Lufthansa Strike Threat 8/23/12

sos1720

I have a Lufthansa flight on Sunday out of O'Hare. It connects in Munich. The Munich to Verona leg is a Lufthansa, operated by Air Dolomiti, flight Any slim chance the "operated by Air Dolomiti" detail may increase my luck of actually making it to Verona?!?

It's a separate airline so you should be o.k. Munich isn't a bad place to be stranded as you can easily get rail to northern Italy. S-bahn to the hauptbahnhof and trains from there to Verona. EUR 69 for a ticket for a 6 hour train ride. I'd get the timetables so you know what trains to ook on if your flight is a no-go.

Donning the Nomex underwear.....

Just why do you think that things will be taken care of for you?

Your INSURANCE COMPANY is going to take of this? Do you have any concept of what "Insurance" is? How it is for protection against monetary loss through after-the-fact reimbursement? Not that they will "take care" of things for you.

Reality may very well be coming along to bite you in the posterior. You can either sit back with an attitude of entitled expectation or you can actively prepare to take control of your own situation.

Lufthansa will be slammed. Azamara will have less time and information than you can acquire. Pro-active research and knowledge will help you further than those other sources.

Of course, as always, it all comes down to your choice.

They are going on their first cruise and have "free" Cruise Air.

It's a separate airline so you should be o.k. Munich isn't a bad place to be stranded as you can easily get rail to northern Italy. S-bahn to the hauptbahnhof and trains from there to Verona. EUR 69 for a ticket for a 6 hour train ride. I'd get the timetables so you know what trains to ook on if your flight is a no-go.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful and reassuring!

The Lufthansa Call Center that serves North America from 07:30 to 22:30 Eastern time, is here in Ontario. The agents will be busy today rebooking effected North American passengers onto other available space, both on operating LH flights and other carriers. The office is expecting a very busy day today.

Gates just closed on my incoming flight about 90 minutes late. We should only be delayed rather than cancelled which is great. Let's see if they can make up any time in the air :)

Looks like the Canadian arrivals / departures are operating but at least 4 American cities have been effected, including New york, Boston, Seattle. Can't remember the 4th one, Atlanta ?? What is going to keep the agents busy will be the European connecting flights in Frankfurt and Munich. Apparently the call center here is having trouble of their own, their service level is VERY low ( long hold times ) phone issues, dropped calls, can't hear the passengers and have to disconnect!! Murphy is in the building !! Not good........ maybe some sympathy activity by other employees in Germany is effecting the tech issues. Something to add to the passengers being PO'd and left in the dark.

You'll be just fine. And I'll breath a big sigh of relief when I see my incoming flight in the air tomorrow morning. Enjoy your cruise.

Gates just closed on my incoming flight about 90 minutes late. We should only be delayed rather than cancelled which is great. Let's see if they can make up any time in the air :)

I hope you make it! We arrived in Munich ahead of schedule. There are a few delays, but no cancellations showing at the moment.

Archived