Next cruise platinum, no vip showing?

airhead22

same as me... Oct will be my 10 sailing and I was wondering if I would have my S&S card in the vip lounge or not ... I thought when you paid your final payment that it would automatically make you platinum... but I guess not...

hope this goes smooth ( but I doubt it )

Booking a 10th cruise dosn't make one platinum, finishing your 10th does. Thats 1 of things Carvinal hopes will be clearrer with the new program.

Not sold on this. My wife's next sailing is #10 and our documents are listing her as Platinum

OP: I would have her give Carnival a call. They may not be giving her correct credit for her past cruises. I do know that on my 10th cruise all my documents did say "VIP".

yep, definitely call. My wife's next cruise (#10) and she is listed as VIP Platinum.

Has Wife taken same cruises as you. You have 10 precruises with Carnival listed.

No, she missed the Imagination in 2011.

I was worried they wouldn't grant her Platinum this upcoming sailing. Our docs right now specifically state we are both Platinum.

I guess it isn't really official until we get on the ship though. :o

I had this same problem with my teenage daughter. Our cruise is in 16 days and her luggage and boarding pass wasn't showing VIP. (This is her 10th cruise, my 9th.)

We contacted our travel agent and she contacted Carnival and it is now fixed. However, her VIFP account does not yet reflect Platinum. I assume it will once she checks in/returns from the 10th cruise.

Here we go again!

DD is way short on the # days for Platinum. But her upcoming cruise will be #10.

Although her VIFP and Cabin Confirmation say Gold, all her documents (luggage tags, FunPass, Booking Summary) say VIP.

Get this stuff straightened out before you board. Seems as though too many people are heading to the ship assuming that it will magically get straightened out even when their docs don't say Platinum. And then spend half their cruise at the service desk whining because it isn't right!

Yeah, sometimes it takes calling multiple people. This is when having a great PVP really helps. But if you don't have one, still CALL a human (or 3) and get it rectified sooner rather than later.

Your VIFP account might not say Platinum, but check your actual FUN PASS and boarding documents. They should say Platinum on them.

Also, you should be Platinum ON your 10th sailing, not AFTER completion. This may change with the new program, but since you are qualifying under the old program, you should be Platinum.

This is a copy from the Carnival FAQs on their website:

Previous Loyalty Program

Individuals who are members of CCL’s Past Guest Recognition Program (“PGRP”) must re-activate their Club Account on the Site. Upon activation, Members will maintain equivalent status in the Club as they had in the PGRP as set forth below:

Past Guest

Recognition Program

VIFP

Club

Gold Level

(2 - 9 Cruises)

Red or Gold

(Depending on number of Days accrued)

Platinum Level

(Less than 200 Days accrued)

Platinum

Platinum Level

(200 Days and more accrued)

Diamond

Additionally, certain Gold Level members of the PGRP will have the following opportunities to advance in the Club:

Any guest that completes ten (10) revenue sailings by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th revenue sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Maggie

I would not worry about the luggage tags as much as I would the Fun Pass.

That Fun Pass will have to have the VIP on it to get into the VIP line and lounge.....no Carnival Rep at the port is going to care "why" once you get there....

btw, I would keep calling until I got the correct answer....Carnival is known for their wrong answers....

Change in level is usually after the cruise is completed.

On Princess our Platinum level was on the next cruise after the qualifying.

They gave us our platinum pin on the second last night of the cruise along with our platinum ID.

On Princess and Royal Caribbean, it is as you stated, but not on Carnival. You received the status on the 10th cruise.

Once 01/01/14 hits, this will all go away, then it will strictly be days sailed.

Booking a 10th cruise dosn't make one platinum, finishing your 10th does. Thats 1 of things Carvinal hopes will be clearrer with the new program.

Not true. You are Platinum when you check in for that 10th cruise. I have sailed 9 times and my luggage tags for the 10th cruise say "VIP". The boarding pass does not say "VIP" but instead says "Gold Member" with an asterix next to it. When you look below the asterix says it refers to a "temporary status" and it will change as soon as you arrive at the boat.

This is from CCL website..Starts wiyh your 10 th cruise

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

Here we go again!

DD is way short on the # days for Platinum. But her upcoming cruise will be #10.

Although her VIFP and Cabin Confirmation say Gold, all her documents (luggage tags, FunPass, Booking Summary) say VIP.

Get this stuff straightened out before you board. Seems as though too many people are heading to the ship assuming that it will magically get straightened out even when their docs don't say Platinum. And then spend half their cruise at the service desk whining because it isn't right!

Yeah, sometimes it takes calling multiple people. This is when having a great PVP really helps. But if you don't have one, still CALL a human (or 3) and get it rectified sooner rather than later.

Did she book a suite? Remember suite bookings get auto VIP and I have also found Carnival has provided other platinum services to VIP (personal experience).

Archived