corkage fees

hotrod610

sailing on Norweigen dawn if we bring wine on board we will need to pay a corkage fee we are Ok with is. when we pay this do we bring our bottle to the dining room ourselves or does the cruise line take the wine you pay corkage on and serve it at your table

sailing on Norweigen dawn if we bring wine on board we will need to pay a corkage fee we are Ok with is. when we pay this do we bring our bottle to the dining room ourselves or does the cruise line take the wine you pay corkage on and serve it at your table

This is from the NCL web site and is the corkage fee.

Wine & Champagne Policy

Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00

1,000 ml Bottle: $ 20.00

1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Keith

I brought two bottles in my carry on last march on the Dawn. If I were to do it again I would pull them out and show the security staff prior to my bag being screened. They acted like they had found contraband. I am a picky wine drinker so I was glad to have my chosen wine but if you are not that fussy it is probably easier and not that more expensive to just purchase it while on board.

Yes. You pay the same fees cork or screw top.

Keith

yesevenifitusesacorkthey will assess thefee

Corkage fee's have nothing to do with how the bottle is sealed. It's a term used to cover lost revenue to to the ship. Some restaurants on land do the same thing if you bring your own.

awww nuts :p

i wasnt planning on bringing any wine anyway, it was just an odd question floating in my head

wish there was a beer fee instead

It's so much easier to purchase a wine package onboard than having to carry a few bottles with you. They would rather have you buy from them than charging you the corkage fee. I would only bring wine with me if I was that fussy because they didn't sell the brand that I really liked. On a seven day cruise a five bottle wine package is the way to go. On a recent Carnival Dream cruise in August on the first day my wife wanted a glass of white wine before sailaway. The bartender told her she was better off purchasing a bottle for twenty five dollars instead of a glass for eight. She purchased the bottle and my cousin and his wife finished it off in our cabin a few days later.

This is from the NCL web site and is the corkage fee.

Wine & Champagne Policy

When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any [...] or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

Keith

wow. in the stateroom?! even if you do the honors yourself?! I am not morally opposed to corkage fees for public venues, but this seems a bit greedy even for the cruise lines.

too bad norweigen doesn't offer wines packages i still think your better off bringing your own if the bottle costs 10 dollars and corkage is 15 dollars its is still cheaper than what the cruise is charging usually cheapest bottle is 31 dollars

Archived