Every night items in MDR

cruisercrazy69

I always tried to eat off the daily side of the menu so I didn't pay much attention, but in addition to what was mentioned here they serve a nice little caesar salad appetizer. For desert our standbys were a nice cheesecake, an awesome bread pudding, and warm apple pie (my dd11 would order 2 of these each night). There are 5-7 appetizers, about the same number of entrees, and about the same number of deserts.

Lamb shank. That's what I didn't remember. It's hard to believe I couldn't remember such a forgettable bit of food. Maybe it's edible with a warm Coor's Light to accompany it.......

Nahhh.

My go-to beer on the Jewel was Alaskan Stout. Not bad for a cruise ship

I'm jealous.

We got some Art of Darkness recently.

I made a nice haul from Indiana last week at the Nationals. Several from Bell's and I finally got to enjoy a Edmund Fitzgerald Porter. Lordy, wouldn't THAT be great on a cruise?

I got some Alaska Amber from Texas a couple months ago.

Fun story from the Nationals---a young beer-geek buddy introduced me to his girlfriend. Her name? Amber.

I said 'hey, one of my favorite styles of beer!'. Ryan said it gets better- her last name is Miller. hah!

They have a menu on one side that doesn't change with your staples eg chicken, steak, salmon, fish etc. things that appeal to the general public. Yes and cheese cake apple pie etc. The other side are the daily specials that change daily. Not sure everything that is on it, but I'm happy because I know if there's nothing I like on the daily specials I can have mushroom quesadillas appetizer, steak entree and the cheesecake for dessert. I also order icecream a plain garden salad and cooked vegetables. I know I've had roast turkey, lobster tails, roast beef, crab cakes, pecan pie, creme brulee etc from the daily specials. There's also pastas, risottos, different fish dishes, Asian dishes etc but I don't order those as I don't like pasta, rice or anything heavily garlicked. I'm very much a meat and vegie person.

You can also aorder variations. I've had the lobster tails with steak as I didn't fancy the rest of the seafood dish. Happy eating!

My go-to beer on the Jewel was Alaskan Stout. Not bad for a cruise ship

I sent an email to NCL yesterday requesting that the Pearl beverage manager, before leaving Seattle for L.A., to put an extra stock of Alaskan beers on board for the PC repo cruise. We'll be on her then. Alaskan, although not rating up with the best, is a heck of a lot better than most of the other stuff....and not bad. Last cruise they had Alaskan IPA, Oatmeal Stout, and Pale Ale on the Jewel. If they have it, I'll keep the fridge stocked with it.

I sent an email to NCL yesterday requesting that the Pearl beverage manager, before leaving Seattle for L.A., to put an extra stock of Alaskan beers on board for the PC repo cruise. We'll be on her then. Alaskan, although not rating up with the best, is a heck of a lot better than most of the other stuff....and not bad. Last cruise they had Alaskan IPA, Oatmeal Stout, and Pale Ale on the Jewel. If they have it, I'll keep the fridge stocked with it.

Man, you guys just hafta rub it in, don'cha? They actually stocked an IPA? I thought that was heresy to a cruise line.

Man, you guys just hafta rub it in, don'cha? They actually stocked an IPA? I thought that was heresy to a cruise line.

I discovered it quite by accident when on the Jewel, and only when I saw someone else drinking one. Had to ask for it.

It's torture to read these menus when you're hungry, here on shore. But I guess I better remember what being hungry feels like because once we get on the ship, real "hungry" doesn't happen too often! :p

Lamb shank. That's what I didn't remember. It's hard to believe I couldn't remember such a forgettable bit of food. Maybe it's edible with a warm Coor's Light to accompany it.......

Nahhh.

Please don't tell me you're kidding. You've made me really happy if this is the case! Lamb shank on the everyday - really?

Edmund Fitzgerald Porter...Lordy, wouldn't THAT be great on a cruise?

Yeah, they could do a whole theme bar: Titanic Imperial Russian Stout, Andrea Doria lager, Lusitania brown ale, Remember the Maine blueberry ale, Bismarck bock.

Bar slogan: three brews and you're shipwrecked!

Ok here's a question - would they freak if my DH ordered the Salmon with the sides from the Lamb shank dish? That would be his food nirvana.

Chances are they would just bring your DH both full plates. Definitely doable and not a problem at all.

Yeah, they could do a whole theme bar: Titanic Imperial Russian Stout, Andrea Doria lager, Lusitania brown ale, Remember the Maine blueberry ale, Bismarck bock.

lol-058.gif

Too funny!!

You failed to mention Eastland Disaster Dark Ale!

lol-058.gif Too funny!!

You failed to mention Eastland Disaster Dark Ale!

I'm not familiar with those brews. I AM a fan of the Eddie Fitz out of Great Lakes Brewery.

Archived