When to "pull the trigger" on booking our holiday cruise

NAUdebo

My family is planning on a New Year's cruise, and I have been watching prices like a hawk for months. There's eight of us, one being my seven-month old, and we're all trying to keep this as reasonable as possible financially. It's a challenge, given the premium pricing for holiday cruises. I've been fortunate to get good deals on my prior trips, but this will be my first holiday cruise.

Right now, the Eurodam 7 day western Caribbean sailing on December 29th has verandahs going for $999 pp with a free third guest (Mariner pricing). What are the chances this deal gets better after final payment? There are no balconies available that hold four - at one point, we talked about going four to each cabin. I want to get the best deal, but also don't want to hold out so long that we lose out on a good offer.

Our airfare is already booked on Southwest, so it's refundable and we don't have to worry about airfare going up if we wait.

Here is another vote for book now. Just took a look at my Noordam cruise during President's day/week 2013. WOW! The prices have gone sky high. I thought it was high when I booked but my fare has gone up $900 (single supp)! The cruise looks to be selling very well as all the suites and PH are gone. In addition the outsides are very limited.

Archived