Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever!

nealstuber

Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Nominees for Dumbest Cruise rule Ever...

• No limes in your Corona Bottle
    • No Fishing of the Ship
    • No trays at the Buffet
    • No F deck
    • No Power Cords
    • No Steak Knives
    • No name changes on bookings
    • No Rate chages to existing bookings.
    • No Smoking on you Private Balcony
    • Smoking permitted someplace

There's a big difference between not liking the smell of something and it actually being harmful to you. I no longer smoke (and haven't for over 3 years) and don't care for the smell of smoke but I'm smart enough to realize that just being able to smell it in the air outside won't give me lung cancer. I don't care for the smell of diesel exhaust either when I'm out driving around. A "smell" from someone smoking in the distance isn't going to cause you physical harm (unless you're truly allergic to it...and I'm sure most people aren't truly allergic)

Just FYI -- for people with asthma, even a small amount of cigarette smoke can induce a serious asthma attack.....

Submit your nominations for the Dumbest Cruise Rule Ever here:

My submission is the "NO LIMES IN CORONA BOTTLES" rule. Apparently limes in the bottles mess up the recylcing regime so you can either have it in a glass with the lime or bottle sans lime (provided you are not on the pool deck)

Give me a break.

This is totally against the #1 Man Rule.....NO FRUIT IN THE BEER!!!!!

Whether or not the trays are a rule or a cutback- it is one of our biggest peeves. DH is literally one handed (amputee) & needs a tray to carry beverage with his plate. I usually end up juggling 2 plates plus a beverage or we have to go back several times to get everything.

I also hate that when in the theatre you have to leave & get back in line to see the 2nd show. What good is it to get there early.

I saw this as well on the Disney website..Beer and alcohol is allowed for the cruiser to carry onboard..WOW..thats awesome....

But what you save by bringing on your own alcohol, you lose by Disney's high fares. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. But if you cruise Disney exclusively then this is a great perk.

Dumbest rule: You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol on board.

This rule is in place for one reason and one reason only, so Carnival can charge you excessive pricing for their booze.

This is were these threads become stuiped. You are entilled to your opion about bringing alcohol on board. But all cruise lines have the same rule so why make the statement "so Carnival can charge you excessive pricing for their booze."

This is were these threads become stuiped. You are entilled to your opion about bringing alcohol on board. But all cruise lines have the same rule so why make the statement "so Carnival can charge you excessive pricing for their booze."

Cause that's why they do it.

Whether or not the trays are a rule or a cutback- it is one of our biggest peeves. DH is literally one handed (amputee) & needs a tray to carry beverage with his plate. I usually end up juggling 2 plates plus a beverage or we have to go back several times to get everything.

I also hate that when in the theatre you have to leave & get back in line to see the 2nd show. What good is it to get there early.

Anyone know if other cruise lines still use trays? When did Carnival stop?

Dumbest rule: You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol on board.

This rule is in place for one reason and one reason only, so Carnival can charge you excessive pricing for their booze.

First you say it's dumb, and then you give the reason why it is not dumb at all...because it makes Carnival more money. Dumb implies it is a nonsensical rule that exists without good reason, and them making money is a very good reason.

I understand why you don't like it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a dumb rule.

First you say it's dumb, and then you give the reason why it is not dumb at all...because it makes Carnival more money. Dumb implies it is a nonsensical rule that exists without good reason, and them making money is a very good reason.

I understand why you don't like it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is a dumb rule.

Lol really? Going to get into the definition of what constitutes a dumb rule? I think by "dumb rule" the op meant rules you do not like on the ship. In that case, his view on the alcohol policy is valid as a "dumb rule"

No cruise lounger hogs or seat savers. What if you want a nice leisurely lunch? Then you have to find another seat! And what if you like to get to the theater early but your friends want to shop?

But why should you be able to have a resevered lounger plus use of a table for lunch for ass long as you like, but I can have neither smiple because I got 5 mins. later then you.

A friend of mine has a permanent skin discoloration that she says her dermatologist claims was caused by lime and corona. Found this online.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/10/18/us-watch-the-lime-juice-when-drinking-co-idUSTRE69H4R420101018

This kind of thing happened to a co worker of mine, there was no Corona involved. He was cutting lime for margaritas and the lime juice literally burned his skin, his hand was red and blistered for a few days.

Yes, and what about the poor folks that use the trays to bring breakfast up to their cabins. How are they going to do it now? Feel bad for them. Some folks like to go down pick what they want from the buffet and then take it back up to their room or balcony. Not everyone wants to do room service.

I'd be real tempted to just "borrow" a room service tray and just keep using it until the end of the cruise. Wipe it down and put it in the closet until I need it next. Wash it and leave it behind on debark day.

Wonder if the no-more-tray thing is also meant to be a deterrent for bringing buffet food back to the room ? :confused:

'

As crazy as it is we just bring a tall sided tray that we got from Wal-mart, the tall sides keep any spills contained. We just pack it in the bottom of our suitcase it dosen't take up much room.

Try being trapped on a ship with 1000 screaming kids and Disney music playing 24/7 ("It's a small world after all") and you will see why bringing as much alcohol on board as humanly possible is allowed. :D

:D:D:D That is for sure!

Dumbest rule/practice:

Closing down 2/3 of the elevators on disembarkation day.

I may be wrong but i think the reason they do this is so they can use these elevators to transport luggage up and down. If not it would take forever to clear the ship of diesmbarking passengers and embarking passengers.

I can't stand lime in my beer, so that rule doesn't bother me. I do dislike those weird Corona bottles, however, so I just get a margarita. No trays is a bother, but not a deal killer for me.

My biggest gripe is when we're tendering and we can't take a elevator to the deck where the tender is. Ever try carrying a heavy bag with scuba equipment down a flight of stairs with other passengers bumping into you?

Forcing electronic cigarette smokers to vape in smoking areas!!!

I quit smoking 4 years ago, and now smoke an e-cigarette. There is no second hand smoke - it's water vapor. I have made the decision to be healthier for myself and those around me. Why should I have to be forced back around smokers and inhale their second hand smoke. DUMB.

I completely agree with you. I don't smoke nor have I ever been a smoker. But when I read this thread this is the first thing that I thought of.

Ok......Carnival should not be in the business of making money. Hey you know what...let everyone bring all the booze they want and just add a few hundred dollars to each cruiser's price of their cabin.

I'm drink alot on cruises (more then at home). I KNOW my sign and sail is going to be alot because that's a part of the PRICE of cruising!!! Has nothing to do with being a cheerleader.

By the way and with all due respect.....do you really not understand the concept of running a business for profit ????

I'm just thrilled that all of you now have your panties in a wad over my post ! Enjoy paying those prices for a drink that costs a cruise line .80 cents. Oh, and I have a bridge I'd like to sell to you. ..l..

I may be wrong but i think the reason they do this is so they can use these elevators to transport luggage up and down. If not it would take forever to clear the ship of diesmbarking passengers and embarking passengers.

I've been on other lines where this wasn't done.

rant/

(IMO) With the luggage all out in the hall by 10 p.m. or so the night before, there's no excuse for the elevators to still be shut down at 7 a.m.

/rant

Archived