Carnival vs Royal Caribbean, which would you choose?

Fishingshoes

Sailed Carnival and never RCCL, somehow everytime I plan they don't sail the schedule/ports I want.

All things being the same an interesting question, and comes down to value of money.

My perception is that Carnival is "cheaper" than RCCL. I'm at the stage I'd pay more for what I perceive RCCL offers. Not a dish on Carnival but I'm not looking for a Carnival experience after experience it once in the Caribbean and comfortable to pay more, a lot more for another experience, others have different wants/needs and capability :D

No if you ask Princess versus RCCL with Princess being cheaper, I'd take Princess as their product has been perfect for me and paying more for more I don't need. For the same price.. I'd do RCCL over Princess just to learn what is the RCCL reality.

All other things equal, Carnival is typically cheaper and attracts a younger crowd. Because of that, the night life on Carnival tends to be much more active.

Food and entertainment from Carnival to RCCL is going to be about the same. Bigger ships have better entertainment. Carnival will have more active Comedy Clubs because of the crowd.

RCCL standard cabins are much smaller than Carnival, on almost every ship.

If you're booking a high end suite, RCCL definitely has the edge.

RCCL will have *slightly* nicer end finishes. Example: The cabinets in your cabin might look like they cost $5X instead of $4X like on Carnival - minimal differences that really don't affect your experience all that much (in my opinion).

I recommend picking your cruise based on the following, with the most important at the top:

1. How long do you want to sail?

2. What ports do you want to go to?

3. What port do you want to sail out of?

4. Are there any 'special' ships that you REALLY want to go on?

5. Which is best for your budget? (Going cheap, splurging, or somewhere in between?) (If you want other people to go with you, consider their budget also)

6. Which size ship do you want? (Big, Medium, or Small?)

Seriously, you dug up an 11-year old thread just to respond to this?????:confused:

Although, gotta admit - 11 years later and still having the same argument between choosing the 2 lines is something else..... 2004 or 2015, still sounding / acting the same, that's scary. :confused:

Archived