Everything Breakaway!(LIVE on 4/28)

loungerz

:D. You crack me up. I would have booked the S6 if one had been available, even with three of us. But hey, I get what I get when I book late, and I'm happy I finally got the S4! I am so looking forward to this sailing!

Robin

The fact the S4 is in the haven area is totally worth it. I had an OS and a s4 on the gem and much preferred the s4 for its location to the haven.

Want to swap cabins :D

I noticed that too. I forget, is the cabin size the same? If it is, how can they call them "Large Balcony" and get away with it? Ps - I think it's the roof of the Wayerfront right outside the deck 9 cabins, the lifeboats are farther down..

Rbin

You're right! I'm getting my photos confused. I just remembered thinking "I wouldn't want to be on 9 & I hope I don't look down on that since I'm on 10."

I wonder if the numbers are off on that website because the cabin was also the same size.

I really liked the cannoli! It's different from sweets I usually eat. I'm a chocoholic.

I didn't notice the cake price but cookies were $19.95 a pound, the cannoli was I think $3 and the lobster tail was $3.50.

Great, thanks for the scoop! I love cannoli, I can do without the shell, I love the stuff in the middle!!

I love your avatar, my husband would love to have an old english sheepdog :)

The fact the S4 is in the haven area is totally worth it. I had an OS and a s4 on the gem and much preferred the s4 for its location to the haven.

Want to swap cabins :D

Hehehe I think I would swap for the S6 - Im all about the cabin (love the Jewel class OS over the Haven cabins, but thats because we hardly ever use Jewel class Havens). That's another thing about the Breakaway - the Haven is actually one deck up from half the "Haven" cabins. They were charging a premium for the Haven Penthouse over the Spa suite on many sailings, because of "Haven location" but really what's the difference If its one deck or three if its not in the Haven? From what I heard, there is no key card access for deck 15 (as the spa is there).

Either way, I am very happy with the S4, LOVE the bathroom (shower!), plenty of room for three of us to spread out and a nice dining table. I will be fine with the balcony, since I only use it to smoke, but the S6 balcony would save me $300 in cabana rental for hubby and daughter... I am looking at some upcoming sailings, and it will be all S6 in the future.. But shhhh, we should keep these little gems to ourselves ;).

Robin

Hehehe I think I would swap for the S6 - Im all about the cabin (love the Jewel class OS over the Haven cabins, but thats because we hardly ever use Jewel class Havens). That's another thing about the Breakaway - the Haven is actually one deck up from half the "Haven" cabins. They were charging a premium for the Haven Penthouse over the Spa suite on many sailings, because of "Haven location" but really what's the difference If its one deck or three if its not in the Haven? From what I heard, there is no key card access for deck 15 (as the spa is there).

Either way, I am very happy with the S4, LOVE the bathroom (shower!), plenty of room for three of us to spread out and a nice dining table. I will be fine with the balcony, since I only use it to smoke, but the S6 balcony would save me $300 in cabana rental for hubby and daughter... I am looking at some upcoming sailings, and it will be all S6 in the future.. But shhhh, we should keep these little gems to ourselves ;).

Robin

Its a pity we cant swap i totally would :p

Just wondering as I am thinking about a cabana what is your think behind booking it.

Have you read anything about smoking around the haven area. I smoke

Of course the ship was the star at the inaugural voyage, but it's worth nothing without all the people working for the passengers. And all of them are very friendly and give a perfect smile :-) . It's proved by the photos in this album. Thank you to all of them!

http://www.depping-design.de/test/thumbnails.php?album=296

I LOVE this album - I love the crew on NCL - looking forward to seeing a few people I know onboard. What a nice tribute Andreas! And I was SO excited to see the cosmetics I use are sold onboard! They weren't on Epic, so I can't wait to compare prices :)

We were only able to book 2 in 12910, my parent's HC cabin. We booked 3 people next door in 12908.

Thank you! We debated doing that as well, but I really don't want to have 1 kid with us and 1 with her, more because they'd fight over who gets to sleep where. LOL! And we wanted aft so we'll stick with the ones on 11. I wish the HC fit 3 because that bathroom setup is so much better for her - it was a little tough on Epic. But thanks!!

You have to go into a category of stateroom, actually select a stateroom, & say expand details. I was able to find my specific room so saw not only size, but location of bed:

Breakaway 10222 Mid-Ship Balcony 10 Standard Capacity - 3 ,

Cabin Includes Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Port Side ,

Telephone , Mini Bar , Cabin Square Footage (172) , Sitting

Area , Pier Midship , Internet Access , Desk , Tea And

Coffee Maker , Shower , Bed Near Balcony Door , Floor To

Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Hair Dryer , Safety Deposit Box

, Convertible Lower Beds (2) , Private Balcony , Balcony

Square Footage (32) , Refrigerator , Television , Convertible

Single Sofa Bed , Total Square Footage (204) , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Midship Section , Sprinklers

This is a BB (standard balcony) correct?? This is confusing...the square footage here is 172 but the other post here for the mini-suite says square footage is 154. How is a mini-suite smaller than a standard balcony??:confused:

Could someone find out the names of the people in the Art Gallery? I am an avid art collector and like to know who the auctioneer and representatives are on board. I will of course meet them before we eve set sail; no doubt, but hate to wait til June!

Thank you!

Park West Gallery's

And I thought a "large balcony" room would have a larger balcony! Silly me! The B6 is the same size as my measly BB AND its on deck 9 which had the lifeboats right outside the balcony. Guess I won't be changing rooms after all!

I think the B6 balconies are larger. I am booked on deck 10 aft category BD. I decided not to change to B6 since we would be overlooking M6 balcony. I am concerned about the roof from the Waterfront but my room is after the lifeboats.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=284&pid=9228#top_display_media

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

You need to keep going deeper. Pick your category (see top for different types) and pick VIEW DETAILS. Then pick a stateroom and EXPAND STATEROOM DETAILS. there is the information you seek..

Robin

Yup I got it now, thanks. And thanks to shaun for posting the actual info I was looking for :D I know I had found it a couple months ago but just couldn't figure it out this time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yup I got it now, thanks. And thanks to shaun for posting the actual info I was looking for :D I know I had found it a couple months ago but just couldn't figure it out this time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OT but... LOL at your Avatar (I recall that skit).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is a BB (standard balcony) correct?? This is confusing...the square footage here is 172 but the other post here for the mini-suite says square footage is 154. How is a mini-suite smaller than a standard balcony??:confused:

A BB Balcony:

Breakaway 8766 Mid-Ship Balcony 8 Standard Capacity - 3 ,

Cabin Includes Bed Near Entrance , Total Square Footage (204) ,

Sitting Area , Pier Forward , Tea And Coffee Maker , Shower

, Starboard Side , Television , Internet Access , Safety

Deposit Box , Sprinklers , Foldable Sleeper/Playpen , Hair

Dryer , Telephone , Convertible Lower Beds (2) , Mini Bar ,

Cabin Square Footage (172) , Desk , Forward Section , Private

Balcony , Balcony Square Footage (32) , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Refrigerator , Convertible Single Sofa Bed ,

Starboard Side , Floor To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors

An MB Mini Suite:

Breakaway 9804 Mid-Ship Mini-Suite With Balcony 9 Standard

Capacity - 4 , Cabin Includes Pullman Bed , Hair Dryer ,

Private Balcony , Total Square Footage (236) , Desk , Floor

To Ceiling Sliding Glass Doors , Shower , Television , Bed

Near Entrance , Sitting Area , Pier Midship , Foldable

Sleeper/Playpen , Starboard Side , Sprinklers , Convertible

Single Sofa Bed , Telephone , Balcony Square Footage (32) ,

Mini Bar , Midship Section , Internet Access , Cabin Square

Footage (204) , Convertible Lower Beds (2) , Clothes Line In

Bathroom , Safety Deposit Box , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Refrigerator

Balconies are the same size, Mini suite cabin is larger.

Thanks for the great pictures! :)

Robin

I think the B6 balconies are larger. I am booked on deck 10 aft category BD. I decided not to change to B6 since we would be overlooking M6 balcony. I am concerned about the roof from the Waterfront but my room is after the lifeboats.

http://www.depping-design.de/test/displayimage.php?album=284&pid=9228#top_display_media

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I believe you are correct, and I think we found our first error on the EU site. This is under "Large Balcony B6", on the "front hump", but says "Family Balcony", is wrong color, and only shows balcony size of 32 sf which we know is incorrect:

Breakaway 9714 Family Balcony 9 Standard Capacity - 3 ,

Cabin Includes Shower , Sitting Area , Floor To Ceiling

Sliding Glass Doors , Hair Dryer , Bed Near Balcony Door ,

Balcony Square Footage (32) , Pier Forward , Convertible Lower

Beds (2) , Refrigerator , Mini Bar , Cabin Square Footage

(172) , Clothes Line In Bathroom , Tea And Coffee Maker ,

Telephone , Television , Private Balcony , Forward Section ,

Convertible Single Sofa Bed , Starboard Side , Total Square

Footage (204) , Desk , Starboard Side , Foldable

Sleeper/Playpen , Safety Deposit Box , Internet Access ,

Sprinklers

Robin