How quickly do you usually pay off your cruise?

t1adams

We are just $200 away from paying off our cruise for 3/31/13!!! Once I have all the funds, that cruise is going to be paid OFF! I think this will be the best feeling we'll have (besides embarkation of course!:D) I know some think it's best to wait until they require the payoff amount, but I like knowing I don't have to worry about it anymore. And once this is paid for, we can start saving spending money which will be about as much as the cruise since this cruise is sooooo port intensive (lots of excursions).

So how quickly do you pay off your cruise? And, does it make you feel as satsified as it does me, to have it paid for?;)

Usually a week or so before final payment is due. My money can make me money until then.

Really??? In THIS economy??? That amount really can't amount to very much. Unless you are a daring day trader, why bother? Seriously. Juuust my opinion. But without getting to political and chasing rabbits, I don't see how the amount for a cruise (one, two grand) being invested for six or so months doesn't amount to much these days. I used to be of that mindset....back before '09.:o

We are just $200 away from paying off our cruise for 3/31/13!!! Once I have all the funds, that cruise is going to be paid OFF! I think this will be the best feeling we'll have (besides embarkation of course!:D) I know some think it's best to wait until they require the payoff amount, but I like knowing I don't have to worry about it anymore. And once this is paid for, we can start saving spending money which will be about as much as the cruise since this cruise is sooooo port intensive (lots of excursions).

So how quickly do you pay off your cruise? And, does it make you feel as satsified as it does me, to have it paid for?;)

We usually pay them off before final payment. They aren't just sitting on the CC. We use cash for most of our cruises.

All of the cruises in my signature are booked in such a way that they are totally paid off when I book them.

I only have to book airfare now.

If I book a last minute cruise.. I would have to pay it off when I booked it.

That's amazing! Good for you. I still have to book airfare too. But not going to jump the gun and taking the first thing I find. We still have plenty of time for that (and already have funds for that).

That's amazing! Good for you. I still have to book airfare too. But not going to jump the gun and taking the first thing I find. We still have plenty of time for that (and already have funds for that).

I got some special cruises next year, more than I have ever attempted before so I need to plan ahead.

One goes out of San Juan B2B, one is to Alaska, then 2 weeks later, the one to Hawaii goes out of Vancouver and ends in Calif.. so I need to plan ahead just for this once.

I got some special cruises next year, more than I have ever attempted before so I need to plan ahead.

One goes out of San Juan B2B, one is to Alaska, then 2 weeks later, the one to Hawaii goes out of Vancouver and ends in Calif.. so I need to plan ahead just for this once.

Firefly, just curious, do you cruise this often all the time? I assume you either are retired or don't work (outside the home). It is my dream to one day be able to cruise that often. We've suffered an extreme loss in my family and 'experiences' with my remaining family are all I want anymore.....no more "stuff." I only have the desire to travel. I know you are going to enjoy those cruises! We're going out of San Juan. Can hardly wait.

I used to totally pay for the cruise when I booked it...but somehow I got the idea that if I didn't make final payment until "due", that somehow it is easier to cancel it if I have to? or get price reductions? I'll have to check in to that.

In any case I don't book a cruise unless I have the money on hand to pay for it entirely, pay for any "hotel service charges", excursions, etc. And the same with the air fare, hotels, any other vacation-related expenses that I can prepaid, get paid. I like returning home from a vacation knowing that I'll not be paying for my fun for the next X monthSo before I walk out the door, suitcase in hand, everything but unexpected things is paid for, and I know how much "spending money" I have available for other things.

Firefly, just curious, do you cruise this often all the time? I assume you either are retired or don't work (outside the home). It is my dream to one day be able to cruise that often. We've suffered an extreme loss in my family and 'experiences' with my remaining family are all I want anymore.....no more "stuff." I only have the desire to travel. I know you are going to enjoy those cruises! We're going out of San Juan. Can hardly wait.

I was working and my Dad got macular degeneration and I quit my job and sold my condo in Florida and moved here. I drive them everywhere. If I cruise my Dad does sneak out and drive which concerns me. But I have to live my life too. I earned my money flipping houses since I was in my 20s and in the stock market etc. I dont want to be too old to travel like so many, you cant take it with you.

I just started cruising the very end of 2006 again (I had some early ones no record of), and been doing 6 to 8 cruises a year.. but nothing as much as the ones booked for next year. Been doing closer to home. I dont go out of Europe, because its too far and I want to fly home fast if I need to. My Dad turns 94 on Monday. My mom hates to drive, or be in anything that moves, so neither will travel with me.

Really??? In THIS economy??? That amount really can't amount to very much. Unless you are a daring day trader, why bother? Seriously. Juuust my opinion. But without getting to political and chasing rabbits, I don't see how the amount for a cruise (one, two grand) being invested for six or so months doesn't amount to much these days. I used to be of that mindset....back before '09.:o

Money looks better in my account than someone elses. Perhaps the principal but no reason to pay before it is due.

I paid cash in full within a month of booking for a January 2013 cruise. I want it paid for so I don't have to worry about it, or be "tempted" to "borrow" out of that fund. Out of sight, out of mind. :D Planning airfare and excursions now.

Again, why not pay it with a credit card and then pay it off in cash. even 2% of $2000 is $40 in free money. With my Venture Card this would be 4000 miles, kind of a no brainer

Perhaps if you had your own business you would understand?

Archived