What is your travel day ensemble?

ComeSailWithME

All my cruises involve a long long LLLOOOONNNNGGGG travel day so my ensemble is focused on comfort not fashion. My next cruise is to Australia/New Zealand. Our flight leaves LAX at 10:30 p.m., arriving in Sydney at about 8 a.m. For a 14-hour flight, I'll be wearing some beefed up sweats (more stylish than regular sweats, but still non-binding and comfortable), a t shirt, a jacket of some sort, puffy comfortable socks, and Crocs! No makeup, but lots of moisturizer! So, when they want to take my photo boarding the ship, I'll be the one running away screaming.

I wear jeans, a tank, and a cami. Plus a jacket if I'm taking one. A scarf and My most bulky shoes.

For this next cruise the flight is 10 hours so in my shoulder bag I am packing socks and pair of yoga pants which I will change into when I'm ready to go to sleep.

I have a travelers capri outfit (stretchy) and use long support knee hi's underneath (good for legs and helps prevent swelling). I wear comfortable easy on/easy off shoes. I take a travel pillow and blanket, iPod and voila...

I also sit by the window in case I can sleep (sometimes use Tylenol PM overnight flights).

This always works best for me.

Short flights (4 hours and less) I wear jeans, sandals/pumps, and a fitted t-shirt/sweater. For long international flights, I wear Chico's traveler's pants, a fitted t-shirt, and a cardigan. I also wear compression socks. I did the yoga pants once on a flight to Hong Kong and felt like such a slob in business class. The traveler's pants are just as comfortable but look so much more professional. If I weren't flying for work, I probably wouldn't care as much.

Depends on weather, but usually shorts/top with my bathing suit under it all! This is for boarding the ship.

For flying to the port, again, it's weather dependant....but whatever, it will be comfortable! Our flights are usually less than 3 hours, so jeans/shorts with a tee-type shirt! Shoes...either sports shoes or sandals!

I always travel in a decent pair of black pants and a nice non-wrinkle washable top. If our luggage should get lost, having a decent pair of black pants to 'work off of' would make life much easier to find clothes to make do with until luggage is found.

Depends on the itinerary. When I am sailing to the Caribbean? Usually

a pair of shorts/ capris/crop pants and a nice top with a pair of sandals.

Depends on my mood which bottoms I decide to wear;)

I always arrive in the city I am sailing out of a day early so what I am

wearing for travel has no bearing on what I am wearing on sail day.

For an Alaskan Cruise? A pair of long pants, long sleeved top and

usually a warm up style jacket or a cardigan style sweater with shoes

and socks.

This is my favourite travel top:

http://www.ureshii.org/gathered-tunic/

It's really comfortable and roomy without looking sloppy (I always wear accessories and jeans when I fly). I have the top in the linen jersey and it's breathable and wears well. I wore it to fly to Mexico in June and then to Russia in July. I've ordered two more - that's how much I love it!

That's nice, Hiibiscus. :) I like it.

I always have a cardigan or zip front long sleeve top with me as I find the planes can be cold. I have a few from Chico's I like for travel. Can roll them in a ball and they can take the abuse.

I too, fly in a day early. That means I can wear whatever I want the day of sailing. I usually keep it casual but non jeans. That is just a cruise thing with me - vacations are different, so I dress a bit different. I have a skort I really like that I wore on one of my sail away days with a sleeveless polo shirt.

I have driven to the port twice, because I live in NY and Bayonne is about a 4 hour drive. For those trips, I still went the same route. The difference is that you are in the car a while, so I look for things that don't wrinkle as much.

The heaviest items I'm packing. So usually jeans, sneakers, and whatever jacket/casual blazer I plan to bring. I have learned to loathe that 50 pound limit.

If it's a long flight I will throw fuzzy socks and possibly yoga pants in my carry-on for the sleeping portion.

The last thing I want to wear in a cramped airplane seat is jeans.

I have a Zenergy (Chicos) outfit that I wear on most flights, it's as comfortable as wearing a pair of pajamas. Many of our cruises are cooler weather, so I wear the same pants and top/jacket a couple more times. Just basic black, with a black and beige striped top...maybe a little boring.

The last thing I want to wear in a cramped airplane seat is jeans.

I have a Zenergy (Chicos) outfit that I wear on most flights, it's as comfortable as wearing a pair of pajamas. Many of our cruises are cooler weather, so I wear the same pants and top/jacket a couple more times. Just basic black, with a black and beige striped top...maybe a little boring.

Amen on the jeans comment!:eek: Talk about binding!

I also love Zenergy. They occasionally make a knit product that I love. I have one outfit that is a "tech" fabric with a long pant, capri and a nice jacket with a giraffe print lining. It can be worn with sneakers or flats and look several steps up from sweats, but be just as comfortable. If we're going somewhere warm, I wear the long pants and keep the capri length in my carry on to change when we arrive. I always get cold on a plane, no matter what season.

Ponte is another great fabric for travel. It looks professional, but has plenty of stretch.

Call me crazy, but after 9-11, the miraculous landing on the Hudson River, and some of the other "near misses" in air travel, I want to wear clothes and shoes that I can move easily and quickly if necessary. :o Maybe it's dumb, but it gives me comfort...literally and figuratively!:rolleyes:

I fly in early so it depends on the time of year and weather at home. In October, I wore shorts, a t-shirt, jacket and probably flip-flops. This time (January), I'll probably wear my skinny jeans, a t- shirt, light hoodie and comfy walking shoes. We don't have much time outside so I don't worry too much about a coat or anything because I can brave it even if it's cool for a few minutes. I bring a spare outfit or at least a shirt to change into when I get there because I always feel grungy after flying.

It can vary but usually...

Black slacks or very dark wash Indigo Jeans

Cardigan preferably cashmere.

Wrap

Walking shoes or comfy heels

and my trusty black leather jacket. :)

I wear clothes that fit me and that I feel comfortable wearing in general, so plane, train or automobile I'm comfy. I do lean towards natural fabrics though.

Side note: It's very interesting to see what many Americans wear on a plane compared to Europeans. In general the other side of the Atlantic leans more towards fashion.

I normally travel in that dress stretchy material in either black trousers or black skirt with elasticated waist, a fancy black top with beads or such likes and pretty flat sandals. It would be a perfectly acceptable outfit in the evening if my cases hadn't turned up before dinner.

We only have to drive to the ports but I like to look "nice" and these type of outfits allow comfort and style. I used to wear heels but being on a train that broke down on the way to the airport in Manchester, which had me running across Piccadilly station to make a connection in three inch wedges with only 60 minutes before the flight took off, thought better have flaties in future.

If travelling home to visit family in UK I would just add boots and a nice jacket/coat to the same outfit depending on time of year.

With regard to the side note, yes funnily enough, you do notice a difference between European and American style of dress. The worst of that goes to the guys though with sports socks pulled up to the knees and sandels/flip flops. Even the you guys that use the barber shop next to my spa wear these and they think they are so cool with all their fancy haircuts, chains and street gear. I want to say pull your pants up and put on some sneakers, but alas even on the right side of 40 I feel I am getting old!

We usually sail somewhere warm in the winter. So coming from a cold climate, I wear the following: long sleeve cotton T, 2 piece cotton knit outfit (pants and jacket), lt wt nylon jacket, cotton socks, tennies and of course my undies. As soon as we land, I head for the ladies' room and switch my LS t to a SS T, my pants to crops or shorts, remove my socks and deposit my jac in my tote bag. Then I am ready to enjoy that great balmy weather. For going back I just reverse the order! Simple and effective and comfortable!

Comfort and ease. I wear black pants (white in summer) cotton knit pants that have pockets and an elastic wasteband. I wear support stockings to keep the nasty swelling and blood clots away. A stretchy soft knit top -sweater in the winter/cap sleeve in summer. Heaviest shoes and sneakers have elastic belled shoelaces so easy on off. A white hoodie that is designed to protect from the sun (and helps if in a drafty seat), a bra without underwire/sometimes a sport bra. Carry winter coat and slip on a jacket that is pleather or sometimes carry both coats if changing hemispheres. I also wear a travel vest with all my neccessities and valuables. Stylish NOT but it is what I need for the plane and for the first few hours before luggage and hotel room meet. I am a product of my mother's saying foreverrrrrrr. "You just need to be neat and clean and that is good enough"

Usually have an overnight red eye flight non stop , so I dress comfy. Nice black slacks, black v neck 3/4 sleeve jersey top, black or gray zip up light weight jacket , flat black comfy off on shoes, extra socks in my carry on purse for the flight . Backpack instead of purse for my underseat personal item and rolling carry on for my carry on item. Then if we can't check in right away at the hotel (we always arrive a day early) then I am dressed decently for anything I might need to do. Also I carry my jewelry in my backpack, and I try to keep jewelry to a minimum for the flight, don't want to set off the security.

I always pack with layering my outfits in mind , just seems to work for me.

Cori

Archived