Food- carnival vs ncl

Finkksta

How does the food compare on these two lines? I cruised on carnival once and thought the food was amazing. Although I did prefer the main buffet on the lido as I could see the food as aposed to the dinner restaurant which was too fancy and the food was too. I loved the verity of the buffet. Next I'm traveling with norwegian. How does it compare?

How does the food compare on these two lines? I cruised on carnival once and thought the food was amazing. Although I did prefer the main buffet on the lido as I could see the food as aposed to the dinner restaurant which was too fancy and the food was too. I loved the verity of the buffet. Next I'm traveling with norwegian. How does it compare?

How long ago was your carnival cruise? I think all the cruise lines, at least all the mainstream ones have cut back in recent years. I have not cruised NCL but even if you cruised Carnival now, it may not measure up to what you recall from times past.

Food is very subjective...expect people to line up on both sides. IMHO the MDR is similar with a slight edge to CCL. NCL has better buffets and pizza. CCL has better deserts. CCL has a great deli and fish & chips. NCL has Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans which is excellant. Overall a tie to me.

Carnival again has shrimp cocktail EVERY night. They had taken it off the menu except for lobster night but is now back as an every day choice. And they took meatloaf off the everyday but now its on only once- it was awful when I had it!

I have not been on NCL since 2003, but the food was fine then. I found the food quality similar on these lines (and RCI too). Carnival does have fixed time dining as a option (as do most lines other than NCL), which for us works better with a group. Also Carnival has the waiters singing and dancing several nights, sometimes dancing with the passengers. NCL has none of that, at least not on our four NCL cruises. (RCI has singing but usually no dancing). We like the waiter shows; others don't.

Archived