Ruby Princess ~ Riviera Deck question

Born4Travel

I am headed out on a cruise on the Ruby Princess this spring. I am going to be on the Riviera deck in about 2/3 of the way from the front.

I have never been on this location before. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as motion and noise? I do have a balcony and I am wondering how it will look. (life boats overhead perhaps?)

Any info greatly appreciated.

TIA

Depending on what's located above you it can get real noisy like in the early mornings when they set up the pool lounge chairs or if there's a ping pong table over your head it can be noisy late at night but most rooms are OK.

I am headed out on a cruise on the Ruby Princess this spring. I am going to be on the Riviera deck in about 2/3 of the way from the front.

I have never been on this location before. Can anyone tell me what to expect as far as motion and noise? I do have a balcony and I am wondering how it will look. (life boats overhead perhaps?)

If you will give us the cabin number, we can give you a better answer.

We have a large group so I can only give you a general range of numbers. From R608 to R506. Give or take. :D I don't have all the assignments yet but that is the general area. (The reservations are made but my family member hasn't distributed all the numbers yet. :o Doesn't she know I am planning here!!:eek:)

It looks like we will be under the Horizon court and maybe the pool area. (I think) When I look online at the diagram it shows outlines of the life boats so I am confused as to why those would so up.

We sailed on Ruby this past March and were in Riviera 638. It was very quiet and we had no issue with motion. We usually choose the mid section ( low 500's) because of motion, but found 638 very enjoyable.

I will say, we were in R510 on Emerald last November and yes, you did hear the chairs above being moved around on the Lido deck above us in the a.m. It didn't bother us enough to stop us from booking the same area this Nov. on Emerald.

I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Diane

We have a large group so I can only give you a general range of numbers. From R608 to R506. Give or take. :D I don't have all the assignments yet but that is the general area. (The reservations are made but my family member hasn't distributed all the numbers yet. :o Doesn't she know I am planning here!!:eek:)

It looks like we will be under the Horizon court and maybe the pool area. (I think) When I look online at the diagram it shows outlines of the life boats so I am confused as to why those would so up.

The ones under the Horizon court should be quiet. It is a carpeted area.

There may be some early morning (6-7 AM?) noise for those under the pool area. This is when the deck lounges are set up and there can be some noise when they are moved. Not a horrendous amount of noise, but it could disturb light sleepers.

Archived