Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

i posted them some how above your question :o

Yes, I see them. If you want them to be any larger, you need to upload them first to an external photo-hosting site, like Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket etc. and then post a link to that site

We were lucky twice with a beautiful sailaway from New York

Oct 28, 2007

NCL%2520Dawn%2520281007%2520%25200049.JPG

Nov 1, 2009

NCL%2520Dawn%2520011109%2520Pano%25204.JPG

(more photos of this here )

Great shots, thanks!

One other NCL tradition on sailaways from New York....on nice days, when they have the sailaway party around the pool, as the ship passes the Statue, they will play Lee Greeenwoods's "God Bless the USA".

Very stirring....

Great shots, thanks!

One other NCL tradition on sailaways from New York....on nice days, when they have the sailaway party around the pool, as the ship passes the Statue, they will play Lee Greeenwoods's "God Bless the USA".

Very stirring....

Happy to share this fantastic experience :)

Looks like the crew are testing "the plank"

(from an article in the German "Nordsee-Zeitung" http://www.nordsee-zeitung.de/region/bremerhaven_artikel,-Ein-Warenlager-fuer-ein-Schiff-_arid,903034.html )

698869_0_articleorg_380_008_9439344_150nclplan.jpg

woooow they have you attached to the 'crane' ....so basically, if im walking the 'plank' and i "loose my balance", and 'fall off'...i will be hanging mid air off the side of the ship??...over the the middle of the atlantic??.......oh i see...hmmmmm ...niiiice...

unless it designed thus so you cant fall off...its hard to tell?? because you either have to do a 180 degree turn to get back or walk it backwards...either way...tiffy will tip over!!!lol

either someone must report their "plank" experience:D

woooow they have you attached to the 'crane' ....so basically, if im walking the 'plank' and i "loose my balance", and 'fall off'...i will be hanging mid air off the side of the ship??...over the the middle of the atlantic??.......oh i see...hmmmmm ...niiiice...

unless it designed thus so you cant fall off...its hard to tell?? because you either have to do a 180 degree turn to get back or walk it backwards...either way...tiffy will tip over!!!lol

either someone must report their "plank" experience:D

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a stupid idea and I can't imagine the NCL Corporate geeks approving this. :rolleyes: Let Carnival do it.

We were lucky twice with a beautiful sailaway from New York

Oct 28, 2007

NCL%2520Dawn%2520281007%2520%25200049.JPG

Nov 1, 2009

NCL%2520Dawn%2520011109%2520Pano%25204.JPG

(more photos of this here )

You can see my water-side building (work) in the top picture. If I can get any good pictures of her while she's coming in or out of port, I'll definitely post. Unfortunately work itself often takes me away from my window, so it will be a matter of good or bad luck those days!

Looks like the crew are testing "the plank"

(from an article in the German "Nordsee-Zeitung" http://www.nordsee-zeitung.de/region/bremerhaven_artikel,-Ein-Warenlager-fuer-ein-Schiff-_arid,903034.html )

698869_0_articleorg_380_008_9439344_150nclplan.jpg

comes with a story, this is Google's translation from German:

A warehouse for a ship

About seaports. At the Columbus a huge warehouse is created - from the spare parts for the machine is the fact of oil paintings for a salon to office chair for the hotel manager to the sun deck lounge chair for the "Norwegian Breakaway". Give a ship on the once 5,600 people will live is a logistical challenge. By Thorsten Brockmann

4000 is stored on palettes, which has on board. The crates are stacked in the hall at the end of the quay, and once everything is torn apart: "We put the pallets on land re-sort everything before," said a shipping agent Thorsten Schulz HC Roever, because on board it would be far too narrow, to distribute everything. Since December had been a small "store" was delivered on the quay, and still come every day new container.

Is sorted by deck, bow, amidships and aft. Just trundles along a trailer with 80 office chairs pre ship, a few meters further unpack the conditions for a few thousand deck chairs from containers, another container is full of TVs, mattresses stacked in the camp. Five cranes lift constantly crates on board. Especially on the hook: Dishes and cutlery for the "Manhattan Room," a restaurant on deck 8

Until Sunday all balcony furniture on board should be, then the artifacts are distributed on the vessel, and at the very end, one day before the departure will put the bulky trolleys for passenger baggage onto the "Norwegian Breakaway" next Wednesday.

There is a frenzy of activity on board. Are still up to 1200 shipyard workers and suppliers on the ship, but since Monday, the first sites to be dismantled and removed large areas in operation - laying carpet, cleaning, paint over here and there again. "At the end of the week the majority is ready," says Schulz.

1500 crew members

The 1500 crew members have been working on. At the top, on Deck 18, practice a handful of colleagues to climb the ropes course. Everybody should see beyond the "plank", a type of board that extends almost three feet over the side of the ship. A few decks below stewards clean window and the bottom of the hull, the cold rooms are equipped: Nine trucks have brought supplies - much of it frozen directly from the U.S..

On board for days, the U.S. Coast Guard to remove rescue exercises. Times a power failure is played, then a fire alarm. On Friday is an exercise in the lifeboats.

But tonight is to be celebrated. "Shock the Dock" is a party series that hosts an Austrian energy drink manufacturer in the world in the ports where the crew have to get started violently. Bremerhaven is a classical festivals in Singapore, Hong Kong, Genoa or Freeport in the Bahamas. The Mediterraneo Shopping Centre is prepared for 21.30 clock to the disco for 1600 guests, live music and show appearances included. The organizer expects that there will be full, because so far the crew had not so much time to go into town. Four times a week in the evening commute buses between the ship and the city, but most passengers already get the 24-hour supermarket on Red sand.

Read on Friday

The crew dances - such as a shopping center to the disco for 1600 people will.

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a stupid idea and I can't imagine the NCL Corporate geeks approving this. :rolleyes: Let Carnival do it.

"Stupid idea" or not, seems to be the direction some cruise lines are headed.

28mkard.jpg

Archived