Norfolk Island

Debsta

Has anyone here actually made it there?

I have no idea what to do if we do make it there. The ship shore tours are only 1.5 hours each and really expensive. On my own, so I don't really want to hire a car.

Before I start emailing the tour operator there (who has probably been booked out by P&O anyway)......thoughts?

I have no idea what to do if we do make it there. The ship shore tours are only 1.5 hours each and really expensive. On my own, so I don't really want to hire a car.

Before I start emailing the tour operator there (who has probably been booked out by P&O anyway)......thoughts?

Deb p&o have made it to Norfolk about twice....have you done Toni's tour in Tonga, if you havent worth the money to do it, all day for about $35 plus lunch

As rkmw said P&O have made it there before (I think its about 2 - 3 times now, but I think its only been twice that passengers have been able to get off).

On our Tahitian Treasures cruise, we cruised passed Norfolk Island (ie: we could see it!), the island looked good!.

Deb p&o have made it to Norfolk about twice....have you done Toni's tour in Tonga, if you havent worth the money to do it, all day for about $35 plus lunch

Already booked it Danno :D

Plus swimming with da humpback whales on Vavau :D

As rkmw said P&O have made it there before (I think its about 2 - 3 times now, but I think its only been twice that passengers have been able to get off).

On our Tahitian Treasures cruise, we cruised passed Norfolk Island (ie: we could see it!), the island looked good!.

Yeah, not holding my breath making it there, but then again......I've always been lucky with not missing ports....well except the Cyclona Vania NYE cruise when we couldn't go to Isle of Pines but they substituted Mystery Island. So Myster Island is no longer a mystery to me and I've been back to Isle of Pines.

I've flown to Norfolk Island.

Your options from a cruise landing are really to hire a car, or take a tour. I'm not sure which side you'd come in on (it may depend on weather), but if it's the main one you'll be fairly isolated and have a hill in front of you, and a big walk to town. At the other jetty, you're near the old settlement and there are some interesting things to see there, and it's more scenic too.

There's no public transport and only a few taxis on the island, no bicycles so there aren't really any other options. Maybe find a few friends and hire a car if you don't want to do the tours? There are nice places to go, but you need a car to get around.

Whilst on Pacific Pearl earlier this year I mentioned to the Future Cruise Consultant about this particular cruise and said I would not go as I always wanted to go to Norfolk and the ship never seemed to make it.

She was quite "iffy" about it and asked where I had come up with the information and she informed me that my CC information was wrong and that the ship had only missed Norfoolk Island once!!!!

Consequently I still did not book the cruise!!!!!!!!

She was quite "iffy" about it and asked where I had come up with the information and she informed me that my CC information was wrong and that the ship had only missed Norfoolk Island once!!!!

Consequently I still did not book the cruise!!!!!!!!

I guess she forgets the ships have webcams and that there are people out there that like seeing where the ships are :) :o

Like the Big M I've flown there (3 times) & I agree that neither of the landing sites are within walking distance of the town. Cars are very cheap to hire & as the island is only 5kmx8km it's easy to see most points of interest in a short time. I wonder if a shuttle to Burnt Pine would be available. At least then you could do duty free shopping. The museums are fascinating, especially the maritime museum with a cannon from the Bounty & relics fro Sirius which was wrecked on the reef at Kingston.

Archived