Peat Taylor tours

surgie

We went with Peat in early December 2002 and had a great time! We lucked out and actually had him as our driver (he does employ others). We went to the Falls, then around the countryside, then into town for some shopping, then he dropped us off at the pier for some Margaritaville-time! It was very worth the money he charged.

We are going back in July and I'm researching others right now just for something different, but I would highly recommend Peat Taylor.

Laura in IL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;7;11;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Carnival Triumph 7-10-2004!

Carnival Triumph 11/02

We toured with Peat just this past Thursday. We were on the Triumph. He was great, very accomodating. He sang to us and showed us a lot of interesting things. We went to Dunn's River, the rain forest, toured the ceramic factory, and he took us to some terrific views on the mountains. What a beautiful country! He charged $30 each, a great bargain! Don't hesitate to use him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We have reserved Peat Taylor for our upcoming cruise stop in Ochos Rios. His confirmation e-mail included the following:

NB: As a result of 9/11. The state of USA Dept. has requested to the Port Authority of Jamaica that less person be on the Dock. In order to limit the amount of persons, a dispatcher will now be holding my name card “Peat Taylor” and will take you to meet me, please ask me for my ID. Also my name is written on my bus.

This makes me a little nervous. Has anyone else had this experience?

We went with Peat Taylor in February and it was a similar situation. There was a table with 'Peat Taylor tours' and from there we were directed to wait in the shade by the gate. Don't worry, he will be there - you really can rely on him, I just wish there was a Peat Taylor in every port of call.

No problem finding him. Even though there is lots going on there anyone will help you find him.

One word of caution. Even though he advertises that he only takes so many people. He had no problem filling up the bus. So don't expect to sit together

if you're not one of the first ones on the bus.

He doesn't do Dunn's River Falls with you he turns you over to a 'guide'

Read that as someone who wants a tip. There had to be over 25 of us and this 'guide' waited for another bus to come - not Peat Taylor - So he would have more people to give him a tip. We were delayed so much that the ship people started at the same time we did and it got very crowded and most of the time was spent waiting for the person in front of you to move.

When Peat ( or his son Oneil) drop you off just follow the signs and do it your self you'll have way more fun. Just beware of black rocks - they are very slippery - I am no spring chicken and will be a grandmother soon and I could do it myself.

Is it worth the money definetely

We went to Dunn's Falls with Peat Taylor in April 04. When you get off the ship, there is someone holding up his name on a card and you just wait there until he is ready to go. There were only 6 of us in the group and we were the first ones to go up the Falls. The guides weren't even ready when we got there! Dunns Falls was awesome. I'm so glad I chose to do that. What an experience.

After the Falls, none of us wanted to do the "tour" that is part of the package. I don't think Peat was too happy about it! But everyone just wanted to go back to the ship, change, and head off to Island Village (Margarittaville). We just weren't interested in going on a 2 hour tour. No big deal.

We still had to pay him full price ($30) which was fine with us. The best thing about Peat, was that we were the first ones there because when we left, the line was about a mile long to get in. I would recommend Peat Taylor!

Oh yeah, admission to the Falls is included in the $30. But you also have to tip your guide too, so have some $$ for that and $8 to rent a locker, which you get some of your money back when you return the key.

We used Peat last October and will be using him again over thanksgiving with our kids. We had a great time. Peat is open to suggestions, my DH and I went alone on this cruise and we wanted to snorkle. After the falls, he took us to a beach called Mahogany Beach and we paid some local boys to take us out the the reef. We fed fish from our hands and we were alone out there snorkleing, we saw many amazing fish and it was great. Peat told us he would pick us up, since we were a ways from the ship, at first I was nervous he would forget us, but he showed up and told me to never worry with him because he would never leave one of his clients.

Use Peat you will be happy.

kathy

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from a week on the Triumph. We decided to go with Peat again, since we were so impressed with him the last time. It was well worth every penny of the $30+tip we paid him. We were first at Dunns River Falls so we beat the crowd and the tour of the countryside is much more than you would ever see with a Carnival excursion. We did make some stops, like the Wassi Pottery Factory which was truly interesting and of course we made some purchases, the fire-eating guy, and Fern Gully. I have awesome pictures of everything. Peat is so friendly and you truly do feel as if you have a new friend! His son Oneal is very handsome, very polite, and truly friendly also!

We were a family of 6, all adults, and all of us were extremely pleased with Peat. I was impressed when we got off the ship and people were soliciting business. I said "Peat Taylor" and they all just point his direction, very respectfully. You can definitely trust Peat to be where he says he will be WHEN he says he will be there.

I know there are other good ones out there. I just wanted to update my experience with him.

Laura

My DH and I have booked a Pete Taylor tour of Dunn's River Falls when we sail the Conquest on 8/4. Problem is, the Conquest sails into Montego Bay, not Ocho Rios. We really wanted to try the falls, and have heard great things about Pete Taylor, but is the two hour drive too much? Moreover, the ship itinerary claims the Conquest won't arrive to Montego Bay until 9:00, and adding the two hour drive puts us at the Falls at 11:00 at the earliest. Is it too crowded at this point in the day to bother? Any advice would be much appreciated.

No need to respond to my earlier post--given the two hour drive, and the cost (it would have been $160 for my husband and I, unless we were able to find companions to split the cost), we decided to cancel the tour.

Despite the fact that I haven't taken the tour, I can say that I would highly recommend Pete Taylor's service. I was afraid there was going to be a problem when I cancelled the tour with relatively short notice, but Pete was very kind and accommodating. I was very impressed by his professionalism--it really says something when you treat a customer with courtesy and respect, even when you know you aren't getting their business (this time around).

• 2 weeks later...
all these reviews using Peat Taylor and not one web page. Whats up with that. How do you get intouch with him for a tour?

Jamaica W. I.

TEL: 876 975 0028

FAX: 876 975 0205

Email: oneiltay@cwjamaica.com or

onieltay@hotmail.com

"Hey Mon No Problem"

( view photos at: )

http://photos.yahoo.com/heymonnoproblemtours Password = Taylor

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We went with Peat in Sept 03. It was a day that we will never forget. Out of about 20 people on the bus, 15 were active CC'ers. Here's what we did:

The Falls. Gorgeous drive through the Fern Gully rain forest. Stopped for a beer with the locals at the top. Went to a small rural pre-school with some school supplies and cash. Wonderful loving children and appreciating teachers. Took us to lunch at The Ruins. Jamaican-Chinese food- which was strange - but a Disney-esque location. Took us to a safe location for shopping. Brought us to the front gate of Keith Richards' house overlooking the bay. All this, and intermingled with his songs and stories.

And yes, there were a few people that went back to the ship or to Margaritaville after the falls. After they heard what the rest of us did, they were sorry they did not stay with Peat.

It will probably cost more than the $30, but it is worth it.

• 1 month later...

Hey foofat!

They did all of that for $30 bucks? Did that include all of the entrance fees or just their part? I thought Dunn's Falls was $10 and the river tubing $20.....just for those two things... I've never been good at math but it doesn't seem to add up....help me please!

Kathy

Archived