größer sind als die Senseo Pads

Ok

danke, thank you , merci, parakalo.!

Dann guck ich drüben im walmart danach

Archived