Cruise Protestors Delay Departure of Cruise Ships from Venice

CtheW0rld

Great, another worry about my upcoming bucket list cruise. :rolleyes: I do hope that we don't feel the hostility while in Venice.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their environmental concerns. I just hope they realize the dispute is between the Italian government and the large cruise companies, not with cruisers/tourists that have traveled across the world to see their fine City.

Great, another worry about my upcoming bucket list cruise. :rolleyes: I do hope that we don't feel the hostility while in Venice.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their environmental concerns. I just hope they realize the dispute is between the Italian government and the large cruise companies, not with cruisers/tourists that have traveled across the world to see their fine City.

Sher

Prayers that there won't be any portesting while you are there.

Don't get me wrong, I understand their environmental concerns. I just hope they realize the dispute is between the Italian government and the large cruise companies, not with cruisers/tourists that have traveled across the world to see their fine City.[/quote]

I have my fingers and toes crossed for you Sher. I know how much this trip means to you and the hubby.

Nick and KK- Thank you so much for your good thoughts. I am sure it will all work out and, if we are part of the protest, then there will be more stories to be told later on. ;)

I do hope they can find a workable solution, to think that the current situation might be further eroding Venice is something that needs to be addressed by the government and the shipping industry.

CB.... you find very interesting links to share with us and I appreciate it.

We adored our cruise into and out of Venice and would be horrified to think our cruise ship (Statendam or Maasdam - I don't remember which now :o ) did anything to harm that magnificent, very fragile environment.

This link does make me think about possible damage but have to depend upon the studies by the Italian government and other professionals know more than I about that.

This link has caused me to 'stop and think'.

SHER,,,,

I SO, SO, So hope nothing interferes with you and DH having the most wonderful time. Venice is a dream and I hope you love every second there. There is positively nothing we don't love about Venezia.

The first time we visited, we arrived by tour bus.

The second time, we came on train.

The third time, we flew to Venice and

The fourth time, we came by HAL cruise ship.

No question which was the best way to arrive in Venice. :)

Have a GREAT time.

Sher - I hope all goes well with your cruise. Sailing in and out of Venice is really beautiful.

Hopefully things get worked out and a resolution is found for everyone both the tourists arrive by ship and Venice's San Marco and delicate environment.

Very well stated Sher, I hope we don't have to deal with this, was bad enough a few weeks ago worrying about our Lufthansa flight, then the political unrest and now this.............gosh.........

Diane.

Archived