Ladies - what do you take poolside?

I will have my glasses, drink cup, kleenex and maybe a book to take to the pool area.

What do you ladies take to put it in?

Thanks,

I am one of those strange women that use a fanny pack. Not cool I know, but I am on vacation and don't care.

I sometimes use the hot tubs but don't really spend much time at the pool anymore since they have the big screens going or DJ music. I spend a lot of time on my balcony with my kindle.

When going ashore to a beach I take a beach bag to carry towels, sunscreen, camera etc.

I have a little beach bag I pack to use when going to lie on the deck or if we go to a beach in one of the ports. It's just big enough for the Carnival beach towel, a magazine or two, several bottles of sunscreen, my water bottle, ipod, etc.

I have a bag that I can get a lot of stuff in. I always take my sunglasses, sunscreen and a must is my Kindle so I have good reading material. Of course I also take my sail and sign card in case I'd like to drink. I also like to take my visor to keep the sun out my eyes.a

Although I do enjoy reading I must admit I'm a people watcher and enjoy that immensely. the final thing I put in my bag are the big plastic clips that hold your towel in place might have to be sea shells. My friends are parrots. Very handy. Lydia of Ohio

... the final thing I put in my bag are the big plastic clips that hold your towel in place might have to be sea shells. My friends are parrots. Very handy. Lydia of Ohio

Please tell me what this means. I might want to start bringing some of whatever it is to the pool too!!

(all in good fun Lydia ;))

Please tell me what this means. I might want to start bringing some of whatever it is to the pool too!!

(all in good fun Lydia ;))

The plastic clips are Boca clips.They are great and come in different shapes.

I am one of those strange women that use a fanny pack. Not cool I know, but I am on vacation and don't care.

I sometimes use the hot tubs but don't really spend much time at the pool anymore since they have the big screens going or DJ music. I spend a lot of time on my balcony with my kindle.

When going ashore to a beach I take a beach bag to carry towels, sunscreen, camera etc.

I love my fanny packs! Do not go on vacation without one. :) That is what I will usually take to the pool with me if I go. I rarely get up there.

51HbMJCCoVL._SY450_.jpg

These are the ones I have..I also bring a small backpack kind of thingy.

th?id=I4541146930545592&pid=1.7&w=135&h=141&c=7&rs=1

Thanks for the picture...I originally thought that crazy sentence must have been the result of a bad IPad spell-check experience. Thanks again Lydia from Ohio for the good chuckle.

I have a Lori Greiner travel organizer set. It came with a tote that all the pieces organizer pieces fit into. Once unpackedon the ship that tote becomes my "sun bag" for sunning. It always includes my zune, my kindle, a small pair of binoculars, tanning lotion,and sunglasses. I add my tervis cup and a beach towel when on the ship. When we go into port a bottle of water goes in it as well. My s&s card goes with me no matter where I am on a cruise so that's a given.

The only thing that I wish were different abou my tote would be a zipper instead of the snap top. I will have to say that not all totes are created equal. I've had a few over the years. Some are heavy in and of themselves and start weighing on my shoulder pretty fast. Some are made of such light colored gabric that they look dirty fast. Some aren't washable, and some start coming apart at the seams after only a few uses. I've had my most recent bag through multiple trips for over 3 years and its even been in the washing machine and still looks as good as new.

FYI the "claw" type hair clips will work as a towel clip as well and are widely available and inexpensive. Depending on where you live the very cute make me green with envy parrot clips may only be available if you order online.

tote bag filled with..

hat, sunscreen, camera, epipen, (daughter) asthma meds (daughter) lactaid pills (daughter) cabin card, book (Kindle). video camera, sunglasses, tissue, lip-gloss, hair brush, pen/and or high lighter, sked for the day. some times I bring my water bottle from home.

For the ship: tote with, sunscreen/cup for water/sunscreen chap stick/towel(but maybe not this year bc I really don't use it and they have them on deck)/sunglasses/book or iPod/ S&S/ camera

Port: sunscreen/chap stick/bottled water/towel/S&S/ID/possible change of clothes/camera/sunglasses/cash

Got a decent big tote bag on the Dream last time for $10. it has a zipper close and an attached zipper close pouch. I've used it for a gym bag and it's done a good job holding up seeing hoe sometimes it gets a lot of stuff dumped in it. Hope they have them again on the liberty in Nov.

Hmm, I might make a post and ask.

I saw this bag mentioned some time back here on CC and ordered one (via ebay --- cheaper than on the site). I absolutely LOVE it!! It's very durable and I use it quite a lot. http://www.kyssbags.com/

I only used the "lock it" feature once, but even without that, the bag is nicely sized, holds tons of stuff and seems to be a quality product. I would highly recommend it.

Have fun!

I've bought the beach totes that the different ports sell with the name of the island on them...my latest is from St. Kitts. For $5, not a bad deal, although the tab on the zipper did come off.

I also have a zipper tote from my Disney cruise in 2006. It has held up very well. I wish I could find another one...I've checked e-baby, but haven't seen any. It's not likely we'll cruise Disney again, but I love the tote and always get compliments on it.

At this time of year, most of the stores have beach bags on discount...I'd check Target, Walmart, and Bed, Bath and Beyond. BTW, Bed, Bath and Beyond also sells the towel clips mentioned above.

I bring a small tote....I put my very small purse in it (that holds my comb, lipstick, tissues, room key, etc...) and my sunscreen and book. I'm wearing my sunglasses and visor!

You don't need to bring too much...you can always return to your cabin if you need something! You can get water as needed from any bar!

Archived