Before answering questions...

Alg63

Lois -- I've been trying to come up with a constructive, yet honest, response to the OP's post -- but you said it all (and very well, I might add! ;))

Hi ww:) thank you.

Maybe I am in a dream world thinking there may be a posting Utopia... As for my hard times I did not lose my business because of people trying to pull a fast one but they certainly tried ... And so many business owners will say the same things. Everyone wants more for less, and when they get it they are happy. Then they see THEIR "less" for even less and suddenly they have to find a way to get it or they will not be happy. And everyone is giving Mr Less I.S. More advice, some downright sneaky. See even I am confused now.

Hi Alg63. It sounds to me like you've been through a particularly rough time, business wise and are feeling annoyed at everyone and everything? Sorry about that :(

I always find it interesting to read about the differences in regulations, travel requirements or booking conditions on these boards, most often found in exactly the threads you are complaining about. I quite enjoy the diversity in such threads and probably wouldn't know about these differences if people just posted appropriate facts.

Because the members are predominantly American on this Celebrity forum, posters occasionally forget that other nationalities are partaking on the boards. That's all it is. Their posts are intended to help, not confuse.

It doesn't take a genius to work out where in the World someone is from, by the language/spelling patterns. It also doesn't take long to find out whose information is generally reliable. Most of the time someone pops up with an appropriate response to answer the OP's query in a thread.

As for people trying to 'screw' Celebrity, I find exactly the opposite here. Most regular posters are very keen to do the right thing for crew, passengers and Celebrity Cruises.

Enjoy the boards for their entertainment value and don't get embroiled in threads that annoy you. :)

Hi Alg63. It sounds to me like you've been through a particularly rough time, business wise and are feeling annoyed at everyone and everything? Sorry about that :( I always find it interesting to read about the differences in regulations, travel requirements or booking conditions on these boards, most often found in exactly the threads you are complaining about. I quite enjoy the diversity in such threads and probably wouldn't know about these differences if people just posted appropriate facts. Because the members are predominantly American on this Celebrity forum, posters occasionally forget that other nationalities are partaking on the boards. That's all it is. Their posts are intended to help, not confuse. It doesn't take a genius to work out where in the World someone is from, by the language/spelling patterns. It also doesn't take long to find out whose information is generally reliable. Most of the time someone pops up with an appropriate response to answer the OP's query in a thread. As for people trying to 'screw' Celebrity, I find exactly the opposite here. Most regular posters are very keen to do the right thing for crew, passengers and Celebrity Cruises. Enjoy the boards for their entertainment value and don't get embroiled in threads that annoy you. :)

Very good, wise and interesting post above from our UK friend. Appreciate the posting and solid perspective.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 101,594 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Hi Alg63. It sounds to me like you've been through a particularly rough time, business wise and are feeling annoyed at everyone and everything? Sorry about that :(

I always find it interesting to read about the differences in regulations, travel requirements or booking conditions on these boards, most often found in exactly the threads you are complaining about. I quite enjoy the diversity in such threads and probably wouldn't know about these differences if people just posted appropriate facts.

Because the members are predominantly American on this Celebrity forum, posters occasionally forget that other nationalities are partaking on the boards. That's all it is. Their posts are intended to help, not confuse.

It doesn't take a genius to work out where in the World someone is from, by the language/spelling patterns. It also doesn't take long to find out whose information is generally reliable. Most of the time someone pops up with an appropriate response to answer the OP's query in a thread.

As for people trying to 'screw' Celebrity, I find exactly the opposite here. Most regular posters are very keen to do the right thing for crew, passengers and Celebrity Cruises.

Enjoy the boards for their entertainment value and don't get embroiled in threads that annoy you. :)

Very well said.

You are always the voice of reason, Sylvia!

I've been reading your posts. Would you rather be right or be happy? Like many others, I am grateful for the information shared. Maybe its not perfect but neither am I. Have a good night

And we're really grateful to have you on our Equinox rollcall, where we don't have to be perfect -- just happy! :D

Sounds like the OP has had a bad year, and really needs a cruise -- glad to see that she has one booked. ;)

Not everyone lists their cruise Conquests and yes i have cruised Celebrity and others and some that you never heard of like the Windsor Castle which was my first cruise at age 11 "....One of the Royal "mail" ships as they were referred to in those days.

Sorry I did not know one had to post a. Resume or be here a certain amount of time before being allowed to post... for the last 5 years I have been spending my time trying to save my home and business..now that l gave it bank to the bank I have time to post. Sorry about that. Do I have your go ahead now?

Bravo for your post. Please proceed.

IMHO, no resume needed, though many do like to submit.

I simply read post to decide what is credible, what applies, and what is nonsense.

-Marisa

OP;

Perhaps a look at the guidelines would help.

The fundamental concept is that you should NOT totally rely upon the information or opinions you read. Rather, you should use what you read here as starting points for doing independent research on cruise lines, ships, hotels, shore excursions and bargain-hunting techniques. Then judge for yourself the merits of the material that has been shared in our forum.

We do not guarantee the completeness of any information provided on our cruise boards. We cannot read through the thousands of messages we receive each day, but do make an effort to check out all the hyperlinked web sites. We cannot research each one for accuracy. That isn't why we're here. Staff members and our volunteers are here to provide you with an environment that is free from advertising and soliciting, free from harassment, vulgarity and disparaging statements, as well as providing you with a safe haven brought together by those sharing a mutual interest: cruising!

I hope this helps. :)

Wishing you calm seas and blue skys. :)

OP; Perhaps a look at the guidelines would help.

The fundamental concept is that you should NOT totally rely upon the information or opinions you read. Rather, you should use what you read here as starting points for doing independent research on cruise lines, ships, hotels, shore excursions and bargain-hunting techniques. Then judge for yourself the merits of the material that has been shared in our forum.

Excellent, solid, added perspective above that is very wise to consider and remember. I like to do lots of research, getting from the public library many/all of the various travel books, searching the web, etc. There are a wide variety of opinions, experiences and interests. One size does not fit all. Plan and prepare accordingly for what "floats your boat", pun intended!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 101,851 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Excellent, solid, added perspective above that is very wise to consider and remember. I like to do lots of research, getting from the public library many/all of the various travel books, searching the web, etc. There are a wide variety of opinions, experiences and interests. One size does not fit all. Plan and prepare accordingly for what "floats your boat", pun intended!!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 101,851 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Thank you sir! :)

Archived