Repositioning Cruises?

wezie

If you did a search for cruises over 12 days you would turn some up.

Most Carnival cruises are 7 days or less, so other than europe and breeze doing a 8 day, there are no other longer cruises.

Plus you know they are always in the spring or fall when they move the ships.

The one in my signature going to Hawaii is a TA, 15 days. Leaves the end of Alaska season to move the ship to Calif.

How do you find them?

We are doing the Miracle re-po cruise in March 2013. NYC to LA through the Panama Canal.

There is also a 3 part re-po for Splendor she is too fat for the Panama Canal so she is sailing down and around South America .. 47 days total.

Conquest has a 2 part re-po from NOLA to San Juan and then San Juan to POM. {Note that you cannot do a B2B on this cruise.}

Destiny is going to Italy in Feb 2013 .. Right now there are some awesome prices. Think 7 day cruise prices for a 18 day cruise.:eek:

Legend is also going to Europe in the spring of 2013.

Then come fall 2013 Legend and the NEW Sunshine will be returning here.

We love repo's too.....we've done 2 transatlantics already, and we're booked for the Destiny's final voyage from Miami to Venice in February.

We love longer cruises, this one's 18 days...a different atmosphere to shorter cruises.

Most TA sites have transatlantics and repo's... and Carnival's site does too.

On my bucket list to try one

Right now the prices for Destiny in Feb 2013 .. speechless prices.

If you had the choice between a 7 day in an 8C or an 18 day 8C both for the same price which would you take?

I'm serious if my husband could take off of work for the TA on Destiny and still do the Panama Canal I'd book in a heartbeat. The TA is less then our ES booking on the Valor 7 days last year.:eek:

Right now the prices for Destiny in Feb 2013 .. speechless prices.

If you had the choice between a 7 day in an 8C or an 18 day 8C both for the same price which would you take?

I'm serious if my husband could take off of work for the TA on Destiny and still do the Panama Canal I'd book in a heartbeat. The TA is less then our ES booking on the Valor 7 days last year.:eek:

Hard to be away from work for more than 8 days right now. Besides have one booked for Feb 2013.

Other problem is very high air costs. However sure want to do this though.

What part of the carnival website has the info for booking these cruises? I try a mock booking and only get the normal cruises, not the repositioning ones.

On Carnival and other travel booking engines, you usually have to look for a destination. The Splendor repo from LA to NYC in Feb. 2013, around the Horn, is listed under S. America and includes 3 legs. Or a good travel agent should know what all cruise lines offer, as far as repo's.

If you use a travel search engine, you can check all cruise lines. Transatlantics are usually listed as Transatlantics.

For the Spirit repo to Australia and the S. America next year, I saw it first right here on CC, before the agents even knew about it. Word travels fast here, especially if it's an unusual itinerary.

another time/area to check out is late April/early May Notrhtbound to Alaska. Southbound is early September.

We've done two northbound West Coast repos. A three day and a six day. The three day one was before they became popular. 188 pax on a 1300 pax ship.:D

Archived