Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

Some hours ago Norwegian Breakaway started the Ems conveyance. In the beginning it was cloudy but at the right time bright sunshine makes it a perfect start I just postet 55 photo for you in my gallery. Enjoy!

http://www.depping-design.de/test/index.php

Andreas

Andreas, Thank you again for such vivid, detailed photos. Just beautiful!

On a side note...did you win the facebook contest? I thought it said you did! And it would be very well deserved. This thread has added so many pages of comments today, I'm not sure if the contest results were posted here or not.

Andreas, Thank you again for such vivid, detailed photos. Just beautiful!

On a side note...did you win the facebook contest? I thought it said you did! And it would be very well deserved. This thread has added so many pages of comments today, I'm not sure if the contest results were posted here or not.

I think he did win. On his page he thanked people who voted for him and then said he got it.

I think he did win. On his page he thanked people who voted for him and then said he got it.

So then remind me, what was the deal with the contest? When is he now going to be on board to take photos?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Just saw the press release by Meyer Werft:

The Norwegian Breakaway has safely arrived at Eemshaven by 8 am (German time).

For the first time they tried out a fixed connection between the tugs and the ship. You might have seen that platform type thing on the bow between the Breakaway and the tug. It worked out as planned and the maneuverabilty was better.

Already mentioned on here are the new fenders used at the dock locks. On the photos you can see orange foam type stuff on both sides of the lock. Those are newly designed rolling fenders. The Norwegian Breakaway "bumped" into them with the starboard side - on purpose. And they did their job. Those new fenders allows Meyer to lock through even wider ships than the Norwegian Breakaway (and they are soon to come with the Quantum of the Seas). The lock is 40 m wide.

steamboats

For the first time they tried out a fixed connection between the tugs and the ship. You might have seen that platform type thing on the bow between the Breakaway and the tug. It worked out as planned and the maneuverabilty was better.

steamboats

This thing at the bow...

rejapyna.jpg

I saw that on the close up shots during the live feed and wondered what it was. I did realize it was a never before used feature, and only assumed it had to do with maintaining maneuverability of the ship during the conveyance. Your post confirms it.

And today is sort of anti-climatic when compared to all the excitement of yesterday. Now I guess it's back to being bored. We can't even see the ship anymore on a webcam. :(

This thing at the bow...

rejapyna.jpg

I saw that on the close up shots during the live feed and wondered what it was. I did realize it was a never before used feature, and only assumed it had to do with maintaining maneuverability of the ship during the conveyance. Your post confirms it.

And today is sort of anti-climatic when compared to all the excitement of yesterday. Now I guess it's back to being bored. We can't even see the ship anymore on a webcam. :(

Good morning Dave. Thank you for all your help. First time I watched a conveyance and all I can say it was amazing. I made it to the night shots - thank you Curtis.

Searched for a webcam this morning and you answered my question - no webcams. So now I am watching the little blue triangle entering Eemshaven on the AIS map.

Thanks all for the pics and info.

Good morning Dave. Thank you for all your help. First time I watched a conveyance and all I can say it was amazing. I made it to the night shots - thank you Curtis.

Searched for a webcam this morning and you answered my question - no webcams. So now I am watching the little blue triangle entering Eemshaven on the AIS map.

Thanks all for the pics and info.

After all the talent on this thread, best I can do is a thumbnail.

720320598_BreakawayConveyance27a.jpg.a9180bce6deb90dc2c4292f8e5eb8c4d.jpg

Hey! Good Morning all!!!! Yesterday was a blast getting to see the Breakaway heading down river. It made me even more excited if that is even possible. I do need a quick confirmation about the ship. There is NOT a bowling alley on the ship right? I scoured the deck plans and didn't see one.

Hey Folks,

maybe this site could be interesting for you!

http://www.cruisetricks.de/norwegian-breakaway-erste-eindruecke-und-bilder/

on this german page you could see some pics of the inside of the brand new breakaway ;) Also a few statements to these ship areas, maybe you have to use google translation...

Hope could help you with this link, i will be on the breakaway from Rotterdam to Southhampton 28th April to 29th.

Greetings from Germany

Rene

thanks! Great pictures, this ship is looking AWESOME!!

Hey! Good Morning all!!!! Yesterday was a blast getting to see the Breakaway heading down river. It made me even more excited if that is even possible. I do need a quick confirmation about the ship. There is NOT a bowling alley on the ship right? I scoured the deck plans and didn't see one.
Not that I am aware of Jenni.

Another YouTube video. Not sure if it has been posted or not already.

When they first announced the Breakaway they said there would be mini bowling lanes but not a word since then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

It was said somewhere else it might be pages back, but apparently there is one.

It was said somewhere else it might be pages back, but apparently there is one.

On the brochure deck plans it showed a mini bowling lane in O'Sheehans.

It was in the rectangle bit behind the lifts in O'Sheehans Starboard side http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/decks/2/7#tab_detail which shows blank

On the brochure deck plans it showed a mini bowling lane in O'Sheehans.

It was in the rectangle bit behind the lifts in O'Sheehans Starboard side http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/breakaway/decks/2/7#tab_detail which shows blank

There we go, thank you :)

I know this is the Breakaway thread, but I just wanted to share something about the Getaway. I founf a little deference with the two ships. The Getaway seems to have glass covering the top of the water slides. It was not on the Breakaway renderings, I wonder if it will be added to the breakaway as well...

19461_FB_Getaway_Slides2.jpg

ncl_Brkwy_Aqua_Park_Slides.jpg

Edit, it appears that they did already, but maybe not as high?

Norwegian_Breakaway_4792.jpg

There we go, thank you :)

I know this is the Breakaway thread, but I just wanted to share something about the Getaway. I founf a little deference with the two ships. The Getaway seems to have glass covering the top of the water slides. It was not on the Breakaway renderings, I wonder if it will be added to the breakaway as well...

19461_FB_Getaway_Slides2.jpg

Edit, it appears that they did already, but maybe not as high?

displayimage.php?album=284&pid=9248#top_display_media

I was wondering about that as it gets very windy on the upper decks

Thanks everybody for the help with the bowling info! Man, I am so excited to see peoples first hand pics of the inside of the ship in all it's shiny glory! Daydreaming about this vacation makes the day go so much faster....

I would have liked to see the bowling lanes again, we did that alot on the Pearl, though my husband and I are avid bowlers. It was actually just more fun because of no oil on the lanes, slight movement of the ship. Scores were awful but we had a great time.

They had however one lane broken, though my husband being a Brunswick mechanic for over 35 years could have had their problem figured out and up an running again within 15 minutes. I don't think their staff is trained enough to really know all the different parts and pieces on those machines. Which could be why they didn't put them on ships again.

Though I keep telling my husband he should apply with them to come and work on the ships periodically to keep the machines running as well as they should.

The Route 66 is a smaller version of bowling that many more bars, pubs are offering - so maybe they will still install one of those????

I was wondering about that as it gets very windy on the upper decks

I'm glad they did this as well. Even more excited about the slides.

I would have liked to see the bowling lanes again, we did that alot on the Pearl, though my husband and I are avid bowlers. It was actually just more fun because of no oil on the lanes, slight movement of the ship. Scores were awful but we had a great time.

They had however one lane broken, though my husband being a Brunswick mechanic for over 35 years could have had their problem figured out and up an running again within 15 minutes. I don't think their staff is trained enough to really know all the different parts and pieces on those machines. Which could be why they didn't put them on ships again.

Though I keep telling my husband he should apply with them to come and work on the ships periodically to keep the machines running as well as they should.

The Route 66 is a smaller version of bowling that many more bars, pubs are offering - so maybe they will still install one of those????

DH is a bowling alley baby. One of the cons he had about switching from Epic to Breakaway was the bowling alley situation. I guess we'll have to wait for the pics to come out before we'll know for sure what kinds of lanes they are.

Archived