Fort Lauderdale - Embassy Suites

sail7seas

I thought so, Typhoon, but we have not stayed in enough of them for me to have contradicted.

Thanks for clarifying.

Maybe there are a few unusual exceptions? :shrug:

I don't think they are all the same Sail. The one in Montreal has continental stuff and only has a hot buffet breakfast style (ie., scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, sausage) - doesn't compare to the 17th street spread IMO:D

Mind you, the living room is much bigger in the Montreal one and we liked it - but I think 17th Street has it beat hands down with the fabulous breakfast - lovely plants, pool and decor and the handiness to everything.

But yes, every Embassy suite has a 'breakfast' of some sort, a manager's reception and a bedroom and separate living room so to speak.

The breakfast at the 17th Street In FLL was one of the best I have ever seen (especially with eggs, etc. cooked to order (even egg white omelets)) .

for your friends considering booking - it normally starts out expensive - tell them to book (no cancellation fee as long as you cancel within 48 hours) and then watch the rates. I find they go down/the hotel has specials. The Hilton MVP site offers good rates at times as well. Our price has already gone down one. We just rebook and then cancel the old one.

Depending upon when they are looking at going rates can be quite reasonable (ie $169-$179 is the lowest I've seen) especially when you consider that breakfast and drinks in the evening are included.

hope this helps a bit:)

Yes, it does, Jacqui. Thanks. :)

I never knew until this thread that Embassy Suites is owned by Hilton......

So is Hyatt Pier 66.

I wonder if the Embassy Suites outside U.S. might be different than the ones domestic to U.S? Perhaps that is why you noticed specific differences between the 17th St, FLL and the Montreal properties?

So is Hyatt Pier 66.

I wonder if the Embassy Suites outside U.S. might be different than the ones domestic to U.S? Perhaps that is why you noticed specific differences between the 17th St, FLL and the Montreal properties?

They are all owned by Hilton Judy - I have seen variances all over the place as to what is served. i think the key thing with 17th street is it has built a reputation and knows it and wants to preserve it. it's a cruise stop getting you ready to cruise. The other Embassy Suites we have stayed here in Canada and in the U.S. have been more typical places to stay on business or vacation - just a whole different ambience (and generally speaking not as many choices for breakfast - the breakfasts were fine at the other ones - but this one was outstanding IMO and really gets you in cruise mode).

Well, if you or your friends are Hilton Honors members they/you may well have enough points to stay at the Embassy Suites for free (even better).

In all honesty, this hotel is one of the reasons we have maintained our Hilton membership.

Call me nuts - we simply like the ambience of this spot even though the living area in the room is quite small - of course we like the Prinsendam too so go figure;)

So is Hyatt Pier 66.

Really? Hilton owns Hyatt hotels? I never heard that before and no Hyatt hotel or resort is listed anywhere as a Hilton property. Interesting. We usually stay at Hilton-owned hotels so are very familiar with their various hotels and have never seen Hyatts mentioned.

Really? Hilton owns Hyatt hotels? I never heard that before and no Hyatt hotel or resort is listed anywhere as a Hilton property. Interesting. We usually stay at Hilton-owned hotels so are very familiar with their various hotels and have never seen Hyatts mentioned.

You are correct Peaches - Hyatt is a whole different organization (unless they are keeping it secret for some reason:rolleyes:) different membership type for free stays etc. Not part of the Hilton group as far as I know. they are not part of the Hilton group (we stay at a lot of Hiltons too - if we can)

Hyatt has it's own group of hotels.

You are correct Peaches - Hyatt is a whole different organization (unless they are keeping it secret for some reason:rolleyes:) different membership type for free stays etc. Not part of the Hilton group as far as I know. they are not part of the Hilton group (we stay at a lot of Hiltons too - if we can)

Hyatt has it's own group of hotels.

Thought I was more confused than usual. ;) Hilton lists all their properties on their websites, brochures, HH material, etc.- Hampton, Doubletree, Embassy Sts, Waldorf Astoria and others and I've never ever seen Hyatt mentioned. Hyatt has its own list of Hyatt-owned hotels and there is no crossover.

The Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL is a franchise (one of the few) and it is owned by the same consortium which OWNS Hilton. ;) They bought Hilton about 3 or so years ago.

The same group owns the Boca Beach Club and Resort among lots of other things.

Hilton is owned by Blackstone Properties, a private equity group.

Thought I was more confused than usual. ;) Hilton lists all their properties on their websites, brochures, HH material, etc.- Hampton, Doubletree, Embassy Sts, Waldorf Astoria and others and I've never ever seen Hyatt mentioned. Hyatt has its own list of Hyatt-owned hotels and there is no crossover.

You didn't check Franchises.

The Hyatt Pier 66 in FLL is a franchise (one of the few) and it is owned by the same consortium which OWNS Hilton. ;) They bought Hilton about 3 or so years ago.

The same group owns the Boca Beach Club and Resort among lots of other things.

Interesting - when you do a search on the Hilton website for hotels in FLL - I never recall seeing this show up - but that's great news if points are being accumulated - again, there could be a free stay here if they are interested:D

Staying at the ES in December before Eurodam cruise. Staying for free with Hilton Points. Really looking forward to it. Love all the reassuring comments about the hotel.

Thank you all....

(PS. Really looking forward to getting away from the US for seven days. Doesn't matter anymore if you on vacation. If you are in country, clients expect service.)

Interesting - when you do a search on the Hilton website for hotels in FLL - I never recall seeing this show up - but that's great news if points are being accumulated - again, there could be a free stay here if they are interested:D

I edited my above posted after you posted, Jacqui.

Sail -

Most of the international Embassy Suites have safes, but have noticed that very few of the domestic ones follow suit.

I spend most of my time in hotels - and for the last few years, international locations. Most international hotels, regardless the "star" rating seem to count in-room safes as standard amenities but am constantly surprised by the number of US hotels that don't follow suit.

Not one of my favorite Embassy Suites (or Hilton property overall) as I think the facilities have felt a little more tired than other hotels in the same price range but the convenience and the cruise buzz in the morning can for some be well worth it.

I edited my above posted after you posted, Jacqui.

Hilton Worldwide is actually owned by Blackstone Group, L.P. which is not Blackstone Properties, which is a private property management company in NYC with holdings primarily located there. Blackstone Group is a NYSE listed company with symbol BX.

While the property that includes Hyatt Pier 66 may indeed by owned by BX, it is operated as a Hyatt hotel. Hyatt is a NYSE listed company with symbol H. Hyatt has had dealings with BX in the past including purchases of Amerisuites and Summerfield Suites from BX.

It's a little misleading to imply that Hilton has anything to do with the Hyatt Pier 66 as there are no common loyalty programs or management operations between the two. That BX might own the property that Hyatt Pier 66 sits on has nothing to do with its operation. You wouldn't say that Hilton has anything to do with Publix Supermarkets just because BX owns many properties that include Publix stores.

<snip>

It's a little misleading to imply that Hilton has anything to do with the Hyatt Pier 66 as there are no common loyalty programs or management operations between the two. That BX might own the property that Hyatt Pier 66 sits on has nothing to do with its operation. You wouldn't say that Hilton has anything to do with Publix Supermarkets just because BX owns many properties that include Publix stores.

I'm not sure where I said Hyatt Pier 66 and Hilton had anything to do with each other except being owned by same group.

Did I say that somewhere? :confused:

We get Hyatt loyalty points when we stay at that hotel.... only Hyatt points.

and IMHO Embassy Suites has nicer accommodations, convenience of shopping and restaurants, very friendly staff, the excellent buffet breakfast, the pool.......and I may be mistaken but in January 2011 the shuttle was still included in the room fare and I had the shuttle alone, walked out the front door, they loaded my luggage and I was on the ship 45 mins later.

I stayed at Pier 66 many times but the last time in 2010 I found the facilities outdated, isolated and a little depressing!

So is Hyatt Pier 66.

Emphasis above is mine.

I'm not sure where I said Hyatt Pier 66 and Hilton had anything to do with each other except being owned by same group.

Did I say that somewhere? :confused:

We get Hyatt loyalty points when we stay at that hotel.... only Hyatt points.

I wasn't correcting you so much as I was attempting to set the record straight because some immediately started wondering if Hyatt was owned by Hilton. Wasn't picking on you S7S. :)

I can't say which is the cab company but one of them seems to have drivers who are never off their cell phones. They glue it to their ear and yak yak yak the whole ride. There are times I'm not sure they've heard the address to which we wish to go. :D

I can't say which is the cab company but one of them seems to have drivers who are never off their cell phones. They glue it to their ear and yak yak yak the whole ride. There are times I'm not sure they've heard the address to which we wish to go. :D

It is illegal to talk on a 'cell 'phone during the operation of a motor vehicle in the Province of Ontario, Canada! :) Perhaps the State of Florida should institute a similar law! ;)

So far that law hasn't stopped it from happening at least not in Southern Ontario.

Same thing in the Province Of New Brunswick:rolleyes: I still see people with the phones to their ears even though it's against the law:rolleyes:

Same thing in the Province Of New Brunswick:rolleyes: I still see people with the phones to their ears even though it's against the law:rolleyes:

Here in WA state too. Yesterday I watched as a young woman chatted away on her phone, ignoring the ambulance coming up fast with lights flashing in her lane. She finally got out of the way when he turned on the sirens.:rolleyes:

Archived