Car service question - sorry

mygreyhound66

Greetings, I have done searches but can't find current information/recommendations. I was considering booking a company for service for 2, from FCO to our Rome hotel. The company I am looking at is: romeshuttlelimousine (all one word), dot com. They have the most reasonable rate at 40Euros.

Can anyone give me opinions please? really appreciate it.......

I think pre arranging a car is a good idea. We do it through our hotel - they make the arrangement and the driver is waiting outside of baggage with a sign with our name on it. He helps us with the luggage to the car (a very nice one by the way) and smooth drive to the hotel with no concern about the driver not knowing exactly where he is going. We do pay a bit extra 55 euro for our upcoming Nov trip - same price as two years ago but we think worth every penny:):)

40 euros per person is not a good rate. 40 euros for the cab is an extraordinarily good rate, better than at curb taxis, and a bit surprising. Which one is it?

CruiserBruce, yes I agree 40 Euros is a good price (that is for the car, maximum of 3 people and 1 luggage each). I thought that it was a very well priced option - and I was hoping that somebody had recently used them and could comment on their services!

Please let me know....many thanks...

I haven't recently used them....but I did a couple of years ago and the drivers were great and the price can't be beat. Our flight coming home required a pick-up from our hotel at some ungodly time like 5:45 am or such and the guy was there early. I plan to use them later this year for our transfers to our hotel from FCO and for our transfer to the port. I highly recommend them.

Also, since I use a Capital One card that has no conversion fees, I like to use my credit card instead of having to have lots of euros with me....and Rome Shuttle Limousine allows payment in euros or credit cards.

Have a great trip!

Archived