Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

[quote name='micm']Yes that is seperated from the Haven part. The plexiglass to the right is only to prevent strong winds, no barrier for entry. If you do not want to be in the action of the pool deck probably the best free place to be. But I believe apart from days in port hard to get a place and I doubt NCL will have permanent staff there to prevent chair and hammock hogging.

Another rather unfortunate point is that I normally love this location for sailaway or general sea watching. That works not really great now as you would have to walk in front of those clamshells.[/QUOTE]

A plus is that is still quite a walk towards the 17th forward sundeck. One will have to pass a lot of loungers, pass the Sundeck bar at Vibe's entrance and a first set of three hammocks (only 1 installed on the 1nighter) midway during the walk and than pass the wind barrier before getting there. So perhaps, just a wishfull thought, this may be a secret spot but less than Epic's ones.

There is also a free clamshell at Spice H20 near the waterfall (or even two, can't remember correctly).

Main pooldeck has padded beds in a what seems a smoking area; glassed off booth with 6 or 8 luxury beds and ashtrays.

Also a good spot for shade-lovers is deck 16, in front of the Video Arcade. There are a few seats (similar to those from Vibe/Posh) under the deck 17 start of the ropecourse. Right where the jogging track makes a turn. HC restrooms nearby, Uptown grill around the corner. Uptown also was completely covered btw.

Impressive gallery. Thanks for sharing, especially the well sorted cabin pictures.

Thanks! I´m the spell check reader and already told him to correct some typos :D. But that happens when you try to get it online as fast as possible.

steamboats

This would be great!!! I'm imagining seeing all those things, in that picture that was posted, looking directly down. Everyone on the decks above would be SOOO jealous! Lol

I had a great picture of it all in my mind too but,sadly, I am incapable of drawing or photoshopping ;)

I was thinking about that picture that was posted, looking down, with all the other M6 balconies shown in black and white or pale colors, having nobody on them, or just a few people, sitting in those little chairs in the corner and frowning, or sitting on the floor and rubbing their sore backs......... and then, right in the middle, Joeski's balcony, with happy people and bright colors and furniture and exuberant palm trees growing right up over the balcony walls.

It would make a fine New Yorker Magazine cover :D

Here we go, The Plank (photos and two videos). Videos are made with a GoPro camera mounted to the head. They are partly time lapse. So don´t get confused when it starts out pretty fast :D.

shoreless,

The Epic has those larger balconies too. On a sea day I looked down and saw a lady sunbathing - topless :D:eek::D (and lets say she neither had the size nor the age of a model). Obviously she wasn´t aware that everyone can see her from above :rolleyes:.

steamboats

Here we go, The Plank (photos and two videos). Videos are made with a GoPro camera mounted to the head. They are partly time lapse. So don´t get confused when it starts out pretty fast :D.

Great photos, thanks for getting all of those online so quickly.

I doubt I'll ever "walk the plank" -- I'll just stick with the video! Nice view from up there, though.

shoreless,

The Epic has those larger balconies too. On a sea day I looked down and saw a lady sunbathing - topless :D:eek::D (and lets say she neither had the size nor the age of a model). Obviously she wasn´t aware that everyone can see her from above :rolleyes:.

steamboats

I will definitely bear that in mind; the less said about my age and size the better :p

That video of the plank was awesome -- I got vertigo just from looking at it. I wonder how they rescue people that get to the end and then freeze in terror :eek:

Thanks for posting all those cabin pictures.

I don't know if mini suites are getting smaller, or the furniture is getting bigger. I was just looking through some pictures of mini suites we had on the Star and Dawn -- they had a smallish square table against the wall with a couple of straight chairs so you could eat or work at the table, and there was also a coffee table in front of the sofa; it was a little crowded, but handy. The new bathrooms with showers look great though.

DH has finally managed to get his photos online. So here you find the complete gallery. Those interested in cabin photos look here and The Haven can be found here. Videos are to follow (especially walking The Plank :D). So are interactive panorama photos.

steamboats

Wonderful photos. Thank you so much!!!

The plank is very interesting and exciting concept. But as for me, oh hells no. I can see how that could be a very good punishment for a bad shipmate. New rule: people who hold chairs unused for over an hour have to walk the plank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Robin

Just a thought. I know they coat the glass in the haven with a tint which I think blocks UV"s. I am not sure if you can still get sunburned through the glass but I don't think so.

My wife is very fair skinned too and stays out of the sun. I remember her sitting under the glass on the gem and being ok.

Gambee

I know the hot tubs in vibe have a roof on them for shade.

Some initial thoughts.

Waterfront is a little narrow in places but still very nice.

On deck 7 towards the front there is an open walkway which is largely unobstructed and very wide. Could be an excellent place for viewing.

O'sheehans and Atrium look good. Just going to get my lunch there.

Hey maybe even an inflatable kiddy pool too, and some strings tropical LED patio lights. Get a big party going on out there! Probably have a cover charge for guests, do a DJ thing with an iPod dock. Man, forget Haven and Bliss...my balcony will be the most exclusive hotspot on board Breakaway! lol :cool::cool:

Heck yeah!!!

Inflatable things would be so cool (since they're so portable) and you shoud definitely do it! Even if is just for one picture! You'd be famous with all the people above taking pictures!! Lol

I don't know about you guys but I wish some of these bathrooms were in my house! Loving the backsplash and glass, just everything! :D

Me too! I keep looking at pics and have to remind myself that it'll only be 7 nights! At least I can dream about it for 520 nights until then! Lol:cool:

The plank is very interesting and exciting concept. But as for me, oh hells no. I can see how that could be a very good punishment for a bad shipmate. New rule: people who hold chairs unused for over an hour have to walk the plank.

....without a harness. LMAO!!

I can't wait to do it!!!

shoreless,

It was my impression too that the Family Mini Suite my DH has stayed in didn´t look much larger than a regular balcony cabin - except for the bathroom with tub and double sink.

BTW those who dare to walk The Plank: Notice the white spot near the end of the plank. When you step on it a photo is taken automatically (o.k., you´re of course not forced to buy it).

I think I would do The Plank and the rope thing. But due to my torn disk in my neck the slides are off limits for me. I´ve done the Epic Plunge. But DH said The Whip is even harder than the free fall slide. BTW DH is one of those two guys on the photo made by Andreas.

steamboats

Beautiful! It is a bit small for an OS, still toying with upgrading so we'll have space for 7 to hang out, but not sure. I love the decor :)

Thanks so much for posting!

I agree. The suite is beautiful like a very high end hotel. Rather small for a OS though.

Yes that is seperated from the Haven part. The plexiglass to the right is only to prevent strong winds, no barrier for entry. If you do not want to be in the action of the pool deck probably the best free place to be. But I believe apart from days in port hard to get a place and I doubt NCL will have permanent staff there to prevent chair and hammock hogging.

Another rather unfortunate point is that I normally love this location for sailaway or general sea watching. That works not really great now as you would have to walk in front of those clamshells.

It was my favorite area to hang out late at night on the Gem. Just lay out there watching darkness and taking in the cool med. breezes.. They do take up the pads at that time though. We weren't the only ones up there late at night.

steamboats

It was my on to do list..but daaayuum.. I may need to rethink the plank!! LOL..but if i buy the drink package and i have a few vodka martini's in me...i become wonder woman..and who knows:rolleyes::D:p

shoreless,

steamboats

Brilliant! Thank you. I really want to do this, but not sure about doing the whole ropes course. Can a non athletic middle age woman do it?

Archived