absolute best thing in belize? talking ROMANCE!!

lightnin

First off let me say the choices in Belize seem limited. We are not looking to get educated about history lol. Yes very blunt I know, lol. Looking for romance. We are are a married couple of 17 years on our first vacation without the children in six years. We are looking for a relaxing day, one that could possibly end with us getting our groove on lol. We're not pervs do please don't judge. Just looking to reconect with one another, enjoy our self with some flirtation and fun. Any ideas what we're looking for? Thanks for the replies.

Why Belize? That's probably the worst choice for what you are looking for out of all the Ports of Call in the Western Caribbean. Belize is history and the outdoors, that's about it.

What about staying on the ship, enjoying the pool/hot tubs together, get a couples massage on the ship, drink some wine, etc, etc????

To answer a few questions... we have two children under age of 5. No trip since I got pregnant 6 years ago. Why belize? The itinerary wh chose 9 months ago. Looking for a beach resort to relax at. ;-)[b/]

I'm sorry but I don't think that's going to happen in Belize... Other ports such as Cozumel, Isla Roatan, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Montego Bay all offer a MUCH better chance giving you what you are looking for.

First off let me say the choices in Belize seem limited. We are not looking to get educated about history lol. Yes very blunt I know, lol. Looking for romance. We are are a married couple of 17 years on our first vacation without the children in six years. We are looking for a relaxing day, one that could possibly end with us getting our groove on lol. We're not pervs do please don't judge. Just looking to reconect with one another, enjoy our self with some flirtation and fun. Any ideas what we're looking for? Thanks for the replies.

See if you can find one of those beach resorts that offers a "Day Pass". They usually give a room, use of the beach and facilities ect for the day. If there is nothing like that in Belize then you could even stay on board, spend the day in the hot tubs, holding hands on the loungers at the pool. (no chair hogs on port days!) You could spring for the steak house and have a special dinner. Etc..... Any place can be romantic if you are with the one you love. Go with that in mind and you will have a great time. :)

PS..Not sure if you are the man or the woman. For women, we want the romance. Men participate in the romantic stuff for the most part BECAUSE WE want the romance. The joke you see on the greeting cards while not totally accurate is somewhat true: To romance a woman..bring flowers, romantic poetry, hugs, kisses, dancing, hand holding...... To romance a man..show up naked, bring beer (or depending on age Vi*gr*!).

Heehee...I'm the wife to my better half. Our other ports involve Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel and ziplining in Rotaan. So I'm seeking one excursion out of those three that involves the romance thing. I'm sure they're are some nice hotels in Belize, but looking specifically for something relatively close to the port to enjoy maximum time to accomplish my goals of a great, relaxing wonderful day with my husband. ;)

Heehee...I'm the wife to my better half. Our other ports involve Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel and ziplining in Rotaan. So I'm seeking one excursion out of those three that involves the romance thing. I'm sure they're are some nice hotels in Belize, but looking specifically for something relatively close to the port to enjoy maximum time to accomplish my goals of a great, relaxing wonderful day with my husband. ;)

I'd switch the ziplining in Roatan for cave tubing in Belize... lots of pretty, cozy beaches in Roatan ;)

Belize has those Farmacias right by the port. Little blue pills with no prescription = ROMANCE!!!

Oh definitely intend on visiting their too lol;-)

How far is ambergris caye from port, how do u get there? Same question for San Pedro?

Someone help a housewife out here, lol!!!

Honestly, there is nothing like what you are looking for in Belize. To find a "beach" you would have to take the 20-30 tender ride to the port of Belize and then arrange a private boat to take you to an island....where it is unlikely you would be alone....and none of the islands would have hotels, etc. They are mainly for snorkeling.

Really, if you want "romance" in Belize you should stay on the ship....do the suggested massage etc.

A beach or day hotel will be available in your other ports.

Let me take another tactic here. How far is it to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye from the ship port, and how do you get there? Ferry? Catamaran, etc? What are the typical fares for the water transportation? Also, are there two-way transportation options to get back to the ship??

Stay in your room and connect with some wine and lots of romance.

Yes, but Riclop, you're missing the point...lol. We can get PLENTY of romance on the ship lol. We wanna enjoy ourselves in a foreign destination. ;) Surely somehow this is doable, lol!!

Can anyone please tell me how far it is to Caye Caulker by water taxi? Minutes traveled? Same for Ambergris Caye? Also in Ambergris Caye, how far it is to the town of San Pedro?? I appreciate each of your responses, you've all been too kinds with your suggestions. :)

Please keep the ideas coming!! SIX YEARS is a long time without a vacay with the kids. I REALLY want to make this a memorable wonderful trip for my beautiful husband and I.

Go cave tubing in Belize absolutely wonderful and naturally very beautiful. Upon returning to the ship try the below maybe.

Not sure if carnival has a "massage" called Raul in their spa but if they do well worth the money. It is not a typical massage with a spa employee, it is with your SO they give you a room with a small changing area a shower and a steam room. Provide several different salt rubs, mud, moisturizers etc leave and lock the door. Use your imagination from there.

One other suggestion would be to stay on the boat go do some kind of massage/spa thing late in the day before dinner. Afterwards you (the female) could return to the room to get ready while dh stays in the spa to get ready. Dh then comes to pick you up for a "date". Go for drinks somewhere then maybe to dinner in a specialty restaurant. If you have the means buy a new dress he has never seen and don't let him see it until he picks you up for your "date".

It is about a 40 minute ride in a water taxi to get to Caye Caulker. It is a wonderful place to visit but I don't think you would find what you are looking for there. The water taxi also goes on the San Pedro after it stops at Caye Caulker. I've only been to San Pedro once so not sure what is available there. The water taxis run on a set schedule so you might want to consider something else besides San Pedro or Caye Caulker.

I would suggest Bannister Island. If you find the right excursion, they have a tender that picks you up right at the ship and brings you back there from what I understand. It's not super crowded, but there isn't a "resort" exactly. But a very remote island, not alot of people, and wonderful beaches.

Just a suggestion.

Archived