What Carnival souvenir do you always come home with?

valancy1

I just realized two cruises ago,that I never ever bring home anything for myself.:( So recently I started getting a keychain for each port we visit. I usually buy them on the ship. I always eye the mugs or the magnets,but I never buy them.

I don't drink alcohol which makes getting dod cups more a challenge. In the early to middle 1990's I was able to get a full set of the glass dod cups for free. When people were at the pool they would often put them under their lounge chair why they were using the pool or hot tub. When they left the pool area they would forget their glasses and I would swoop them up. I was also able to get a few of plastic dod cups the same way.

My other best souvenier was the ship on a stick that I won on the September 24, 1996 sailing of the Tropicale on a 11 day cruise from Vancouver to Honolula.

I always buy a decorative spoon for the ship I am on to add to my spoon collection. I also buy a decorative thimble and now have a thimble collection. I buy these on islands, too.

I buy Christmas ornaments on the ship when I see them. The latest one is gold colored and round with a ship on an open inside circle. I have found them on Carnival and RCI.

RAM and I usually got the Fireworks tees from each ship and would wear those on our next cruise. However, Carnival does not carry those tees anymore so I am on ebay scouring for them. I think we will have to have a tee shirt from one of the ports...I am thinking Jack's shack!

Of course we also collect the pins, however, I don't like the new pins designs, so I again have been getting the ship pins from Ebay...

When we cruise, we always pick up something from the ship. The one thing I never miss is a magnet of the ship we're sailing.

This year, we're cruising the Valor again (2nd time in a row). The dilemma is whether or not to get a second Valor magnet. I am leaning toward "YES". I put them in a line on our fridge.

What is the souvenir you come home with from your Carnival cruises?

Norovirus and a hangover... the gifts that keep on giving.

A baby.

Just kidding.

I have one of those. Her name is Allison. 7 1/2.

Warning - mango margaritas at Carlos and Charlies can have lost lasting side effects!! :)

We like the $10 Tshirts on the last Sea day. Although our last Cruise on the Dream, they were awful!

Catrin

My DH always buys the model of the ship. Our mantle is starting to look like a port. :)

We just got off our first cruise and my DH Had to have the ship model! I'm glad he got it...we were on the Destiny and soon there won't be a Destiny ship any more! He wants to get one from all our cruises in the future! :)

We scoop a couple Carnival towels from the "return" bin, then grab a robe from our neighbor's cabin after they've checked out and the stewards leave the doors open.

I also like to take the big wooden wheel with the knobby things on it from the command deck at the front of the ship. Nobody seems to mind.

We scoop a couple Carnival towels from the "return" bin, then grab a robe from our neighbor's cabin after they've checked out and the stewards leave the doors open.

I also like to take the big wooden wheel with the knobby things on it from the command deck at the front of the ship. Nobody seems to mind.

No wooden wheels with the knobby things anymore... Just a little joystick and a computer screen.

Archived