Cruise Directors Question

crusingdave

We have never cruised HAL and our favorite cruise director from another cruise is now employed by HAL. Will Holland America tell me their schedule?

I don't think so - but if you ask Copper - he might know:confused:

why not start a thread with your cruise director's name asking if anyone knows what his schedule is?

Copper John is a poster here on CC who is a Security Officer on HAL ships. He somestimes generously tells us who various Officers are on a specific ship, if asked.

What is the name of your favorite CD?

Maybe one of us has sailed with him recently and know what ship he is on.

It is highly unlikely HAL would give you that information.

We have never cruised HAL and our favorite cruise director from another cruise is now employed by HAL. Will Holland America tell me their schedule?

Is that Kieran? Someone mentioned him the other day on here but I can't remember which ship it was on. He's a great CD.

Is that Kieran? Someone mentioned him the other day on here but I can't remember which ship it was on. He's a great CD.

Yes it is Kieron Buffery - he is on the Zuiderdam until 10/19, we have committments that we cannot make it. I don't know if they schedule ahead. We have done many cruises and he is awesome. We want to schedule a cruise after that with him. This will give a reason to try HAL.

CD's are the most annoying people on the ship...

LOL. i don't know if i entirely agree with that, but they do seem to like the sound of their voice coming out of the PA system. i've never really had one make a positive impact on any of my cruises. to me, the head chef is a much more important person.

CD's are the most annoying people on the ship...

Some certainly are, but not all. And the CD in this case is probably the best in the business and certainly the best we have had on any cruise. So I'm very happy he has come over to HAL:) And FYI - he makes few public announcements!

Some certainly are, but not all. And the CD in this case is probably the best in the business and certainly the best we have had on any cruise. So I'm very happy he has come over to HAL:) And FYI - he makes few public announcements!

I'm curious......

What makes Him so much better than the rest? :confused:

I'm curious......

We have cruised over 60 cruises, he is an excellent singer, entertainer, and very personable. He has many years experience. He have been talking to him and people have come to him and said he is the best cruise director they ever had.

I'm curious......

Extremely personable. Never obtrusive. Few PA announcements. Imaginative and inventive with the entertainment and activities offered. Has a very happy and involved entertainment staff. Always around the ship and approachable.

We have cruised over 60 cruises, he is an excellent singer, entertainer, and very personable. He has many years experience. He have been talking to him and people have come to him and said he is the best cruise director they ever had.

Extremely personable. Never obtrusive. Few PA announcements. Imaginative and inventive with the entertainment and activities offered. Has a very happy and involved entertainment staff. Always around the ship and approachable.

can he arrange to have a cup of bouillon delivered to me while i relax in my deck chair? that would be an excellent CD.

Thanks.

We, too, have a great many cruises and other than socially and enjoying chatting with CD's, we have very little interaction with them in terms of the entertainment/shows etc

We almost never go to games/shows/activities CD would be organizing so I wondered why this fellow is 'better than the rest'. :)

Thanks.

We, too, have a great many cruises and other than socially and enjoying chatting with CD's, we have very little interaction with them in terms of the entertainment/shows etc

We almost never go to games/shows/activities CD would be organizing so I wondered why this fellow is 'better than the rest'. :)

same here. there is one on carnival that everyone RAVES about. i can't stand him.

can he arrange to have a cup of bouillon delivered to me while i relax in my deck chair? that would be an excellent CD.

I’m afraid that a CD is a (usually quite experienced and talented) entertainment professional.

He (or she) is not a waiter.

Scott & Karen

The last 3 or 4 years we have had so many different cruise directors on various ships -- all new to HAL.

When this happens you really never get to know them.

On our Amsterdam cruise we never saw the CD until the day of the Mariner's lunch -- 2 days before the end of the cruise (out of 14).

Good morning,

We had Michael Harvey as our CD on the Amsterdam 7/27-8/10. We saw him almost daily. He wasn't too bad on the PA - maybe once or twice a day at most. He came to our Meet and Greet and stayed for quite a long time. He arranged for a ship's photographer for our Cruise Critic photo op on the last formal night and he was on the gangway at port disembarkations. His office was on deck 3 at the atrium and his door was always open. I actually felt like I saw more of Michael than I had of other Cruise Directors on our previous cruises and I can still remember his name - which I can't do with the others!

Karen

Archived