maasdam 42 day cruise hotel parking

jpinperth

I don't think I would want my car in an unattended hotel parking lot for 42 days. Embassy Suites hotel does have an attended valet parking lot where you would have to pay, but at least there would be hotel security.

If it were I our car would be in the Port Everglades covered parking deck within the port where security is assured and the car is protected. Yes, it's expensive for 42 days, but your car would be there when you returned.

Hyatt Pier 66 also has attendant/valet paid parking but it would get very pricey for 42 days. Again, as Peaches says, because of the valets/attendants and security with guarded gate, your car would be as safe as anywhere.

It might be less costly to do two auto rentals. Rent and drive and turn the car in and then rent when you return to drive home.

If you live in Florida....the best thing to do is rent a car each way. There are no one way drop off charges within Florida and you can usually find a decent rental rate if you shop around.

If you are driving from another state....see if you can park your car at a Florida friend's house and then do the rental car.

For that length of time I would go for an off-port parking lot, which is a compromise between the security of the parking garage and the near-zero security of a hotel lot.

Park'N Go (not ParkNFly) on Eller Drive just outside the port gates is just $6/day with advanced internet reservations compared to $15/day for the garage. We've used them, and been very satisfied. Free shuttle to/from the port.

http://www.bookparkngo.com/index.php?main_page=index

:) Go to this site: www.stay123 They list all the hotels by cruiseport that offer free parking for various # of days. We took the 45 day med cruise last Oct and chose Hampton INN 30 days free parking, free transfers back and forth to cruiseport freecoctail party in the evening, free expanded breakfast in the AM. extra days parking over 30 was $5.00 per day. a real nice clean hotel with a nice outside pool and right nextdoor to a huge shopping center. We will stay there again in Jan. By the wayu most of the listed hotels are cheaper going thru stay123 than by booking direct.

\

Hello all.... I'm trying to find a hotel in Lauderdale that would allow parking for up to 42 days. I know that some will do 14 but does anyone know if there's a hotel where you can pay the addtional parking days while away?

Are you on the 42 day Maasdam RT out of Ft. Lauderdale, leaving Oct. 19th?

If so, come on over to our Roll Call:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1438863&page=34

Rent a car for $50
That may be possible for a compact rental for 1 day within FL, but since the OP is talking about staying overnight in a hotel I presume they are far enough away so that it would be a 2-day rental at each end of the cruise. Plus you've got the hassles of picking up and dropping off the car at the home city. Driving my own car and parking off-port for $6/day would work out cheaper and be much more convenient for me.

:) Go to this site: www.stay123 They list all the hotels by cruiseport that offer free parking for various # of days. We took the 45 day med cruise last Oct and chose Hampton INN 30 days free parking, free transfers back and forth to cruiseport freecoctail party in the evening, free expanded breakfast in the AM. extra days parking over 30 was $5.00 per day. a real nice clean hotel with a nice outside pool and right nextdoor to a huge shopping center. We will stay there again in Jan. By the wayu most of the listed hotels are cheaper going thru stay123 than by booking direct.

\

We fly so it doesn't pertain to us but this is a great post.

Very helpful to the many who are taking longer cruises and don't know where to leave their cars.

Hello all.... I'm trying to find a hotel in Lauderdale that would allow parking for up to 42 days. I know that some will do 14 but does anyone know if there's a hotel where you can pay the addtional parking days while away?

We use Stay123.com to find hotel / parking package pricing when we fly or cruise. There is a Hampton Inn (Plantation) in Fort Lauderdale that offers 31 (30?) days of parking. Perhaps you could arrange to pay for the additional days.

Also, prior to finding that hotel, we needed to park for @ three weeks. Since the "free parking" comes with only one night at the hotel, we stayed the night before the cruise and the night after the cruise, allowing us to park for twice as many nights!

We are going on that cruise also and are renting a car to Ft Lauderdale and the rental company will take us to the cruise port and pick us up at the port when we return as we are renting another car then to drive home. Renting for 2 days each way is a total cost of $120. and we don't have to worry about our car.

Archived