Alcoholic Beverages

pvbbrennan

Maybe it's because we're Canadian, but I find HAL's liquor prices for the one liter bottles incredibly reasonable. We bring our own wine, but I have no problem pre-ordering their liquor. :)

I agree (but I'm Canadian too) - their prices are maybe $2 more than here - whoopty doo - like I'm going to worry about $2 on top of everything else?

why hide it? why smuggle? HAL is more than fair letting us bring wine on board for our cabin - I'll gladly buy a bottle to share with my friends on board. Grey Goose rocks (according to DH at least;)).

It depends on the ship you are on if they have any micro brews on board. HAL started to have them when the MIX was introduced on the S class ships and the Rotterdam. A few of the others also have gotten the micro brews.

This is only an old partial list of some of the beers on HAL -- and the prices have gone up as of September:

6-pack Bud Light domestic beer no price found

6-pack Miller Lite domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Amstel Light imported beer $23.00

6-pack Corona imported beer $23.00

6-pack Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer $21.85

6-pack Heineken imported beers $23.00

Both old and new prices include the 15% gratuity.

Some new prices:

BEER

Miller Genuine Draft domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Bud Light domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Budweiser domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Corona imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Amstel Light imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Heineken imported beer: 6-pack -- $29.90

Miller Lite domestic beer: 6-pack -- $26.45

Those seem like some pretty hefty price increases. A $6.90 increase on a six pack of Corona?

It never ceases to amaze me when I hear grown adults signing up for a $5,000 cruise and then openly lie, flaunt the clearly stated rules and smuggle a quart of booze aboard the ship strapped to their leg in a plastic RumRunner or hidden deep in their luggage just to save $25. It's even more amazing when they boast about it here on the boards! Oh my Gawd!

Eventually we all wind up paying higher cruise fares to cover lost income from their illegal acts. It may not be much and it may take a while to take effect but be assured the rest of us all wind up paying. Makes you feel good doesn't it?

RonJoan

Many times they bring expensive brands that the ship doesn't offer.

How could you possibly know what is being smuggled aboard? That is clearly a gratuitous invented remark to justify and make one feel better about bad behavior to chisel HAL out of a paltry few dollars!

RonJoan

It's anyone else's concern. Many times they bring expensive brands that the ship doesn't offer. What happened to live and let live? Banned forever from the line makes no sense at all.

So you don't believe the rules should apply to all of us, do you? You believe we should each get to choose which ones we abide by and which we will ignore, is that it?

As to "live and let live" - I don't care what you do as long as you follow the rules.

Archived