Evening meal times.

HappyChappy

Hi all

Quick question about the evening meal times.

We are booked on the Splendour next June and have the 8-15 meal time.

I was wondering that as we have the weeman with us (9) would we have been better booking the earlier time.

Thinking about getting him fed and leaving him plenty of time to play with the new friends he will no doubt make.

also in our thoughts is the onboard activities like evening shows and comedians and what not.

Would the 6-15 meal time be better and allow us more time in the evenings to enjoy the onboard entertainment.

Whaty yer thoughts.

It all depends on your child. If he is used to eating at that time then that will be normal for him and he should have no problem. I know after a busy day, I could never keep my son up to sit through a dinner starting at 8:15 so I always went with 6pm. Plus this way after dinner I would drop him off in the camp and go on the to shows and pick him up later.

Hi all

I was wondering that as we have the weeman with us (9) would we have been better booking the earlier time.

Thinking about getting him fed and leaving him plenty of time to play with the new friends he will no doubt make.

also in our thoughts is the onboard activities like evening shows and comedians and what not.

Would the 6-15 meal time be better and allow us more time in the evenings to enjoy the onboard entertainment.

Whaty yer thoughts.

I would defo have gone with the 6pm for him HappyChappy. Great to see a fellow countryman on the site......I'm from East Kilbride originally and my family are still there, but I live in North Carolina now.

My daughter is one who can last into the night when we are home. If we are all hanging out, etc, she is wide awake at midnight, can hold out till 10pm for dinner, etc.

BUT on a cruise, the days are so long & busy (if something's happening, she "HAS" to be there), that the first time we did late dining with her, it was no fun. She was tired, and didn't have it in her to keep a smile through the whole dinner.

The next time we did early dining, and everyone was happy. She'd finish dinner, I'd run her to camp carnival for whatever was going on, then come back and have my dessert.

Hi all

Whaty yer thoughts.

I am in the minority. I say keep the late dining time. We have seen many kids eating at 8:15, ours included.

The main reason we book late dining is so that we don't have to rush from our ports. It really is no fun running back to the ship earlier than necessary, especially if we are really enjoying ourselves. That happened the one cruise we had early seating.

We also didn't care for Anytime Dining the one cruise we tried it. We didn't feel like we developed a relationship with the dining staff. We also like to talk with people at our table, but it was difficult starting every night with, "Where are you from?" "What did you do today?", etc.

If you are worried about your boy being hungry, let him snack. (Like he won't all day anyway. :D) There will be lots of evening entertainment choices no matter what time you dine. There are two main shows, so people can see the one that best suits their dining times.

Enjoy.

I would defo have gone with the 6pm for him HappyChappy. Great to see a fellow countryman on the site......I'm from East Kilbride originally and my family are still there, but I live in North Carolina now.

Sunny Greenock here.

Do they do deep fried Mars Bars or square sausage or even Scotch Pies on a Carnival cruise.

I was amazed to see Scotch pies on the Celebrity Eclipse.

and they were top drawer pies.

Sunny Greenock here.

Do they do deep fried Mars Bars or square sausage or even Scotch Pies on a Carnival cruise.

I was amazed to see Scotch pies on the Celebrity Eclipse.

and they were top drawer pies.

This is my first cruise ever, lol, sailing on the Fascination on Sept 1st. Not a fan of the deep fried Mars Bars but the square sausage and the scotch pies sound so yummy!!! I do miss my good old scottish food! I'll keep an eye out when I sail and let you know.

This is my first cruise ever, lol, sailing on the Fascination on Sept 1st. Not a fan of the deep fried Mars Bars but the square sausage and the scotch pies sound so yummy!!! I do miss my good old scottish food! I'll keep an eye out when I sail and let you know.

Aye do that please.

I am sure you will love it.

I/we loved our one and only cruise on the Celebrity Eclipse.

I am aware this will be a bit different being more family oriented but I reckon it will be brilliant. I have never tasted a deep fried Mars Bar and would love to someday but square sausage, pies and even tottie scones.

Imagine waking up in the Caribbean and heading for a breakfast with slice and tottie scones.

A full traditional Scottish breakfast.

Now that would be something.

I like the idea of having table mates where you can build up a friendship.

I think that anytime dining would either be ourselves or different folk every night.

I'd say switch to any time dining. If you go by 6:30 you probably won't have a wait at all. We've had great service and experiences with it and wouldn't go back to a set dining time.

Read OP's statement in quotes above.

Hi HappyChappy!

I saw your post on our Splendor Roll Call!

We have a very large group (wedding) But we chose early dining because we have a couple of munchkins with us as well.. (the boy is 10, maybe he'll befriend your tornado :) The girl is 6) they're my niece and nephew. My sister wanted early dining so they had time to do fun stuff AFTER dinner before crashing :)

Hi HappyChappy!

I saw your post on our Splendor Roll Call!

We have a very large group (wedding) But we chose early dining because we have a couple of munchkins with us as well.. (the boy is 10, maybe he'll befriend your tornado :) The girl is 6) they're my niece and nephew. My sister wanted early dining so they had time to do fun stuff AFTER dinner before crashing :)

Hi Alison.

Talking to The lovely wife about it and we have both came to the conclusion you (and many others) are correct.

We will make the change to the 6.30 dining to allow him to wreck the ship after his tea. (in Scotland we call our evening meal our tea)

I certainly hope the kids become friends. Maybe we can meet up at the sailaway and introduce them. Stuart tends to make friends easily. He is a very outgoing wee lad and full of fun.

Archived