Formal Night on Short Cruise

jo-b

We are booked on a 2 night cruise from Amsterdam To Southampton on Connie.

A poster on our roll call said their TA had said there was to be a formal night. :eek:

I was so surprised when our edocs came and confirmed only the Celebrity policy re number of formal nights; which commenced at 3-5 night cruises so suggesting there would be no formals on a 2 night cruise; that I emailed them.

This is their reply

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We appreciate you contacting us for information regarding the number of formal nights.

During a two night sailing, one night will be formal. This has recently changed. In the past, we did not offer a formal night for a two-night sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

So,in case anyone else going isn't on the roll call...pack your posh frock!:)

I don't know how they can have a formal night on a two night cruise. First night you are boarding and the second night you are putting your luggage out to disembark the next day. Practically it makes no sense. Also, be advised Celebrity's customer service is very often wrong.

I don't know how they can have a formal night on a two night cruise. First night you are boarding and the second night you are putting your luggage out to disembark the next day. Practically it makes no sense. Also, be advised Celebrity's customer service is very often wrong.

I agree. Doesn't sound right.

That's why I double checked. Two posters on our roll call have spoken to Captain's Club and they have phoned the ship and checked and they are all saying the same,the second night of two is formal.

Unless you subscribe to CC though you aren't going to know so it will be interesting!

On my edocs it says for 3-5 day cruises 1 formal night, is this another policy change?

We are relatively new to Celebrity and are used to being told specifically on our tickets from the likes of P&O how many formal nights and any other special evenings. Would take little effort and be REALLY helpful for planning.

Yes confirmation has been given to me that there is a formal night on board, whilst that is unusual for a 2 nighter it's not unheard of. I would expect the ship will be relatively flexible on this one given the confusion that seems to exist. Makes to difference to me, I have a frock that dresses up or down it has many cruise miles already !!

The Hotel Director on the Ship has confirmed that dress code for the 6th Sept will be Smart/Formal.

That means Jacket/Shirt/Tie, Suit and Black Tie formal wear all goes for us

Alpha Males....:D;).

All you ladies will look good in whatever you wear.....:)

On my edocs it says for 3-5 day cruises 1 formal night, is this another policy change?

We are relatively new to Celebrity and are used to being told specifically on our tickets from the likes of P&O how many formal nights and any other special evenings. Would take little effort and be REALLY helpful for planning.

This is not new. Had formal nights on CS 4 and 5 day cruises last year. No enforcement of the code was evident. Some men were in formal, but not many on the five cruises I was on.

Archived