Future Cruise Credits

scotty2

Has Princess stopped the FCC program We have money in FCC but the TA said that they couldn't be used for a deposit.

Has this happened to anyone else? I called Princess and they told me they couldn't tell me anything I should call the TA but it was late and I knew she wouldn't be there.

I would appreciate any info

Has Princess stopped the FCC program We have money in FCC but the TA said that they couldn't be used for a deposit.

Has this happened to anyone else? I called Princess and they told me they couldn't tell me anything I should call the TA but it was late and I knew she wouldn't be there.

I on't know what your TA is talking about. Princess still sells the FCC. We bought them in May. They are still used by many for bookings. You may need to find another TA

On 18 August, using my TA, I booked a future cruise and applied the FCCs I purchased aboard ship last February. I think you need to have a talk with your TA. If no luck, consider cancelling and rebooking with another TA.

Perhaps you were trying to book a cruise on sale that required a full deposit, not an FCC.

Even then you could apply an FCC as part of the payment and to get the OBC that comes with it.

The TA is wrong.

2nd opinion: The TA is wrong.

Only if you've booked a world cruise, world cruise segment, or put a deposit down for a waitlisted cabin (once you get a cabin, you can use the FCC to get the OBC.) If none of these are the case, you need a new TA.

You could even use FCCs to book a cruise on the Labour Day sale -- the only problem with that is that the deposit is non-refundable -- so if you cancel the cruise, you lose your FCC.

Even then, you are better off as the deposit would be more without the FCC. So you would lose more if you cancelled.

On the confirmation is a line that I feel is very confusing. It says(copied and pasted):

Future Cruise Credits cannot be used towards payment of deposit (excluding Future Cruise Deposits).

Of course, you can use a FCC for a deposit. Maybe this is a TA that doesn't work with Princess a lot or doesn't understand that wording??? Just a thought. To the OP, you should be able to use your FCC. Have your TA check again.

While I hate to wordsmith things here, what you purchased was a Future Cruise Deposit – not a Future Cruise Credit. As a bonus for purchasing the Future Cruise Deposit, a credit is applied to your onboard account for an amount dependant on the length of your cruise. I had the same issue with my TA when I asked her to use my FCC for the cruise deposit. She said that it couldn’t be done. As it turned out, she was right. She could apply the deposit – not the credit.

I called Princess to double check how many FCCs i had and she gave me all the numbers on those still available. When I book a cruise yesterday I had the TA use the oldest #s. I always like to keep at least 2 "in the bank" in case I want to book a B2B

~Doris~

While I hate to wordsmith things here, what you purchased was a Future Cruise Deposit – not a Future Cruise Credit. As a bonus for purchasing the Future Cruise Deposit, a credit is applied to your onboard account for an amount dependant on the length of your cruise. I had the same issue with my TA when I asked her to use my FCC for the cruise deposit. She said that it couldn’t be done. As it turned out, she was right. She could apply the deposit – not the credit.

I like wordsmithing.

I'm so glad my TA understands me when I use the terms FCC for FCD, and FCD for FCC. Once I even said "my future cruise thing". :o

I called Princess to double check how many FCCs i had and she gave me all the numbers on those still available. When I book a cruise yesterday I had the TA use the oldest #s. I always like to keep at least 2 "in the bank" in case I want to book a B2B

~Doris~

Since Princess reduced the OBC in several instances when they revised the program in March this year (examples: 7 days oceanview OBC reduced from $50 to $25; 16 day balcony reduced from $150 to $100), it sometimes may be better to use a newer FCD first and save the older ones for when you would get the better OBC.

Thank You to everyone for your input. I have changed TA's and I am using my FCC.

This board is a wealth of info.

Happy to hear it worked out in your favor. A good travel agent is a must--especially on that specializes in cruises.

Enjoy your sailing! (and onboard credits)

Archived