Just off carnival Splendor, disappointed with in room TV channels

yamsi12

We didnt spend much time in our room with the TV on, but when we did, ABC, NBC, Fox, etc were all florida feeds. Now I realize a lot of Carnival ships go out of Florida, but it got really old hearing about Hurricane Isaac all the time. Youd think carnival would have the Los Angeles feeds of ABC, NBC, Fox, etc. Plus no ESPN at all in the rooms? The only way to get sports scores was to go to the sports bar onboard and watch ESPN (which was in spanish BTW) ticker at the bottom of the screen. Having ESPN Deportes on all the tv screens in the bar probably accounted for the reason it was almost always empty. :(

We didnt spend much time in our room with the TV on, but when we did, ABC, NBC, Fox, etc were all florida feeds. Now I realize a lot of Carnival ships go out of Florida, but it got really old hearing about Hurricane Isaac all the time. Youd think carnival would have the Los Angeles feeds of ABC, NBC, Fox, etc. Plus no ESPN at all in the rooms? The only way to get sports scores was to go to the sports bar onboard and watch ESPN (which was in spanish BTW) ticker at the bottom of the screen. Having ESPN Deportes on all the tv screens in the bar probably accounted for the reason it was almost always empty. :(

LOL....People not to be a smart butt but man your on Vacation.....ON A CRUISE....:D:o:D

Too Bad. Going on the splendor 9/23 right before MLB playoffs and would like to know if the angels are in the series.

BTW when I went on the spirit in 2010 I did see the playoffs on the tv in the sports bar. So at one time they had the capacity to get more sports channels than ESPN deportes.

and even though this is our vacation I still like to see MLB on tv

Did you ask anyone if an english speaking channel of ESPN was available?

Too Bad. Going on the splendor 9/23 right before MLB playoffs and would like to know if the angels are in the series.

BTW when I went on the spirit in 2010 I did see the playoffs on the tv in the sports bar. So at one time they had the capacity to get more sports channels than ESPN deportes.

and even though this is our vacation I still like to see MLB on tv

Sailing with you :D

OP, since no one else is telling you .. all ships have the same feed. It used to be out of Denver.. imagine being on your caribbean cruise to Mexico and seeing the ski reports.

I sail out of the gulf.. not Florida.. but think florida is a improvement myself over the old denver feed.

All ships get the same feed. Its a set price carnival pays for those channels.. its not something they can do by ship.

You cruise for TV???? Really???? You are mad because they broadcast a dangerous event that can destroy life and limb, businesses and property????

Maybe they do. So what. Maybe they work 90 hours a week and never get to watch TV so on vacation they like to.

Everyone wants different things on their vacation. Just because it isn't something you do doesn't matter.

I live in Florida and I get tired of the hurricane coverage. They repeat the same information every ten minutes for hours and hours. It doesn't mean people would not be concerned about the damage or loss.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
OP, since no one else is telling you .. all ships have the same feed. It used to be out of Denver.. imagine being on your caribbean cruise to Mexico and seeing the ski reports.

I sail out of the gulf.. not Florida.. but think florida is a improvement myself over the old denver feed.

All ships get the same feed. Its a set price carnival pays for those channels.. its not something they can do by ship.

Not really 100% true! Just sailed on the Glory to Canada and they had different news feeds than we had in July on the Miracle to the Caribbean. On the Glory it was mostly NY local feeds, on the Miracle it was Florida. On the Miracle we had ESPN sports in English.

I loved having the Denver feeds when we cruised before we moved to South Dakota. We always knew what was going on. To me now what really sucks having Flordia feeds on a Mexican cruise is the 3 hour time difference.

I do go to my cabin and relax sometimes. I turn the tv on for the sound alot of times. Carnival ship channels get old sometime.

Not really 100% true! Just sailed on the Glory to Canada and they had different news feeds than we had in July on the Miracle to the Caribbean. On the Glory it was mostly NY local feeds, on the Miracle it was Florida. On the Miracle we had ESPN sports in English.

OK you got me... never went out of the NE and trying to avoid it. All my cruises seem to have the same feed. Personally, I admit I like to hear some news, see how the stock market is doing while Im gone. CNBC or FOX, see what they say about the stock market and if something big is moving the market up or down.

RCL gets CNBC

Maybe they do. So what. Maybe they work 90 hours a week and never get to watch TV so on vacation they like to.

Everyone wants different things on their vacation. Just because it isn't something you do doesn't matter.

I live in Florida and I get tired of the hurricane coverage. They repeat the same information every ten minutes for hours and hours. It doesn't mean people would not be concerned about the damage or loss.

At least the constant coverage of a hurricane approaching will help someone who's been out of touch for a while and even prepare if they are going home. Earthquake coverage is always after the fact. Last quake (4.4) the news channels showed the same broken plate over and over again. That was all the damage they could find. lol

Thank you. I was wondering when someone was going to post some accurate information like this. Had to wait all the way until post eleven.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
So, are there cartoons on the room tv's for the littles?

Sometimes a cartoon will help my kids settle for bed :)

They have the Cartoon Network

My favorite times watching tv on a cruise????? Watched 2 Super Bowls while cruising!!! :D First one....beloved Carolina Panthers lost to NE in a great game while cruising on RCI's AOS and the second one on the Fascination this year with the NY Gaints winning.

Other then that....I don't usually watch tv when cruising!!! :p

Are you sure its accurate?

Yes, I remember the Denver feeds. If you has John H. he will tell you that Carnival (and the rest of the cruise lines) purchase their feeds from one source. Whatever they are providing is it.

I was on board a cruise for the Olympics one year. I could not understand why I was seeing so many rowing events until I realized that the feed was coming from England - not the US.

Thank you. I was wondering when someone was going to post some accurate information like this. Had to wait all the way until post eleven.

I was just talking about you on the post where have the oldies gone.. that I missed you when nunu was mentioned .. I said I miss your posts.

You could of saved your money and stayed at home with all your channels.

My favorite times watching tv on a cruise????? Watched 2 Super Bowls while cruising!!! :D First one....beloved Carolina Panthers lost to NE in a great game while cruising on RCI's AOS and the second one on the Fascination this year with the NY Gaints winning.

Other then that....I don't usually watch tv when cruising!!! :p

My favorite panther that year was He Hate Me LOL

Archived