What is your travel day ensemble?

ComeSailWithME

On the plane, I usually wear a black velour track suit and a t-shirt or tank. Comfy, neat, warm...removable jacket. Normally, hair is down, then clipped up on the plane. No make-up. Shoes normally are sneakers. This time, I plan to leave the hair up all the time...forgot to take the clip out when going through security once...ended up getting the pat down before remembering what was setting everything off.

We always fly in early, so boarding day is normally a skort/capris and blouse.

On the plane, I usually wear a black velour track suit and a t-shirt or tank. Comfy, neat, warm...removable jacket. Normally, hair is down, then clipped up on the plane. No make-up. Shoes normally are sneakers. This time, I plan to leave the hair up all the time...forgot to take the clip out when going through security once...ended up getting the pat down before remembering what was setting everything off.

We always fly in early, so boarding day is normally a skort/capris and blouse.

I've seen several people talk about skorts lately. I used to wear them in high school in the late 60's and early 70's, but I thought they were only available to golfers and tennis players these days. Where do you find them? What's your favorite brand?

I've seen several people talk about skorts lately. I used to wear them in high school in the late 60's and early 70's, but I thought they were only available to golfers and tennis players these days. Where do you find them? What's your favorite brand?

Look at Athleta (the website) and Sahalie (the website). Different styles and lengths to choose from between them. I have one of the Sahalie sport skorts - bought it years ago and I still love it. I have an Athleta Hana skort that I wear around town. I also found a Lole short that had a zip up the side seam to unzip up to change from walking around to more "active" mode. Love it!

I have a cotton jersery waterfall cardigan I love and which can be squished into my backpack when I'm not wearing it. I also have a cotton jersey scarf I always take. (It can double as an eye mask if I sleep!) I find it is usually freezing on planes, regardless of the time of year.

What I wear under those two things really depends on how long the flight is and what I'm doing when I arrive. If it's business, I dress up more. If it's a red-eye, comfy all the way! But I always, ALWAYS wear long pants. I have to wear compression socks--big UGLY compression socks. Slip-on shoes. Long sleeve top. Hoodie/sweater (depending on activities when I arrive).

We almost always fly in the day before to cruise, but if we don't, then I will usually change in the bathroom at the airport into something for a warm climate that I have kept in my roll-aboard along with my bathing suit (I can't just buy one if my luggage is lost) and a nice outfit for the first night in the dining room if our luggage is delayed (which it was last time, I swear ours were the very last suitcases delivered anywhere on the ship).

Robin

Domestic flights: t shirt, jeans and sneaker and my black hoodie(I'm always cold)

International flights- loose yoga pants, t-shirt, sneakers and black hoodie

What i normal wear every day when I'm not working(I wear a uniform)- black hoodie is in closet since its been 80+ here in CT

Easy going for me also, jersey pull on pants, silk/jersey blend tee,

cashmere/silk blend waterfall sweater, compression socks, slip on shoes, and my Ahh bra--add some gold hoops and a bangle or two and ready to go. Also travel with my own pillow/eye shade.

I am so happy right now! I've been looking for a nice Eileen Fisher jacket and pants that I swore I had bought for and worn on my last cruise for more than a week now. They are what I wear on the plane for the overnight flight. Anyway I could not find them and I even went to 2 EF stores this week trying to buy them again, but no luck - they're out of print.

Anyway, I just had a brainstorm and ran to the front hall closet. Now, the bar in my front hall closet fell on the floor about a month ago and my DH has a broken hand, thus the bar is still on the floor. But I dug through the winter jackets and FOUND my travel outfit! Yay!!

So I am wearing the jacket and pants (organic cotton knit) with a tshirt and birks. Great outfit for sleeping!

Can't imagine sitting in jeans for a flight - and never bring any along for caribbean cruising - too heavy and hot!

Prefer to travel in a nice pair of 'stretchy' black yoga pants - v-neck t-shirt and hoodie or fleece (depending on destination). Also usually wear my runners and a pair of nice soft bamboo knit socks (no elastic to bind)....

Doing an overnight flight to Europe soon so just got a new pair of the pants. I am now shopping for an acceptable 'wire'free bra to make it even more comfortable!

Loose, all natural fabrics such as a drop waist organic cotton dress or jumper and a silk or cotton sweater and hemp or cotton slip-on shoes with low-cut cotton socks.

I don't like or wear synthetic fabrics, particularly when flying. Most synthetic materials will melt onto you much faster than cotton, etc.

This is my favourite travel top:

http://www.ureshii.org/gathered-tunic/

It's really comfortable and roomy without looking sloppy (I always wear accessories and jeans when I fly). I have the top in the linen jersey and it's breathable and wears well. I wore it to fly to Mexico in June and then to Russia in July. I've ordered two more - that's how much I love it!

I looked at their site. Where do they ship from? I've never seen a custom made site like this before. Looks fabulous!

Molly

• 3 weeks later...

Yoga pants, t-shirt, hooded sweatshirt, compression socks and running shoes. I look like I'm on my way to the gym:o, but it's comfortable...and since I'm usually flying for the majority of a day that's really important to me.

I wear black capris so that when I need to use the restroom the bottom of my pants don't touch the nasty bathroom floor. I hate that. I so dislike using the bathrooms after a few hours of flight but ....

Mostly I refer to the overseas flights.

I wear black capris so that when I need to use the restroom the bottom of my pants don't touch the nasty bathroom floor. I hate that. I so dislike using the bathrooms after a few hours of flight but ....

Mostly I refer to the overseas flights.

We learned while traveling in Asia, using squatty potties, to roll up the legs of our pants before dropping them. Thus avoids the pants on the ground problem. I agree, it's disgusting to use the restroom after a few hours on intercontinental flights. :( Especially after the "bar cart" has been by a couple times!:rolleyes:

Being a very girly myself I like to combine fashion and comfort. I love to colour co-ordinate with my hand luggage.

I am going on my first cruise in Aug next yr and I have this beautiful big red, white n blue striped bag that I have used for hand luggage for 2 yrs - I love it! :D

My flight is going to be quite late, so I wont get to the ship until about 7:30pm. So I'm hoping that my favourite little blue flowery summer dress still fits me because its comfortable and is semi-dressy, that way I wont have to change when I get on-board. I normally wear a cardigan for a little warmth too (mind you a couple of wines cure that too ;) )

I always pack a couple of essential items of clothing in my hand luggage in case of luggage miss-haps.

My feet are really bad for swelling in any occasion so you can imagine what they can be like on a flight. So I always wear comfortable loose fitting shoes (sometimes 1 size bigger) that way when my feet do balloon (which they always do) my feet are still comfortable.

Fashion + comfort is the only way :)

I like to look nice, but my main concern is comfort, especially for long flights. I quite often wear either a pair of khakis I have that have a lot of give in the waist or a pair of nice black slacks that also aren't binding. I hate jeans for travel, and usually don't wear them on a cruise anyway.

I layer for the top; short sleeve shirt, sweater, and wear or carry whatever light jacket I am taking along so that I don't have to pack it. I also, reluctantly, often wear my sneakers, since I want them on the trip and they take up a lot of room in the suitcase. If I can get them into the suitcase, then I wear a pair of slip-on shoes. I am amazed at all the women I see traveling in very high heels--my feet would be killing me.

I try to keep these options stylish, but sometimes comfort, especially on overnight flights, wins out.

I always wear flight socks, black leggins and a long dark blue knit sweater (I have two different ones) and a bright colour pashmina. I'm warm and comfortable.

I usually wear ballerinas on my feet. It may not be the most fashionable outfit but at least it's classic enough ;)

Archived