Coffee Card and B2B

dinosaurdem

We are booked on a B2B as a single 32 day cruise. I know that the specialty coffees are limited to the number of punches on the coffee card, but will I be able to use it for brewed coffee for the entire cruise, assuming it's a new card?

My husband and I were on B2B cruises to Alaska recently, and we were able to use the same coffee card for brewed coffee on both legs of the journey.

Based on recent posts that I have read there appears to be no consistent application of how this is done. Some have said that when they told the barista when purchasing the card the dates they were sailing that's what was put on the card. In that situation (which will be the same for me later this year) it was booked as a b2b cruise that could also be booked as a single month-long cruise.

We had some problems with this on the Crown in January. We booked as a 14 day cruise but it was also a 2 x 7 days. On day 8 getting back on board after clearing FLL as transit passengers we were told our coffee card wasn't any good for brewed coffee. well after going to passenger services and getting hold of the beverage manager it was sorted out and our card amended. It was very frustrating! I did suggest if my coffee card didn't work for second week. I would be expecting another cruise to be added to my cruise history (I'm trying to get to Elite - lol).

Does the coffee card include hot chocolate or is it strictly speciality and brewed coffee?

We used our coffee card on our BTB and I also had a couple of Hot Chocolates :)

I didn't ask when I purchased the card, however we didn't experience any trouble using it on the second week.

I did suggest if my coffee card didn't work for second week. I would be expecting another cruise to be added to my cruise history (I'm trying to get to Elite - lol).

Call Princess and ask for the Captain's Circle desk.

They will now count each segment of a b2b booked under one reservation as a seperate cruise, but only if you request it.

We used our coffee card on our BTB and I also had a couple of Hot Chocolates :)

I didn't ask when I purchased the card, however we didn't experience any trouble using it on the second week.

Thank you! That's good to know. DH doesn't care for malts, shakes or sodas, so the ultimate beverage card isn't for him. Hot chocolate will be his beverage of choice, especially on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. :)

Thank you! That's good to know. DH doesn't care for malts, shakes or sodas, so the ultimate beverage card isn't for him. Hot chocolate will be his beverage of choice, especially on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. :)

On the Island Princess in Alaska (and it may be the same on your ship), there was a self-serve hot chocolate container on deck outside the Horizon Court each day. No beverage card needed.

2191769050016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Call Princess and ask for the Captain's Circle desk.

They will now count each segment of a b2b booked under one reservation as a seperate cruise, but only if you request it.

Great advice . . . I just called Princess and picked up another cruise credit!

No matter what answer you get here, ask before you buy it. If necessary, search out the head waiter or maitre 'd. The key will be the expiration date they put on it.

great advice

on our Star b2b Rio to valpariso then onto San Fran they at first said no to the free coffee because we were on a different let. A quick comment to the Maitre d'hotel or was it the beverage manager corrected the situation. Our card didn't have an expiration date but it did have a voyage # written on the back.

vickie

Gee, when I was going to buy my coffee card on a cruise in October 2011, I asked the question, 'If I don't use the card up on this cruise, can I use it on my next cruise?'

Answer was, 'yes.'

I used 1/2 of the punches on that cruise and then took it with me on the cruise I took in February of this year on the Coral. No one ever questioned me about the card, they just kept punching it each time I got my mochas.

One thing I did learn using it, if you get the specialty coffees when you are in the MDR, they bring you a small drink. If you go to the barista and ask for a large, you can get a bigger size (still one punch) and they will even put it on a 'to go' cup!

I am planning another cruise for the end of this year and will have to ask again as I do not get a mocha every day.

I wonder if it depends on the ship? Have they all not been notified as to how the cards are to work? Communication always seems to be a problem in any organization!:rolleyes:

Gee, when I was going to buy my coffee card on a cruise in October 2011, I asked the question, 'If I don't use the card up on this cruise, can I use it on my next cruise?'

Answer was, 'yes.'

I used 1/2 of the punches on that cruise and then took it with me on the cruise I took in February of this year on the Coral. No one ever questioned me about the card, they just kept punching it each time I got my mochas.

One thing I did learn using it, if you get the specialty coffees when you are in the MDR, they bring you a small drink. If you go to the barista and ask for a large, you can get a bigger size (still one punch) and they will even put it on a 'to go' cup!

I am planning another cruise for the end of this year and will have to ask again as I do not get a mocha every day.

I wonder if it depends on the ship? Have they all not been notified as to how the cards are to work? Communication always seems to be a problem in any organization!:rolleyes:

there is no problem using up unused punches on future voyages, the situation is with getting free brewed coffee or specialty teas. Princess changed the policy last Nov/Dec you only get the free beverages on the voyage on which you purchased the card.

Vickie

In the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35 buys a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and some lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over.

You'll find brewed coffee from grounds at some lounges, and in the International Cafe. Not all ships have the Int'l Cafe. They do, however, have a Coffee Bar for regular and specialty coffees.

Archived